Avis Rent A Car / lost and found / complaints process

Portland, CT, United States

On a recent business trip I rented an Avis vehicle as I have been doing loyally for the past 4 years. After returning the vehicle the Avis PDX in Portland I boarded the plane to return home only to realise I had left my sunglasses in the centre console between the two front seats. I called Avis on Sunday the 13th of November and had to leave a message on their answering service as nobody was working in the lost and found department that day and they would only be in on Tuesday the 15th. I called again on Tuesday as I hadn't received a return call and was told they had put a stop own the vehicle and it would be checked at some point over the next few days. After hearing nothing again I called back on Thursday the 17th only to get the answering service again! On Friday I called again as unbelievably no one had bothered to return my call and spoke with a lady in the lost and found department. She was unable to explain why, after an entire week, no one had checked the car even after I gave her the registration, rental agreement number and they had put a stop on the vehicle so they knew exactly where the car was parked.

At this point I asked to speak to a manager who was extremely grumpy to say the least, he also went on to say they couldn't tell me when the car would be checked and proceeded to hang up on me! I called back and requested to lodge of formal complaint and he put down the phone again!! I finally managed to register the item on lost and found through the international call centre who email me daily to say the item has not been found... talk about rubbing salt in the wound. Avis Lost and Found department should be renamed Avis "if it turns up we might contact you" department had the agreement number, had the registration, knew where the item was left, knew where the car was parked and put a hold on it and are now telling me they can't find the item. I am utterly appalled and disgusted by the way I have been treated and the lack of formal platform to feedback this childlike behaviour. You will not be receiving any further business from me and would strongly recommend no one else use #Avis #Avisrentacar in the future. The staff are lazy, disinterested and unhelpful. Absolute disgrace!

Se