Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group / unethical behavior

Bologna, Italy

My first experience with ROVIA
My name is Boca Lucian and I chose ROVIA to become a World Ventures customer. Because the destination where we want to get on holiday with my family (Italy, Milano Maritima area) during this period I was not on the list of Dream Trips, I decided to test the module a la cart. Thus, we booked a hotel room from Bologna - Italy on a Dream Trips priced platform at a lower price than on reservation - Hotel Astoria, located in the historical center of the city.
Airline tickets were purchased through a low-cost company, because at the time we made the reservations, low cost flights were removed from the Club D.T. platform, so do not talk. Also, the Milano Maritima Hotel taken from bookimg because there are no options on the D.T.Club platform, so do not talk.
1. For transportation from Bologna Airport to Milano Maritima, we intend to rent a car on site. We also arrive at Bologna Airport Sunday morning 03.09.2017 at 7.40 am checked the prices and availability of Rent a Car on the Club's platform and we directly addressed the Company for renting a car for the period 03-11 September 2017. We were told they have no available car.
I have shown the Budget / Avis representative that the online platform appears to be more cars available for rent and told me to try to reserve online what I did with the budget representative. We immediately received the confirmation of the reservation by post no
Your booking confirmation for Car(s) - 2115688
Inbox
• [protected]@rovia.com
To:[protected]@yahoo.com
Sep 3 at 9:56 AM

2017

Dear Lucian Boca,

Thank you for choosing DreamTrips. This email serves as your travel itinerary. Please feel free to contact DreamTrips 24*7 Customer care in case you need help.

Best Regards,

Fare: Base Fare: $141.00 USD Taxes & Fee: $47.94 USD Total Fare: $188.94 USD

Traveler Traveler Name Vendor Confirmation #
Adult Lucian Boca 15215542US6-

Additional Information
Please use the Vendor Confirmation Numbers when dealing directly with the airline, hotel or car rental agency, not the Rovia Trip ID. The Confirmation Number is located in the Trip Details under Vendor Confirmation #. If your travel takes you internationally please dial 011 and the number.
Your order is subject to DreamTrips's terms and conditions

Note: The driver of the vehicle must present a valid driver’s license/permit at the time of pickup.

For any questions or help with your order please call our 24/7 customer support number: +[protected]. Please have your DreamTrips Trip ID ready (2115688).

IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO BE AWARE OF ALL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR YOUR DESTINATION BASED ON YOUR CITIZENSHIP. CHECK WITH YOUR DEPARTMENT OF STATE OR EQUIVALENT AGENCY IN YOUR COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE FOR FULL DETAILS.

Rovia and the Rovia logos are registered trademarks under license to Rovia, LLC.
© [protected] Licensed to Rovia, LLC. All rights reserved. Any unauthorized use is a violation of applicable laws. All travel is booked by and with Rovia, LLC or its affiliates.

At that time, the Budget representative informed me that she did not receive any mail with a reservation in this respect and refused to give me an email address for send the confirmation of the reservation who I received from Rovia or at least to write a reservation number. The Budget Representative told me quietly, to wait until they had cars available.
Obviously, I asked about how long it could take and if I could leave a number. tel. to be announced when I can come after the car, thinking in the meantime that I take breakfast with my family at the airport.
The answer was: "I will not be announced, I only have to ask and my wait may take several hours or maybe a few days, because customers who made reservations a month ago ", After which I turned my back on behalf of the Budget representative.
In such circumstances, I started to call the Consierge service 24/7, as follows:
-1 call to [protected]
- 2 calls to +[protected]
1 call to [protected] to whom I have not been able to speak being out of service hours and 6 calls at +[protected], where I have waited more than 20 minutes. to be picked up by an operator, but I have not been able to talk to anybody other than the robot, but I'll probably find a bill on the phone at very high cost.
I decided then to go back to the Budget and ask my boss for me if it is worthwhile to wait (I had 2 children of 3 or 12 years old) or to address another car rental company.
So I went back to Budget and talked to another representative (the first one left when he saw me coming to the counter), told him I made an on-line booking and that I talked to my colleague about this in which this representative also disappeared in an office to talk with my colleague to whom I first addressed). He returned quite quickly and told me that he had a car available but that I had to wait until 11.30. At that moment I told her that I can not wait anymore because I have two children next to me whom he saw and that they have lost their patience. If I have to wait until 11.30, I prefer to address another company Rent a car from the airport, I can still see my vacation, because that was the purpose of my trip.
What do you think?
At that time, I was told we could perfect the car rental and started, but just told me that in order to get the car it was necessary to change the reservation from B to C and that I still have to pay something extra. I did not agree to modify the booking category, motivating that I received the booking confirmation for the choice I made, respectively for the price of 188.94 USD and that I do not want any change.
There followed a long series of discussions because they continued to say they can not give me the car if they do not change the booking category from B to C that I gave up because the children were no longer patient and I was not offered another solution, mentioning that I will refer Rovia about this.
Moreover, these things were brought to my knowledge in English, but I was forced to sign the documents in Italian, which was unhappy with me again. I was told that my English version would be communicated on mail, after signing and processing the documents.
Attach the documents received by mail after signing the contract in Italian language.

