Averatec / Stay away from this company!

Averatec sold me a lightweight laptop with a defective hard drive. When I called Averatec's tech support, I was told to ship the laptop to Averatec's repair facility at my expense. The representative told me to express it overnight so I could have my unit back in 7-10 working days. Two months have gone by and Averatec still has not returned my laptop. It's so-called customer service representatives inform that the part has not arrived from China and that I will just have to wait until it gets here. One rep told me I should purchase another laptop as a backup!

To double my efforts, I have sent emails to Averatec support. However, one email was deleted without being read (as evidenced by the Outlook Receipt Function), and other emails have gone ignored. I cannot believe this company can get away with treating people like this!

I hope your readers will see this email before purchasing from Averatec.

Ken Kilpatrick

Comments

• Vo
      16th of May, 2009
    Averatec - LAPTOP DEAD AFTER 2 YRS
    Jacksonville
    Florida

Bought a "cute" laptop in July 06 as a graduation present for my daughter. It's a 3300 series laptop. It was missing its 5-in-1 card reader at first and I called the tech support. Guess what? They wanted me to fax a copy of the receipt to them. Well, were 5, 000 miles away from home, on travel. Didn't get any help from them. I figured it out myself. Two years later, the computer crapped out. Dead. Looks like the hard drive quit. Paid $800 for it, so it's $400 per year for this piece of crap laptop with a crappy tech support. DON'T BUY ANY OF THEIR COMPUTERS! They are nothing but substandard craps!

• Bi
      17th of May, 2009

A copy of the reciept was wanted as a proof of purchase, smarty. They won't just blindly mail products out to whomever claims buying their crap. Why you didn't a) contact the place you purchased the laptop from, or b) fax the receipt when you got back is beyond me.