AutoPartsWarehouse.com / Wrong parts on 4 out of 6 orders!

Autopartwarehouse.com is the parent site for nearly 100 hundred different auto parts sites on internet all have different looks and feels but tie in to the same company and ordering system. On 4 of the 6 times I have ordered i have gotten the wrong parts. All parts need an RMA to be returned. Getting an RMA is like pulling your own teeth out. You fill out a return form and they tell you to expect an rma in 2-3 business days. Except in ever circumstance you never ever get one. Then you are forced to keep calling, and emailing until they finally give it to you manually. In one case it took me 3 weeks before getting on and nearly 60 days before my card was credited. Additionally you will eat the return shipping and if you want the part swapped out they will charge you again for shipping for their mistake. It is by far one of the worst managed ordering, shipping, and return systems i have encountered.

Comments

• De
      1st of Jun, 2007

Yes, they have different websites for different parts and different make. That company got it's flaws but we can say that they still got clients and customers that purchase all their parts and accessories from them, they can say that they are satisfied that's why they're still coming back to them. As I have read all the reviews pertaining to autopartswarehouse.com, the usual problem was the refund of a defective product. You really have to wait for some time for getting your money back and you have to follow it up. Try another purchase with them. I'll still recommend this company for car parts and accessories.

8th of Jun, 2007

This is a shout out coming from consumers in general...

We are in a landmark era wherein consumer life has never been the same before. I could not say that "buying" became easier but I should say that it has been "openly available" for all. What do I mean by this?

Buying, or should I say "Shopping", has been even more available for all, not in terms of the capability to buy, but in terms of "where" to buy products from. Importing and Exporting (certain) goods has just been a click away due to the birth and proliferation of "E-Commerce" (thanks to the internet of course). When I say "not easy" I mean the existence and prevalence of counterfeiting and fraud are still evident and possibly even worse. This particular scenario is caused by and large by the absence of a regulatory body or if there exist one, can hardly impose rules and sanctions.

We, as consumers, only want the assurance or that feeling that we get the worth out of our money. If, and only if, we are good and able paying customers, there will be no problem for us to spend so long as, and there should be no exemptions, we get back the worth of our money. However, due to unfathomable circumstances, bad things always happen and consumers (sad to say) are the ones who deal with it.

What constitutes a disaster like this. There are two factors: First, vendor resources. Second, vendor policies.

Vendor resources includes human resources or work force and "machineries". Under human resources are those people who, more often than not, is able to interact with potential buyers. On the other hand, machineries include all other man-made equipment that aids the vendor operation. Both of them are very vital for a successful vendor-buyer transaction and both of them are not that easy to "control" or "moderate". When things go wrong on either of the two, it could get pretty messy I tell you.

Also crucial to a successful vendor-buyer transaction are vendor policies. These, actually, are the guidelines that would set the platform for the whole transaction. Composed of policies, guidelines, rules, and disclaimers, vendor policies outlines the role assigned to each one. Sad to say, but in reality, there exists vendor policies that are not "pro" consumer or consumer friendly.

Bottom line is, bad things happens and we all got to deal with it. Whatever industry, whatever company and however big-shot it may be, and whatever product or service we might be buying and paying for, there is always a possibility that there will be something wrong or unwanted. These are the accidents that happen in real life and there is nothing phenomenal or unique about it. What we, consumers and buyers alike, could and should do is to live up to the fact that we are "intelligent" consumers. How? Research and study before buying and NEVER give in to any hearsay until you've tried it yourself.

I'm not here to say whether auto parts warehouse is a quality parts vendor provider or not and I am not here to guarantee you car enthusiasts to buy from this vendor but criticisms only serves it's true purpose so long as it is not done under the light of black propaganda.

Exercise your right and live up to the expectation of being a smart consumer.

• Tr
      9th of Jul, 2007

I too have had the same experience with this company on the one (and only) order I made with them. I called and was treated like I messed up the order when I tried explaining the site is posted incorrectly. They just gave me the run around telling me I had to return the parts or just eat the cost myself. They also say they "100% guarantee" correct parts but it is BS. They do not care about you or what you ordered as long as they have the money they wanted. Thats the feel I got and I called corporate to complain before I finally was credited, never again.

