Avante of Waynesboro / Unauthorized / Fraudulent Billing

1 1221 Rosser Ave.Waynesboro, VA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 540 949-7191

I am filing this complaint on behalf of my mother who is 94 years old. Avante is sending a third party, my mother, unauthorized bills for providing my sister nursing care. My sister is 71 years old & a new resident of Avante of Waynesboro. My mother has never authorized Avante to send any bills and has actually sent Avante a letter 6 weeks ago to stop contacting her. Today Avante sent my mother, the third party, a bill for $8576 for my sister's care. Avante is using harassment and aggressive behavior towards an elderly family member to pay bills for which she has no responsibility. The bill is fraudulent because Avante has no authority to bill my mother. Avante is harassing an elderly woman; my mother is in bed sick and crying. My sister who is in the nursing home is still getting her monthly social security checks and paying rent on an apartment. My sister is also mentally deranged, delusional, etc. If she had told Avante to invoice Bill Gates, would they? Where is the honest, moral obligation of corporations these days to act responsibily and treat family members with respect - especially 94 year old family members? Someone at Avante should check consumer protection laws concerning billing third parties without authorization.

Comments

• Ln
      12th of May, 2009

Did your mother sign your sister into the nursing home? If she signed the admission contract, then that is what gave them authorization to bill her and they will continue to do so and will take her to court even and issue a warrant in debt, judgement, etc in an attempt to collect the debt. If your sister is in a nursing home, her SS checks should be going to the facility, not to an apartment she will never return to. This isn't about "honest, moral, obligations"- healthcare isn't free.

• Sf
      11th of Dec, 2013

Promised full bred Siamese, with registration papers, micro chipped and spayed. Received cat and took to our vet, Kitten not full bred Siamese according to vet, not chipped or spayed. Cat had fleas and weighed less than 2 lbs.

• Ki
      12th of Jan, 2014

Regarding your complaint about Avante Siamese of Virginia, please see the attached documentation which proves an obvious lack of animal care, that in fact constitutes animal neglect. It is important that customers looking for kittens understand that this hobby cattery is run in an unethical and inhumane manner which negatively impacts innocent animals. Such treatment of animals is terrible and should be not be allowed. Additionally, Animal Control of Spotsylvania is also involved and has more extensive knowledge regarding these recent allegations. So sorry your experience also reflects this situation.

• Ki
      26th of Jan, 2014

This says it all, really... Felony charges, misdemeanor charges against animals...

• Pe
      1st of Feb, 2014

Heather from Avante Cattery is very crooked she has token money from me to ship a seal point Siamese named Lefty on Jan. 8th and still hasn't, she promised to refund the money by the 1st of Feb. and hasn't. I feel she gives breeders a bad name. She has lied and lied and changed her story about 50 times... I hope everyone stays away from this breeder... I have all the emails and contract so if anyone would like to see it please feel free to message me.

• Si
      4th of Feb, 2014

I would like to address Kittkat ( anonymous person) I ask that you identify yourself, as you feel compelled to post information, which well.. Really manifested to nothing, as I charges were dropped or Nolle Prosse, due to evidence. What are you gaining from literally trying to post everywhere a mug shot from a charge I WAS NOT CONVICTED OF, or of tickets without the verdict?

Let me start out here, why do you hide? With a location in which you do not reside?

On November 24th, 2013 I hired a Tammy Locklear of Spotsylvania to house sit my home, and take care of my pets. On Saturday November 30th, 2013 I receive a phone call to my mobile phone, saying that the door to my home had been broken and was wide open, and that the police went through to do a welfare check on my residence, inside my residence I had 3 adult cats and 9 kittens ( 1 adult and the 9 kittens came from a breeder named Kyle Ross Marble, approximately 2.75 months AFTER I BOUGHT THEM, but were delivered to me on/or about 7 days prior to my Thanksgiving Holiday). As well as my two dogs.

Upon entering my residence ( which door was busted wide off the hinge) they found kittens running throughout my home ( which were in quarantine in my bedroom) and my poor dogs not left out for days, sitting in fecal matter!!! The police asked me why the animals were not being taken care of, and I informed them that I had hired the hand of my neighbor to take care of the animals, with instructions, They issued citations for the care taker Mrs. Tammy Locklear and her husband. I drove back immediately to come back from my Thanksgiving Holiday ( 800 miles away), to find the animals exactly as they spoke, over flowing litters, kittens running all over the place, and my dogs stuck in their crates in filth. Two of the kittens ( 2 of which were purchased from Kyle Marble) were extraordinarily ill with oozing eyes and heavy nasal discharge. I took them to my vet where they deemed them to be very ill, and they were treated with amox and recovered, I however was informed since I was the legal owner of the animals, and even though I was out of town I was to know what condition they were in and was to be responsible as well ( again... while I was 800 Miles away) I however was held responsible for the two sick kittens ( even though I was not made away they were ill by the care taker) and as well for having a crate that was 1/8 inch too short for my toy poodle ( the dog crate was my fault! ) .