Please note that due to these constraints I have come to pay more for the change of reservation I point out that I did not want it than for the actual rental of the car. I was forced to pay 465.39 EUR instead of 188.94 USD to be able to rent the car.
The culmination is that after receiving the mail and the English version of the contract, I found that this up greading was "optional" and not compulsory.
As a Rovia customer I was treated under any criticism and I think you need to know this.
2. Unfortunately, the room reservation at Hotel Astoria in Bolognia was also surprising. I booked it at 31 August 2017 for one night (10-11 September 2017).
24 hours before my check-in at the Astoria Hotel, I checked if everything was in order, I was answered in the affirmative. I was glad that this time things will go well.
But, at the hotel I was informed that the apartment where I was going to stay is 500 m away from the hotel where I can walk and I was offered a map, to apartment 116, Via Galliera Bologna, not Via Fratelli Roselli
as it was written in the reservation.
So, I was advised to unload the luggage, park at the hotel's garage for a fee, and walk with the luggage, my wife and the two children, following the instructions on the map. I wondered if I can park in the designated place for accommodation but I was told there is no parking place and this is the only solution. I mentioned that it is difficult to walk with luggage and children and that I will leave early in the morning (at 6.00 to the airport to return home) but they said they had no other solution.
Surprises have not ended here!
I went out for a night walk through town and returning to the apartment where I was staying in an apartment building where there was no Astoria Hotel logo, I noticed I no longer have electricity.
I called the hotel, I was kindly told to send someone. Within an hour, there really came a person named from the Hotel, who announced that he did not know what happened, because the whole area was taken the current and it works, it does not know how long it will take.
So we slept "quietly" and woke up in the morning at 5.15 in the dark, we still had no current in the room, we washed and dressed with the children in the dark (at the light of the mobile phone), took the luggage and children walk 500 m to HOTEL ASTORIA to take your car and go to the airport.
At the Hotel Reception I was aware that the reservation details did not mention these travel details from the Hotel in other accommodation facilities, because if it had been, we would certainly not have made such a reservation.

Your booking confirmation for Hotel(s) - 2113955

View Booking Details
Booked By:
[protected]

Trip Details
Hotel Stay -(PrePaid Rate)

Appartamenti Astoria Check-In:Sep 10 2017
Check-Out:Sep 11 2017 Via Fratelli Rosselli, 14, Bologna, IT, 40121

Room Type:
Studio for 4 people
Room Description:
Free Wireless Internet Rate Type: Prepaid Fare Non-Refundable Fare

Fare: Base Fare: $99.49 USD Taxes : $9.95 USD Fees NA Total Fare: $109.44 USD Pay Now

Resort fee: Please review policies and disclaimer.

