Autumn Ridge Nursery / Autumn Ridge Nursery IS A SCAM!!! BE AWARE!!!

1 Caller Box 750-Dept PLMcMinnville, TN, United States Review updated:
Phone: (931) 474-3386

I ordered 29 roses from Autumn Ridge Nursery on April 17th 2008. They were small and in bad conditon, but I thought once planted will come back to life.

Only 4 of them did and are a pitty to look at. They are diseased, with extremelly small leaves and buds (if any). 3 roses have bloomed and they are white!!! I DID NOT ORDER ANY WHITE ROSES FROM THEM!

In July 2008 I contacted them twice by email asking for a full refund. I got no response from them so I filled a complain with BBB.

This 'company' is a FRAUD!!! DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!

Here is what BBB has on file for this nursery:
[HYPERLINK@data.middletennessee.bbb.org]

Principal Officer
Ms. Melinda Womack is the Owner / Manager of the company.

Customer Service Contact
Ms. Melinda Womack is the complaint contact person for this company and should be contacted at [protected] before filing a complaint with the BBB.

Nature Of Business
According to information supplied by the company, it offer the mail order sale of plants and shrubs.

Customer Experience
Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record BBB Definition:

unsatisfactory record - A company has an "unsatisfactory business performance record" with the BBB is based on the experiences reflected in BBB files. This file condition results when the company has failed to resolve or respond to complaints, repeatedly failed to respond or resolve issues in a timely manner, failed to resolve the underlying issues for a pattern BBB Definition:

pattern - More than 2 complaints involving the same allegations usually within 12 months that are significant in relation to the company's size and volume of business.
of complaints, failed to honor their commitment to mediate or arbitrate disputes or honor mediated agreements or arbitrated decisions, failed to substantiate, modify or discontinue false advertising claims BBB Definition:

advertising claims - The BBB reviews business advertising, (newspaper, magazine, TV, radio, internet) routinely to ensure that it is truthful and ethical. Claims in advertising are measured against basic advertising principles of the BBB Code of Advertising which was developed to guide advertisers, advertising agencies and advertising media.
that are challenged by the BBB, or failed to discontinue unauthorized use of the BBB name and logo, a Federally protected trademark.
with the BBB due to a pattern BBB Definition:

of complaints and has failed to correct the underlying reason for the complaints.

Specifically, this company has received a pattern BBB Definition:

of complaint alleging consumers paid for live trees and plants; however when the merchandise arrived they are not as advertised. Consumers describe the items as dry, dead sticks. In addition, complaints indicate delivery took longer than promised or items were never delivered.

In March 2007, BBB contacted Autumn Ridge Nursery in an effort to assist the company in eliminating the pattern BBB Definition:

of complaint received. The company indicated its willingness to work with the Bureau in resolving complaints and eliminate the pattern BBB Definition:

Since March 2007, BBB has monitor the company's efforts; however, the complaint volume and pattern BBB Definition:

has not decreased.

On May 29, 2008 BBB sent certified correspondence to Autumn Ridge seeking their voluntary cooperation in issuing complete refunds by June 6, 2008 to all consumers whose complaint was either pending and unanswered in BBB files.

On June 9, 2008 BBB received a response from Autumn Ridge indicating refunds would be issued by June 10.

BBB will continue to monitor this company's business performance in regards to the pattern BBB Definition:

and volume of complaint received.

When considering complaint information, please take into account the company's size and volume of transactions, and understand that the nature of complaints and a firm's responses to them are often more important than the number of complaints.

The BBB processed a total of 173 complaints about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total of 173 complaints closed in 36 months, 126 were closed in the last year.

Comments

• Pa
      21st of Aug, 2008

I agree. Autumn Ridge Nursery has a money back guarantee that they don't honor. They sent me a mess in the mail and when I returned it they refused to refund the purchase. They told me they would but instead they recharged my credit card and sent me the same roses and bushes as twigs. They all died and I lost $75.00 They have horrible customer service people that never ever follow through and they lie. PLEASE PLEASE DON'T PURCHASE FROM THEM! YOU WILL BE DISAPPOINTED FOR SURE!

• Ta
      23rd of Sep, 2008

I also had a horrible experience and wish I would have checked them out before being dupped out of over $100. The only plants that survived out of the original order were free ones and a rose bush that was not the color ordered. When I contacted them months later in early May I was rudely told that it was too early and to call back at the end of May. Then I was told that they would replace the plants if I dug them up and shipped them back at my own expense - which I did. The second shipment arrived all clearly marked with exactly what I had ordered. What was clearly labeled dianthus (a few varieties were ordered) has come up as plain as hibiscus plants (all exactly the same) that don't even remotely resemble a dianthus. What was clearly labeled as verbena has turned out to be a yellow flower that I haven't identified yet but am quite certain it is not a verbena. This company clearly INTENDS to deceive their customers and you'd be better off giving your money to a charity or throwing it out a window. I will be contacting Consumer Affairs, the BBB, and the FTC.

• Wj
      11th of Nov, 2008
    Autumn Ridge Nursery - ripoff
    Caller Box 750-Dept Pl
    McMinnville
    Tennessee
    Phone: 9314743386

I'm so upset by the orders I purchased from Autumn Ridge Nursery. I ordered fruit tree, all they sent me are dry twigs. I should've done some research before ordering from this company.. it's a scam. I just want to return my orders and get my money back. I called the company and they won't refund my money. Can anyone help me? please help us get the justice we all deserve.