While I can say that the defendant Tammy Locklear did clear me and say the animals were in clean sanitary condition when I left, and she was convicted. While this is public information, if you are going to post information... at least have the facts in order, and if you are going to post citations, WHY NOT POST THE CONVICTIONS/OUTCOMES???? Last I checked this was not a site of bash someone, and hide behind a curtain. I believe this is a complaints board, not a ohh I found an outdated mug shot for a charge she wasn't convicted of, or ewww I found a citation in which she was NOT FOUND GUILTY... It is absolute that you have a distinct feeling of being compelled to try to "hurt" me. What ever issues you may have with me, you would have to know me personally... so I employ you to contact me via my email, lets be adults and not falsely accusatory, as we know libel, can have a heavy penalty, and I am prepared to take legal means if necessary!

I can further speculate, that the kittens were already exposed to a virus, prior of coming to my home ( look up Kyle Ross Marble, Kyle Marble, Maryland in google ) and it would not be a far cry from other posts about him, but with the neglect of the caretakers, it is hard to prove, so I take caution to throwing loose accusations.

• Si
      4th of Feb, 2014

sfm257 "Promised full bred Siamese, with registration papers, micro chipped and
    spayed. Received cat and took to our vet, Kitten not full bred Siamese
    according to vet, not chipped or spayed. Cat had fleas and weighed less
    than 2 lbs."

Lets break this down very simply, the nerve of you to even post such nonsense is beyond ghastly, In fact... maybe if you actually paid the $900.00 for the kitten, you would receive those services and paperwork, instead you took a kitten and charged back the full payment price.. AND STILL HAVE THE KITTEN!! THEIVERY!! I must also remind you to very carefully read your contract again!

Your wife picked out the kitten from the choice of 8 other kittens, this kitten is from top USA Bloodlines, recognized world wide ( Permes, Glasslipper, Candi Dasa, Saroko, Puckettspride and Lietgav ) Lines, to claim this kitten was anything but a purebred, please show me your proof, in fact I volunteer to offer a DNA test on the kitten in which you literally stole! Please feel free to contact me, so we may post the finding attached to this very post for ALL TO SEE! Or better yet, return the kitten you NEVER PURCHASED, and still owe payment in FULL!

• Pe
      8th of Feb, 2014

Heather what about the money you took from me for shipping and you never refunded me, you seem to point fingers to justify the c*** you have done... You need to refund my money since after all you never used my money that was sent to you for shipping...

• Sf
      12th of Feb, 2014

You betcha, We have tried numerous times to contact you. Messages left on your cell phone, with out a return call. You promised to send the papers, but did not... Vet will testify as to pedigree and age of cat when the time comes. I contacted my credit card company to reverse the charges as we did not get what you promised and you agreed to. Cat not chipped, spayed and too young to take away from it's mother. Look forward to seeing you in court. In fact, you sent only two pictures of two kittens. It is highly doubtful that the picture you sent was actually the kitten.

• Co
      19th of Feb, 2014

I was very disappointed with the service provided by Avante Siamese. We paid for the kitten in full and finally received him a couple months ago without any papers. He had fleas, Giardia, a major upper respiratory infection (that is recurring), and none of the procedures promised (neutered, microchipped, vaccinated) were performed. Heather subsequently did not respond to my emails and disconnected her phone. Trying to explain this situation to the veterinarian was very embarrassing. We adore our little kitten, but have since paid another $1, 000 in unnecessary veterinarian bills! I wish I had seen these complaints before because we did not receive professional service from Avante Siamese and will definitely do our homework next time.

5th of Feb, 2015

We gave Heather of Avante kittens $1000 for a male Siamese chocolate point kitten. Heather sent us e-mails, and we talked via the phone. She strung us along for a year, telling us no chocolate males were born in any of the litters. Then she told us there was one and he would be ready soon. Then when the time came that he should have been ready she stopped answering her phone and took down her website. At one point she e-mailed us and told us to put a dispute in with PayPal and she wouldn't dispute it, BUT since she had strung us along for a year, PayPal refused. (They only allow you to do that in the first 45 days). So she never answered the phone or e-mail again and kept our $1000. Kitten was meant to me an anniversary gift. Hope us telling this helps someone else not to be taken advantage of.
    Jason & Laurel Luongo