Avant Garde LLC / Unauthorized charges

1 Woodland Park, CO, United States Review updated:
Phone: 719-387-7249

Unauthorized withdrawals were made against my personal checking account in the amount of $4.99. I was unaware of the charges until I received my February 2009 statement. This is not the first time this has happened from this company.

Cy

Comments

• Ro
      4th of Mar, 2009

Same thing happened to me. Anyone know how to reach this company or how to report them? Listed number on the charge is a non-working number.

18th of Mar, 2009

Yesterday I got my B of A Visa statement and there was a charge in the amount of $6.99 from Avante Garde LLC. Even though it's a small amount and may have gone unnoticed by someone who has many charges on their monthly statements, I noticed it because this is not the first time that a small item has been charged to that account, (which I haven't used for a long time). I am thinking that this is not the only company running this scam. My advice to everyone is PAY ATTENTION!

• Jj
      25th of Mar, 2009

They did it to me here in CA just this month, set up a re-occurring $4.99 charge on my master card, good thing I keep a good eye on it on line. Master card has been advised and is looking into this. I hope Master card and B of A will forward what they find to their respective State Attorney generals offices to locate and prosecute this or these persons for multiple counts of criminal fraud. It would be nice to see what these cons can try to buy in Federal Prison for $4.99, since they have crossed State lines to set this, a Federal beef as well.

31st of Mar, 2009

3/31/09

My checking acct. was charged $6.99 on 3/23/09 from this phantom co. I'm calling my bank to despute it right now.

Chris
    Albany NY

• Ti
      8th of Apr, 2009

Same here!!!
    Someone needs to come forward and do something about this!!!
    It's scary that someone can get away with this and what if the amount becomes even more!!!

Tina
    El Dorado, AR.

• 2c
      27th of Apr, 2009

I got a response from the vendor, via the Colorado BBB...

Contact information: http://www.avantg.org/
    (424) 785-1586
    or email to support@avantg.org

Will wait to see what happens after my response to their post.

• Ca
      14th of Jul, 2009

I also was charged $4.99 on my card by this company. First I called the phone number on my statement. Then I sent them an email to the address listed in the recording at the phone number. I received no response. So then I filed a complaint with the local BBB (they are not members, but they are accepting complaints for this company. http://www.southerncolorado.bbb.org
    Within days, I received an email back from Avant Garde. I never gave them my full name, just last name first initial. I never gave any credit card information or address information, but somehow, mysteriously, when I threatened legal action and told them I was filing a complaint with the FTC, I received a "refund" on my card within 5 days! I still filed a report with my bank, local sheriff's offce and the FTC just to cover my bases, but at least I got my money back! Good luck