Avis / insurance fraud, hail damage
I returned your Nissan rental car, on July 1st 2010, in perfect condition with a full tank of gas and I verified full levels of oil and critical fluids. I properly returned your cars keys and completed your exiting paper work with your agent that same day. Then to my astonishment, 9 days later, I received a phone call not from you but from a third party representative named Emmale Koyle, from Purco Fleet Services, telling me there is $1, 200 worth of "HAIL" damage that all of a sudden appeared on your Nissan rental vehicle. I can't help in finding these claims to be highly suspicious and deceitful.
If this "HAIL" incident is TRULY my responsibility I will honor fixing that vehicle, but first there are troubling concerns about your motives, methods, perceptions and Budgets policies. I expect any prudent and reasonable persons or business, with integrity, to answer these legitimate concerns before I pay this bill:
1- Why was this alleged damage not reported on my exiting paperwork when I checked out that day?
2- Why did you or a representative from Budget not immediately call me about this incident? Why did you or a representative from Budget not call me at all? (All calls confirmed by cell phone records). Why have you not responded to my emails?
3- Why are you using a third party to act as a non-eyewitness and liaison to this event when you were the one who initiated these proceedings? Why do you, a professional representative of Budget, deny conversation of help and direction?
4- Why do you withhold the name of the person or persons who "inspected" this vehicle? Therefore, what questionable qualifications and experiences are you hiding for these vehicle "inspectors"?
5- If this incident is truly my fault, why was I not allowed an opportunity to fix it?
6- In our initial phone conversation, July 12th, 2010, you mentioned there had been HAIL storms in South Dakota for the past 6 weeks. If this is true, Budget must have a fleet of "HAIL" damaged vehicles sitting at the Rapid City Airport car rental, non-covered, parking lot. Doesn't Budget carry vehicle insurance for these unforeseen circumstances or does Budget still assign arbitrary damage claims to innocent customers?
7- How many car rental contracts, of the Nissan in question, were issued after my exiting paper work to the vehicle repair shop?
8- Why has it taken 10 days, after my request on July 11th, for Purco Fleet Services to fabricate these damage and documentation papers?
More Avis Complaints & Reviews
- Avis Frankfurt Airport - Avis Frankfurt airport: unauthorized charges to credit card 
- Avis Car Rental France - improper charges
- Avis Car Rental - Outrageous debit on car scratch 
- Avis Rent A Car System, Llc - Because of poor customer service, I am now out an expensive pair of glasses! 
- Avis - Extend Car Rental 
- Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group - I forgot my super charger phone charger
- Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group - car rental south africa
- Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group - avis car rental etolls - you will be charged regardless if you pay!
- Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group - car rental
- Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group - rental van in munich, germany