Avanti WC3201D Wine Cooler / Lack of consumer support

P. O. Box 520604
Phone: (800)200-5570
Avanti Products, A Division of the Mackle Co., Inc.
P.O. Box 520604 - Miami, Florida 33152

Avanti Products
10880 NW 30th Street
Miami, FL 33172

Wine refrigerator is less than 2 years old. Called service and support 800 number. Absolutely no help at all. Told to look in the yellow pages to find a repair technician and call them. Refrigerator quit cooling a few weeks ago and service repair technician could not check freon. Stated is extremely rare that freon leaks and shows oily substance. Compressor seems to be running and fan blower is operational. As a sealed unit, nothing he could do.

What a piece of junk. I'll ever buy a Avanti product again.

A  17th of Feb, 2010 by
Same model the avanti wc3201d, the same problem on finding a technician. The same problem can not put freon in and questioned the design with the cheap plastic in the back that holds the freon. Called Beverage Factory where I purchased the unit and told them of the problem and that freon had leaked out and that it could not be repaired. I also stated that freon could be damaging to your health and she stated it would not harm you. And yes, Unsatisfied Avanti Appliance Customer, you are correct "what a piece of junk". So, Mr. Frank Mackle III are you going to stand by your company and the products you make, or are you going to ignore them!
A  21st of Apr, 2011 by
Same problem. I called Customer "Support". What a joke! Told to look online for local repair shop! Called all three numbers they provided and none of the service Avanti wine coolers. I asked the rep where they were located. She said Avanti is based out of Miami!...and I can't even get support in Fort Lauderdale. No one services their wine coolers. And get this, the customer service agent said they could service it if it was still under warranty!!! ...and I can't use that technician! I'm on my own! THE WORST PRODUCT SUPPORT I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED. If I ran my businesses like this...I would be OUT OF BUSINESS! Expect the same from AVANTI. FAIR WARNING!!!