AutoPortfolio Services / No notification of vehicle loan purchase from Peak 5

Phone: 877-761-3111

I had an auto loan with Peak 5 a division of FlatIron Financial Services and when I called the Co. the voicemail indicated they were no longer in business. I never received a letter or phone call letting me know the change so I could send my payment in a prompt manner. This will delay my payment and could result in a reporting to the Credit Bureaus. I have been paying on my car loan since May, 2004 and haven't had any lates since 2005.

Cynthia Caroline Murphy

Comments

• Ad
      20th of Jul, 2009

I agree with you totally. Peak 5 did not contact me via mail or phone, and I had to find out by calling Peak 5's customer service line when I could not make my normal payment through Moneygram Express. And now, no one from Auto Portfolio Services, Inc. will answer the phone. It just keeps ringing and ringing, or I end up getting a message saying the number has been temporarily disconnected. How am I suppose to make my payments if I can't even get in contact with the loan company who has my account? Peak 5 was a pretty bad business; this one is not looking any better.

• Li
      20th of Jul, 2009

I finally talked to someone last week. I am trying to pay my loan off and they stated I owed 1000.00 more than I do, This new company also doesn't have any records of payments posted after May. Man what a rip off!

• Td
      20th of Jul, 2009

Can someone tell me how to get in touch with these people. Who are they? I need to pay my note and received no notification from Peak% concerning their inpending DOOM as a company (considering how they did business it is not surprising).

• Co
      20th of Jul, 2009

Do these guys even have a website? I hate this cat and mouse crap.

• Co

Auto Portfolio Services, Inc
    P.O Box 4097
    Greenwood Village, CO 80155

Look who I found! http://www.autoportfolioservices.com/page.cfm/ID/33/Contact-Us/

I wasnt comfortable with just having a phone number that Peak5 gave me. I said these guys HAVE to have a website.

Good luck all.

• Ko
      21st of Jul, 2009

I agree - I never received any information regarding the change until I went to pay my note via money gram and was told they cannot except a payment and gave me a number to call. I call the number only to find out a new number with little to no information. I call the number and was told they were the new company that will be handling my loan. They didn't have accurate information regarding my account. I tried to call back and the phone just kept ringing.

• Pt
      22nd of Jul, 2009

I was pissed because I had my car payment automatic withdrawn and when I noticed that my payment had not been withdrawn I started growing concern. I realized some days ago that I missed an 877 toll free call and listen to the message to contact APS. I called and they did have my account but was very limited to giving information. I am truly concerned about this company.

27th of Jul, 2009

Has anyone tried to speak with Auto Portfolio? I tried Saturday and today and no one will answer the phone. I get a recording at 1-877-761-3222 and nothing at 1-877-761-3111. This is getting ridiculous. Please remember to file complaints with the state of Colorado. It seems to be our only chance.

27th of Jul, 2009

I done some digging and it looks like Auto Portfolio Services was just established in June according to Colorado Secretary of States information. Not only were they just established but their registered agent name has changed in the middle of July. Here we go again. If anyone gets anymore information please post.

• M9
      28th of Jul, 2009

I called them today when I found out about Peak 5 (cause they hadn't auto debited my account like normal!)

Luckily someone answered on the phone after the 1st ring. I spoke with a really nice woman who apologized for all the problems & said they were trying to notify people as soon as possible.

The account information she had for me was correct. The payoff balances were within $10 of what I showed them to be (and my math isn't all that great)

I called the 877-761-3111 number around noontime (est).

Hope this helps! And good luck! Looks like we're gonna need it!

28th of Jul, 2009

FYI- some cell phones are not being able to get through to the 1-877-761-3111. I tried my home phone and it went through, within 2 rings someone answered. I didn't know if anyone else had this problem or not. I brought it to the reps attention that helped me.

