AvalonBay Tinton Falls, NJ / Rental Properties

1 Tinton Falls, NJ, United States Review updated:

I've been living here for 10 months now and it has been one problem after another. The fire alarm is faulty and can go off at 12:30 am and then again at 3:30 am. Toilet and shower overflow everyday with soupy water and debris (lord knows what it is). They won't fix it and actually told me that it was normal. Electrical problems. Already has a big crack in the ceiling. DO NOT RENT FROM THIS PLACE! I REPEAT DO NOT RENT FROM THIS PLACE!!!

I've been renting an apartment at Avalon Tinton Falls, NJ for 10 months now. Ever since we moved we've had a problem with our toilet bubbling, it overflows of soupy dirty water everyday. Have had the maintenance out here 16 times and it still is not fixed. The plumber they brought said that it was in fact normal. It is now coming up in our shower. We cannot use the bathroom. This plumbing problem is major health issue.

The fire alarm is faulty. It's not just a smoke alarm it is a fire alarm in all the apartments. It will go for no reason at 12:30 am and again 3:30 am. My Mom has a heart problem and I fear her having a heart attack due to this faulty fire alarm.

When we signed the lease they did not inform us that is was actually a 13 month lease, and for some reason, it's really 14 months. I didn't even know there were other leases out there that is other than 12 months. I've heard of 6 month but nothing over 12.

DO NOT RENT FROM THIS PLACE! I REPEAT DO NOT RENT FROM THIS PLACE!!!

Tu

Comments

• Je
      21st of Jun, 2009

It helps to review any document that you are about to sign!

• Tu
      21st of Jun, 2009

Yes, indeed!

25th of May, 2011

AvalonBay Communities Inc. is the worst! I finally tired of problem after problem with my expensive apartment in Los Angeles, CA. So I documented the many issues, such as the lack of hot water and sewage spills left sitting in large pools.

AvalonBay Communities Inc. refused to let me end my lease early and refused to refund any lease payments. To add insult to injury, they want additional money and have sent my account to collections.

Just unbelievable, they didn't provide the service I have already paid them for and they want more money?! Are they insane? If you pay to have the oil changed in your car and the garage screws up and your engine blows up as a result, they owe you a new engine, not you owe them more money! Fed up and getting a lawyer.