POLICIES
O CANCELLATION
o This rate is non-refundable and cannot be changed or cancelled - if you do choose to change or cancel this booking you will not be refunded any of the payment.
O CANCELLATION POLICY
o Penalty of $99.49 if cancelled between 08/31/2017 12:12 PM and 09/11/2017 12:00 AM.
O SPECIALCHECKININSTRUCTIONS
o Check-in for this property is based at a different location, Hotel Astoria, Via Fratella Rosselli 16.
O INCLUSION
o Free Wireless Internet
O PAYMENTTYPEDISPLAYTEXT
o Master Card-This payment will be processed in the United States.
o Visa-This payment will be processed in the United States.
O GENERAL
o Know Before You Go All guests, including children, must be present at check-in and show their government-issued photo ID card or passport. Cash transactions at this property cannot exceed EUR 2999.99, due to national regulations. For further details, please contact the property using information in the booking confirmation. Children 6 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Mandatory Fees and Taxes You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property: A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 1.5 per person, per night. This tax does not apply to children under 14 years of age. We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. A tax is imposed by the city and will be collected at the property. The tax ranges from EUR 1.50 to EUR 5 per person, per night. The amount has been determined by the local administration and depends on the length of stay, property classification, and room price. This tax does not apply from the 6th consecutive night of stay onward. Guests exempted from this tax include residents of Bologna and children under 14 years of age. Please note that further exemptions may apply. For further details, please contact the property using the information contained in the confirmation received after booking.
O PROPERTYINFORMATION
o Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 2 PM Check-out time is 11 AM
O CHECKININSTRUCTIONS
o Know Before You Go All guests, including children, must be present at check-in and show their government-issued photo ID card or passport. Cash transactions at this property cannot exceed EUR 2999.99, due to national regulations. For further details, please contact the property using information in the booking confirmation. Children 6 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Fees The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out. Self parking fee: EUR 12 per day The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change. Mandatory Fees and Taxes You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property: A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 1.5 per person, per night. This tax does not apply to children under 14 years of age. We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. A tax is imposed by the city and will be collected at the property. The tax ranges from EUR 1.50 to EUR 5 per person, per night. The amount has been determined by the local administration and depends on the length of stay, property classification, and room price. This tax does not apply from the 6th consecutive night of stay onward. Guests exempted from this tax include residents of Bologna and children under 14 years of age. Please note that further exemptions may apply. For further details, please contact the property using the information contained in the confirmation received after booking. Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy. Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges. Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
O DISCLAIMER
o For HotelFees - MandatoryTax of 7.14 USD will be collected at the hotel.
o By proceeding with this reservation, you agree to all terms and conditions, which include the Cancellation Policy and all terms and conditions contained in the User Agreement. You agree to pay the cost of your reservation. If you do not pay this debt and it is collected through the use of a collection agency, an attorney, or through other legal proceedings, you agree to pay all reasonable costs or fees, including attorney fees and court costs, incurred in connection with such collection effort.
O CHARGING
o Total amount has been charged by DreamTrips
Disclaimers
Your hotel booking was made via DreamTrips through - hotelscom (Supplier number- [protected]). For all cancellations or changes to the reservation please contact the following: DreamTrips at +[protected]. If you cancel through the hotel outside of your cancellation window (see policies and disclaimers), please call DreamTrips at +[protected] to give your cancellation number. Generally special rate hotels are either fully non-refundable or charge some other fee for canceling. Please obtain and retain cancellation number from that supplier for your records.
Traveler Traveler Name Vendor Confirmation #
Adult Lucian Boca [protected]

Who Will Charge?
We have passed your credit card details to our supplier. They will charge the card at the time of booking.

Payment Details
Payment Method Credit Card: ****-****-****-8478 (MasterCard)

Additional Information
Your order is subject to DreamTrips's terms and conditions

For any questions or help with your order please call our 24/7 customer support number: +[protected]. Please have your DreamTrips Trip ID ready (2113955).

The information contained in this email, including any attachments, may be confidential and subject to copyright. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete this message from your system. Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of email transmission.
Sent by Rovia Holdings, LLC on behalf of its affiliates and/or subsidiaries, as follows:
Rovia, LLC, 5100 Tennyson Pkwy, Plano, TX 75024, Entity No. E0353902008-6 [CA SOT #[protected], FL SOT #ST37441, HI SOT #TAR6636, WA SOT #[protected], IA SOT #934]; Rovia Pte. Limited, 38 Beach Road, #29-11 South Beach Tower, Singapore 189767, Registration No. 201216388Z [Travel Licence No. 02572]; Rovia Australia Pty Ltd, Level 34, AMP Tower, 50 Bridge St, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia, ABN [protected]

Even if special conditions confirmation of the reservation, it is mentioned that the accommodation may differ from the hotel address, you can not see it at the moment of booking, it does not specify the distance, it is not mentioned that there is no parking place, it is not available transport from the hotel to the accommodation.

I'm attaching your map to see how comfortable we felt and how far we went with luggage and 3-year-olds and 12-year-olds.

When I became a World Ventures customer and implicitly, a consumer of ROVIA services, I wanted to promote this concept, so I paid the franchise fee.

After everything that happened to me, I wonder how could I recommend someone with these services?

Best regards,
Lucian Boca

• Updated by NO LIMIT, Sep 20, 2017

It was my first bad experience for travel

Sep 20, 2017