Autopartsgiant / Buyer beware

I originally ordered a Gas Tank, Gas Tank Straps, and a Gas Tank Seal...I only received the straps. After 24 days, 8 phone calls, and over 6 hours on the phone I had only received the straps (item 2). Then after 29 days and the same scenario, but 10 calls to customer service and over 8 hours on the phone, they finally agreed to refund my money for items 1 and 3 (the Gas Tank and the seal). Now 54 days after the order was placed and somewhere around 12 calls to customer service, I receive a refund for $44.56 instead of the $141.51 as promised and that you owe me.

Va

Comments

Ia
  7th of Jan, 2009
Autopartsgiant - Poor service
AutoPartsGIANT
autopartsgiant.com

Worst online shopping experience I have ever had. Found the products I wanted to buy online, then phoned to verify instock. Vendor represented it was in stock so I placed order. Received a verification order next day, but no shipment or tracking data. Called 3 days later to verify shipment, vendor confirmed shipped status but could provide no tracking data. Called 5 day later because I had not received product, again vendor confirmed shipment but could provide no tracking data. Said I'd get it in 3 days and associated tracking data in 4 days!Today, 8 days later received an email verifying shipment, then 5 minutes later a cancellation - out of stock notice. Turns out they never had the product and never had actual verification of shipment. Call center personnel are trained to make up status to satisfy the caller and they just hope it's right based on typical order processing timing - the supervisor I spoke with confirmed this and was unapologetic. He refused to forward my call to his VP. Don't waste your time doing business with this company when there are plenty of reputable dealers online. These guys are incompetent deadbeats!