Avis Rent A Car / Over Charge
I reserved a Avis rental car through CarRentals.com. The reservation was for 2 days @ $25.99/day. When I arrived the pickup location, Avis representative over the counter offered me an upgrade from a compact to a median size car for a “couple of more bucks” (quoted his word). I assumed he meant $2 more than the $25.99 in the reservation. I agreed. I also explained to him that my credit card covered the insurance and I did not need extra insurance. He completed the paper work and handled to me said, “sign here, initiate here. I trusted his word and did not go through rental agreement line by line before signing. I was shocked to find out the rate actually went up from $25.99 a day to $42.99 a day. That is not a couple of bucks more! The insurance was also added without my consent. My credit card was charged by $160, 100 more than in my reservation.
More Avis Rent A Car Complaints & Reviews
- Avis Frankfurt Airport - Avis Frankfurt airport: unauthorized charges to credit card 
- Avis Car Rental France - improper charges
- Avis Car Rental - Outrageous debit on car scratch 
- Avis - insurance fraud, hail damage 
- Avis Rent A Car System, Llc - Because of poor customer service, I am now out an expensive pair of glasses! 
- Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group - I forgot my super charger phone charger
- Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group - car rental south africa
- Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group - avis car rental etolls - you will be charged regardless if you pay!
- Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group - car rental
- Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group - rental van in munich, germany