AutoVantage / Illegal charge
There was a $149.99 charge on my July 2007 Juniper statement. It was for AutoVantage membership. I never heard of this company and immediately contacted Juniper to have the charge removed from my account. Three letters later they explained that they couldn't reverse the charges but instead AutoVantage would send me a check for the $149.99 which came in September 2007. They also accused me of accepting a $20.00 Home Depot card, which I had never received. I was furious.
Now I have $82.00 in late fees and penalties. I always pay my credit cards off... this is ridiculous!!! I called Juniper "customer" center and was told that my account is closed because of this $82.00 fee and I had to pay it. Even though they have the letter from Sheri Pinkerton, Dispute Advisor, apologizing for this transaction. Juniper customer service says there is nothing I can do except pay.
Come to find out that AutoVantage is a subsidiary company owned by Barkley/Juniper Banks.
This must be illegal... I know I'm afraid this will mess-up my credit standing and I did nothing wrong. How can Juniper allow this kind of business practice to continue?
More AutoVantage Complaints & Reviews
- AutoVantage - Fraud and scam 
- AutoVantage - Never order this 
- AutoVantage - auto withdrawal, not authorized
- AutoVantage - charged my debit without permission since 2010 
- AutoVantage - Stealing money from unused credit card
- AutoVantage - Car towing
- AutoVantage - Collecting membership,need refund 
- AutoVantage - filed false membership