Autos of Dallas / Auto scam

1 Addison, TX, United States

To be direct I put myself in a situation to where in the end I had to make a quick decision. I had been looking for a month for a specific car through some connections that had access to auto auctions. I had spent the last year rebuilding my credit so I was coming up on the 45th day from my credit being initially run and I had an incredible rate locked in. I did not want my credit rerun. So due to my connections (close friend) not finding the specific car in time I thought I would try ouside source but with my car connections expertise and inside knowledge/access. Autos of Dallas had the exact car I was looking for. My connection ran the VIN # for me so I had all the history and my connect even got me the carfax on it. I found out what Autos of Dallas actually bought it for at auction (they actually paid a little too much) They had only had the car a couple of weeks when I called them up. (they did not know I knew this) Long story short I acted like a regular guy with all the knowledge I had. Gus the salesperson straight up lied about everything. Some may ask why would I purchase the car. Long story short I bought it for $800 over what they got it for at auction which was still a great buy even with them overpaying. Now I also do have a mechanic connection that did check it out, but you all should know that a week after I bought it all the service lights came on and it needed several repairs. To the average person it would have cost $1700. It only cost me $400. I knew what I was getting into, and even with the repairs everything has been under budget. What I do want you to know is that when I asked specific questions to Gus the saleman about the car, car history ect.. he was straight up feeding me a bunch of BS. It took all I could do to keep my mouth shut when he was trying to tell me what they bought it for. For the regular car buyer you would have paid an extra $1500 for the car only to drive off and a week later spend at least another $1500 for repairs. These people are seriously shady.

1l