avelo mortgage / failure to pay ptoperty tax

1 Belton, MO, United States Review updated:
Phone: 8163490940

Avelo mortgage failed to pay my property taxes, when I called them to ask my taxes were already very late. They immediately paid them, and then raised my "fixed rate" monthly mortgage payment. At the time of my refinance the taxes were already calculated in, so why would they increase my payment? Now I can hardly afford my payments and have been late, and my credit is being effected-all because they messed up. This is very frustrating, and I am not sure if there is anything I can do to help my situation.

Re

Comments

• Tr
      26th of May, 2008

I dont think you are telling the truth. I think you are just like other people that refinance got cash out and spent that money now you are broke. I bet you anything that you dont have a fix rate mortgage. so next time you try to lie about a company read your documents that you sign when you closed on the refinance. thank you have a good day!!!

• Re
      17th of Jun, 2008

20th of Aug, 2008

I agree. I do believe you have a fixed rate, but you need to realize that your payment is made up of PITI (Payment, Interest, Taxes & Insurance). Any time one of these varibles change, your payment can change. Given your loan is fixed, the first to should always remain the same. The tricky part of the taxes and insurance is that if they are collecting too little, they will pay the difference and add it to your payment for the next year. This is actually a good thing as you are using their money for a year interest free. There are many laws and regulations surrounding lending, I am sure a company the size of this are following them. (no I do not work there)

I am, however, tired of adults entering into major financial agreements without understanding what they are getting. It is up to the borrower to understand what they are signing, not knowing is no excuse. Read the documents, ask for help if necessary, just quit complaining about not knowing the rules.

• Mi
      14th of Nov, 2008

I HAD A PAYMENT PLAN WITH AVELO, I PUT A LOT OF MONEY DOWN AND PAYED ON TIME. NEXT THING I KNOW. THEY SOLD MY MORTGAGE AND NEVER SENT MY PAYMENT PLAN TO THE NEW COMPANY AND NOW THE NEW COMPANY IS SAYING I AM 8 MONTHS BEHIND AND MY HOME IS ABOUT TO BE SOLD AND THEY HAVE NO RECORD OF MY PAYMENT PLAN OR MY MONEY. I FAXED THEM ALL WESTERN UNION RECEIPTS AND STILL NO CALL BACK.

• Ye
      24th of Oct, 2009

People saying 'pay your mortgage on time, ' don't you realize we know you're plants from the mortgage company? Avelo is one of a bunch of shady lenders involved in scamming people out of their homes to cover risky Wall Street investments. I hope you feel the fire burning your backsides, predatory lenders, 'cause you're going to hell!