Avis Budget Car Rental / unauthorized credit card charges/misrepresentation

United States Review updated:

Budget Rental Agreement No. [protected]

I rented a midsize car through Priceline for transportation while in Lansing, Michigan for 7/6, 7/7 and 7/8. I picked up the car on 7/6 and was given a compact car instead of a midsize car. Since I'm over 6 feet tall, the compact car was uncomfortable to drive so I used it very little. I only drove a total of 34 miles. Before returning the car on 7/8, I filled it up with gas. The cost was $5.00. At drop-off, I provided the clerk with the gas receipt and confirmed that there would be no charges made to my credit card.

Nonetheless, on 7/11 I saw a $16.32 charge from Budget on my credit card. I immediately called the local Lansing Budget office and was told that the charge was for gas. I explained that I had filled the car up with gas before dropping it off and gave the clerk the receipt. I was assured the problem would be fixed and my account credited the $16.32 charge. I waited until 7/17 for the credit but it did not happen. So, I called the local Lansing Budget office again and explained the situation. I was told that the "Boss" had some personal issues and was not able to approve the credit, but that they would now take care of it and process the credit.

Again, nothing was done. That's why I'm making this complaint. First, the fraudulent charge and then the false representation that the issue would be resolved. At this time, I 'm requesting payment of $16.32. This could change, however, if I have to spend additional time and effort dealing with the situation.

Please give this matter immediate attention.

Ke
Jul 24, 2017

Comments

• Mt
      Jul 24, 2017

The exact same thing happened to me. Only for several hundred dollars. Disputing it with my bank helps when you have proof that they said they would correct it. Avis is very bad.