AutoZone / dirty store and lack of service

United States Review updated:

I went to the Autozone store located on Myrtle St New Britain Ct. on Sunday November 6th @1230pm. the store floors wer filthy, but my complaint was lack of service. 3-4 employees waundering around the store- 5 persons in front of me- 5 behind me. staff were drinking a what appeard to be water, slow to respond to cumstomers. when it was my turn to pay for a purchase, the hispanic young man started to wait on 2 cumtomers that just entered the store, forget the long lines!

I spoke up, he gave me a dirty look, I paid for my order the male would not place my items in a bag -it then refused to ASK for bag instead fumbled and carried them out to by car. It took at lease a half hour to make a small purchase which should have been no longer than 5 minutes.The people workng in this store lack manners and should be re-trained on handling people : like wait on them in a timely manner instead of ignoring them.I’m not impressed with this autozone store. I will advise friends to shop elsewhere.

Comments

5th of Dec, 2011

23rd of Jul, 2012

I purchased a car battery from their Watertown store in September 2007, with a 7-yr warrantee. In January 2012 we had to call AAA twice the same day because the car wouldn't start. AAA gave us a printout of the battery test with "bad cell - replace" and "jump start warning" on it. After taking it to the Watertown store and waiting for more than an hour, the person at the store told us the battery was still good. When the battery died again down the street, for the third time, we had no choice but to replace it at Firestone, for $117. My car hasn't had any problem since the battery was replaced. Besides, why would I spend $117 for less than $30 of credit if the battery was still good? We called Autozone customer service about this and was told the Watertown store will contact us. After waiting for months and haven't heard anything back, I emailed them about the problem two weeks ago. The reply was: "we have gladly forwarded your comments to the regional management team in your area for review". So far, nothing happened.