28th of Jul, 2007

WARNING- Impossible to return wrong parts! No one works there that can speak english very well, and I never received email with return authorization number, after 4 tries I was told I cannot return the stuff after 21 days. If this happened to you, DISPUTE THE CHARGES RIGHT AWAY WITH YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY. If they get enough disputes against them maybe they will be forced to take stuff back, that they sent out wrong. Or better yet close them down. Keep fighting them !

PS my local speed shop had the same parts and for less money than these rip-offs, and it was the right part too!

• Ti
      24th of Aug, 2007
    AutoPartsWarehouse.com - Defective product/service refusal

Purchased car cover which proved defective after first use. Company authorized return and promised refund. Later claimed cover was not defective and offered to repair at my cost. I authorized repair and was charged. Cover was returned unrepaired to a former address 800 miles from my home. Company refused to credit repair charge or refund purchase price. Process took four months to conclude with numerous email and two telephone contacts. I regret not having examined Internet-based complaints for this company before ordering. I am out purchase price, return shipping, and repair cost. Numerous others apparently have had similar experiences.

• Pa
      28th of Aug, 2007
    AutoPartsWarehouse.com - Ripped off at autopartswarehouse!

I ordered $84 worth of car parts over the phone with a good salesman who quoted me $40 for shipping to my home address. I was charged the International Rate of $104. I called the shipper, UPS, who told me they paid $31 to ship the package to me.

Many, many phone calls to their "customer service" line got me their final solution to my request for a refund of the difference in shipping: "We charge whatever we want for shipping... blah, blah, blah,... at the time of shipping".

Buyer Beware! I could have purchase these parts right down the street for less once you factor in the shipping "surcharge".

28th of Aug, 2007

This was one of the few times I didn't do my homework on an internet store.
    Last week I ordered an air intake system from speedyperformanceparts.com (one of their other companies) for $230. Today 8/28/07, it still has not shipped. I called to cancel and was told it can't be canceled even though it hasn't shipped yet.

They have already charged my account, and they can't tell me when it's going to ship. They said if I no longer want it I have to refuse delivery. I told them IT HASN'T SHIPPED YET JUST KEEP IT. They said they can't do that, they also would not let me speak to a manager.

I filed a complaint with the BBB, the attorney general, and my bank put their company on fraud alert. The bank also said if it hasn't shipped by the end of the week they will file a claim against the company.

• Gr
      10th of Sep, 2007

This company is shady. They issued me a part which I specifically said I did NOT want. I wanted PCV Hose, they instead shipped and charged me for a PCV Valve. I called and they said they don't carry the Hose, never did. This is ridiculous and the sales people there have no scruples. Again this is a deceptive company (or at least they have deceptive sales people)...think it's run by a mom and pop.

8th of Oct, 2007
    AutoPartsWarehouse.com - Atrocious customer service!

TAKE THIS ADVICE - do not purchase from this company. Their parts catalog is wrong and when you receive a part that doesn't fit your vehicle they won't take it back. I received the wrong brakes for my Chevy truck - they weren't even close. When I contacted them we got into a protracted e-mail dialog with them claiming the parts would fit. Eventually I got a note that the 30-day refund period had expired and I was stuck with the part. These folks are dishonest and do not deserve your business!!! STAY AWAY!!

• Va
      15th of Oct, 2007
    AutoPartsWarehouse.com - Stay Away from AutoPartsWarehouse.com!

Auto Parts Warehouse - AutoPartsWarehouse.com

Stay away from these folks - their parts database contains many errors and when you eventually get the wrong part they won't take it back. What they do is engage you in a lengthy dialog about the fact that they sent you the right part and you are in error - this goes on and on. They you get a curt e-mail explaining that they 30-day return period has expired and you're stuck with whatever they sent you. I got stung this way so "JUST SAY NO" to these clowns!

• Gr
      30th of Nov, 2007

I hate this place with a passion. I have reported them to the Better Business, and have put the whole story on my website. This place has cost me a ton of money in shipping charges sending back their mistakes.

