Avast / Fraud
I was downloading Avast and thought I was downloading from Avast and getting three years of protection, The next day, I see a pending charge on account for software hq int he amount of $70.80 which was much more than the amount I agreed to.
My financial institution requires me to attempt to get the charge reversed, There is no phone number listed in directory assistance or the toll free directory. I have not been able to reach the website because my antivirus software considers the site to be malware.
I did notice that Avast did post a fraud notice on their website naming a number of websites including software hq. I am hoping that this proof will get the charges reversed. At this stage, I have to wait for the charge to move from peding to an actual charge and then pursue it as a fraud claim. What this means is that I will have to close my debit MasterCard account and wait up to 14 days for a new card during which time I will either need to write checks or carry cash. (Does anyone still do that?) I guess that anything I do in the future will be through PayPal or some other more secure method that does not expose me to fraud. I have now seen many complaints and know that Software HQ is doing this to MANY folks for many kinds of software. WHY AREN'R THEY BEING PURSUED FOR WIRE FRAUD? CERTAINLY THEY ARE MISREPRESENTING THINGS, ISN'T THAT FRAUD? iSN'T THAT WIRE FRAUD
WHY AREN'T THEY BEING PURSUED.!!!
More Avast Complaints & Reviews
- Dri* Avast Software Orderfind.com - Avast 2yr subscription not delivered 
- Dri Avast Software - Refund 
- Dri*www. Avast.com - Did not order, yet billed $149.50 
- Dri*www. Avast.com Element5. Info MN - Billed twice for same thing 
- Dri*www. Avast.com Element5. Info - Credit card charges 
- Avast Software - driver update software 
- Avast Software - antivirus
- Avast Software - avast antivirus. i've no, idea which version but it updates itself anyway.
- [Resolved] Avast Software - clever bridge
- [Resolved] Avast Software - dri avast software