AvanQuest.com / Unauthorized charges
Product: 'Babylon 7' purchased as software download with activation code and guaranteed money back
1. Activation code did not work.
2. Avanquest.com's internal tech support state 'we do NOT support the Babylon7 product internally.'
3. External product manufacturer does NOT respond to tech support for failed activation code.
4. Request for refund from Avanquest.com is almost impossible to do because there is the telephone option for refunds transfers you to internal tech support which already said they do not support the product;
5. Avanquest toll free numbers [protected] and [protected] do not have an option to speak to a refund agent (see problem #4 above) as you get put into a perpetual customer-no-service loop dead-end.
6. Each customer service rep falsely claimed to the quote: 'the supervisor.'
7. Each customer service rep falsely claimed that their email server was down therefore they could NOT send an email to me stating their intention to refund our $57.85; although they could and send a copy of my original receipt which proves that they lied.
8. They did not issue a refund tracking ticket number but instead told me to use the product purchase code on the original receipt. This process DOES NOT provide me with proof that I spoke to them about this particular refund, it only serves as proof that I already bought the product.
9. I contacted customer service last week (about April 11 2009) a lady gave us the run-around, telling us to contact customer service because quote 'we support this product in-house.' I told her I had already spoken to their 'in-house' tech support and they had advised me that quote 'we do NOT support this product in-house, contact the manufacturer' and the manufacturer did NOT respond to our emails. The lady promised to refund the $57.85 and we secure-deleted the 'Babylon7' product off of our computer. Avanquest NEVER posted the refund to our bank account.
10. When I contacted Customer Service Sales about my promised refund again on April 20, 2009 Lee said he himself is the supervisor and pretended to transfer me to 'second level support' (gave me the direct dial number first) but they dumped my call and cut me off.
11. When I contacted 'second level support' directly at [protected] they repeated the same lies the first level support told, including: (a) Scott who answered my call claimed to be 'the supervisor' and said his boss 'is not at work yet;' (b) said their email server is down; (c) promised to email me a statement that they would refund my money BUT NEVER DID send the email and NEVER gave the refund.
12. In summary, we bought a software download called 'Babylon 7' translation software with activation code. Avanquest.com guarantees their products or money back. The activation code provided to us by Avanquest.com does NOT work. Avanquest internal tech support does NOT support 'Babylon 7' but when you ask for a refund due to failure of activation code, they tell you that you must speak to tech support which then says then do NOT support 'Babylon 7' and refer you to the manufacturer who does NOT respond to emails nor to their contact form for tech support. Avanquest sales reps lie about their names, status, email server, and anything else you ask them and refuse to provide problem tracking ticket numbers and refund ticket numbers. They promise money back guarantees which they do NOT honor. Do NOT do business with Avanquest.com nor Avanquestusa.com.