Plain and simple...do not buy from them. You think your getting a deal, I know. Then you get the wrong part, and ship it back. Auto parts are heavy and it will cost you. They will not reimburse for shipping. And after 2 months I still have not received a credit from them.

Go buy from Summitracing.com, or your local NAPA/Autozone. This place is not worth it, trust me.

• Cr
      2nd of Dec, 2007

I have placed orders with this company and have had every problem listed above. I tried to stay away from them and cannot seem to find anyplace that is not one of their affiliates. I would think that one of the most vexing problems is ordering something they don't have and either get charged for it and it never arrives or they simply cancel the order and don't notify you while you sit fat and happy wondering when it will arrive.

• Je
      17th of Jan, 2008

NEVER EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THESE GUYS!!!!!!!!!
    These guys are crooks. I just received a radiator I ordered from them and, of course, it was the wrong part. The part number is clearly marked on the outside of the box. It is the wrong number...
    Not only that, but it is a part that is $100 dollars cheaper than the one I ordered.
    When I called them to let them know, they asked me why it was the wrong part... I guess being in the auto parts business does not mean you know what auto part numbers are for.
    I will be disputing this charge tomorrow.

• Aa
      18th of Mar, 2008

Actually, most customer service encounters problems as well. But I as a regular customer of Auto Parts Warehouse not at all experienced bad service from them. My ride model is a Toyota Camry 2017 and I ordered a driver side tail light from them (Auto Parts Warehouse) and I received it within two days and I am very much happy with what I ordered since they delivered it on time and my parts were all good and no damage and also their customer service are all pleasant and very easy to talk to. I think that customers should be more considerate sometimes with the staffs.

• Mr
      27th of Mar, 2008

Same complaints as the rest. Ordered a window regulator. I even chatted and had them make sure it was for my vehicle. Got the part but didn't put the vehicle on the road for almost a year later. Finally paid to have the window regulator installed and go figured they took out the old one and the one autopartswarehouse sent me was not even close to the same. In fact it wasn't even the one pictured that i ordered. Oh and yes they couldn't do anything because it was so long since purchase. The emails I sent back and forth to "customer service" were horrible. No one can type english let alone speak it. They even asked why so long to tell them. DUH it's the window regulator I didnt know it was wrong until I had it removed. All their emails could do was quote company return policy even though I never inquired as to returning it. They could care less about me or my $170 I was out for an incorrect part and the shop removing the old one and not being able to replace it. IDIOTS!!! never buy from them! Buyer beware.

• Da
      8th of Apr, 2008

Yes, once again ripped of by a very bad Web Company, (AUTOPARTSWAREHOUSE.COM) I only wished I had googled this company before I ordered from them. I ordered Oil Filters from them, you would think that they could send the RIGHT parts, WRONG, I mean its only FILTERS for God sake they SENT the WRONG PARTS, and expect me to pay to return "THEIR" misatake, and on top of it all WAIT 4 to 6 weeks to get a refund while they make interest on my money sitting in their bank accounts. PEOPLE please beware of this Company, they are BAD NEWS

• Je
      8th of Apr, 2008

I've been dealing with this site for almost a year now and yes, once or twice they've sent a part late, but overall this isn't anything i haven't encountered with any other site shopping online. Their huge selection and great prices make up for the occasional late part.

• Ka
      8th of Apr, 2008

I never had problems with them. I already purchase 10 items with them and all are correct and delivered on time. Also my friends are happy with the service offered by Autopartswarehouse.com.

• Ke
      9th of Apr, 2008

Just yesterday I bought some parts for my truck, in fairness the call center they have are very accommodating and there delivery are very fast and accurate. I highly recommend this on line shop t others.

• Pa
      10th of Apr, 2008

I have seen many bad reviews about autopartswarehouse but i wanna prove them wrong because i'm a regular customer of this firm and i know everything, the way they handle their customers and they're very accommodating. Anyway, i dont care about what people say as long as i'm happy with their services i'll continue buying hard to find parts at Autopartswarehouse.com