• Bo
      28th of Jul, 2009

Auto Portfolio Services is a start-up company that took approximately 60% of Peak5's auto loans to service. They have some of the most qualified agents in the Denver area handling your calls and the top executives handling the rest. They have literally been open for only 2 weeks. They do not yet have any option to pay your note other than by mail to PO Box 30108 Salt Lake City, UT 84130 but the check by phone and credit card options will be available in the coming weeks. The correct number to call IS 877-761-3111. This is the Customer Service line. The other number listed above 877-761-3222 is the 800# to the Corporate Offices. They can only transfer you to the other number to reach an agent, so if you call this number, you will have to wait anyway and be transfered. the company IS more than competent to handle your loans. I know the Cat and Mouse game is frustrating, but they are more than willing to help you with anything they can. They cannot help with anything Peak5 related as they are a completely seperate entity...it would be like calling Sears to yell at them about something that happened to you at Walmart.

• Ih
      29th of Jul, 2009

HA HA HA!!! I used to work for Centrix / Flatiron / Peak5. I got laid off in May with a good amount of other people. This company, while it was a good steady job for several years, is AWFUL!!! I just found out that Auto Portfolio Services exists and a lot of the same people from Peak5 are now working there. Their accounting is absolutely horrible. They mis-apply payments A LOT. Then, if they try to fix something, the accounting numbers on the account become so confusing that nobody can understand it. I had to BS my way through so many phone calls with customers just because I didn't understand the jumbled mess their payment history showed.

I thought Peak5 sunk completely. I was kind of surprised to find out today that some poor sap (or spawn of Satan) gave this company yet ANOTHER chance! After filing bankruptcy, multiple ups & downs, layoffs, lawsuits and name changes, Centrix lives on!

I feel very sorry for those of you that have loans with them. And, on a side note, I am somewhat sorry about what a rude ### I was on the phone with some of you. However, you should know those actions were not frowned upon, but slightly encouraged. So many of us would laugh at those of you that we yelled at and belittled with our co-workers as soon as you (the customer) was off the phone. It was fun while it lasted, but I'm glad I've found a different company to work for.

• Up
      30th of Jul, 2009

i have been trying for 3 days to call Auto portfolio services, and every time that i call it just rings and rings and rings, no matter what time of day i call. i want to know where my title to my car is so i can go to a different company that is in good standing and does NOT keep changing their names, and that can give good costumer service.

• Mo
      30th of Jul, 2009

OKAY IM CALLING NOW AND BEEN RINGING FOR 5 MINUTES NOW WITH NO ONE ANSWERING

• Po
      1st of Aug, 2009

On July 30, 2009 I finally found out who to make my car payments to after mailing it originally to Peak5 and having it returned to me. For a whole week after searching who to send it to. I too was not notified who to send my payment to. I finally find out who to send it to and talked to someone on the phone from Auto Portfolio Services and asked why there was not notifications sent out to let anyone know that they were now handling Peak5 accounts I was told that they were in the process of doing that. I am only 4 payments from owning my car but the young lady that I spoke to handed me this story that my contract had expired on May 19, 2009 and that I owed more. First of all I never heard of anything like that and second until I physically see a new contract am not paying anymore money on my account except for what my car payment is on my old statement that I received from Peak5 before they went under.

• Ao
      3rd of Aug, 2009

Okay, I would have to agree with all of you. I called last week to get my payoff amount and they quoted me what I owed, but trying to get a hold of them again to double check, is very hard to do. When I got my car back in 2004, no payments were missed, and I was in good credit, they changed company names one two many times for good business
    I was with Centrix, then Flatiron, and then Peak5, now Auto Portfolio Services. I am just hopeing to get my car paid off so I don't have to deal with this crap again. It would be nice to receive a letter stating that Peak5 is no longer in business and to send payments to the address that one of you guys posted. (is what one lady told me). it just goes to show that maybe this company won't be good also. YIKES!!

• Cr
      3rd of Aug, 2009

Hey I called both numbers today and couldn't get an answer. This is crazy. I also mailed to the address that was given above and it was return to me. Does anyone have an update?

• Cr
      3rd of Aug, 2009

I have called both numbers and mailed to their address with no success. Does anyone have any updates?

• Is
      3rd of Aug, 2009

Finally! Just got a hold of the customer service. I'd say they are pretty good (AutoPorfolioServices). The first thing I gave him is my account from Peak5 and he told me that everything is the same. They have a website. its autoporfolioservices.com. They sent out notices and bill statements last week so you should be getting that in the mail this week. They dont have a credit card payment option yet on their website but they are working on it. They will change your account number from the old one from PEAK5. Good Luck all