Autopark Burlington / Delivery Issues

1 Burlington, Ontario, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 1 800 925-8708

We purchased a vehicle from this dealership and we we were promised delivery 3-5 days from the date of purchase. It has been 30 days and we are no closer to receiving the vehicle. The dealership made up excuses that they were waiting on import paperwork. Upon further investigation through transport Canada we discovered that the paperwork was in fact deliver ed to the dealership 7 days after the sale of the vechicle. When we confronted the Delivery Manager she deferred me immediately to the Used Car Manager. After being put on hold for almost 10 minutes, I agreed to be placed through voicemail. I did not receive a call back. The dealership has been dishonest with us on the status of our vehicle. They have our deposit and we are left renting a vehicle until maybe one day they'll call us back...

To

Comments

• 19
      18th of Feb, 2009

Autopark has screwed me around as well. I was at least lucky enough to take delivery of my vehicle. These guys are very unfair and dishonest. They pride themselves on the volumes of vehicles they sell, but I'll bet many of the people who have purchased from them have had a poor experience.
    Watch your contract, review it closely. They'll find a way to come back and cause you grief afterwards.
    In my opinion any dealership who requires a non-refundable deposit should be steered clear away from in the beginning.
    The staff is incompetent and treat you great when buying your vehicle but once everything is said and done it's a fight to keep them honest and follow through with the promises they make.
    Don't let their deals fool you. Run away as fast as you can.

• Tw
      18th of Feb, 2009

I was test driving a vehicle at autopark when they first opened. I'm out for the test drive and the brakes in the car are failing, the dealer tells me this is to due with it sitting too long, whatever. When we return he immediately begins to pressure me into leaving a $500 down payment for the car. The down payment isn't refundable, of course, this is apparently a good thing in Autoparks opinion?
    I am very interested in the car but am concerned with the brakes. They honestly, failed to stop the car at two intersections! I asked to have the car repaired prior to me leaving a down payment, but they refused. Stating they would lose money if they repaired the vehicle (made it safe) and I didn't purchase it.
    These guys are high pressure crooks who only want to quickly turn vehicles. Once they have your non-refundable down payment you're stuck buying the car you test drove or something else from them, or you can walk away and they'll keep your hard earned money.
    To make matters worse while I am on the test drive one of their sales people hits my current car! After weeks of police reports and arguing back and forth, not to mention me retaining a lawyer they finally agree to pay for the damages to my vehicle. They tried EVERY tactic known to try and get out of paying for the repairs. Not to mention this devalued my trade in with them!
    I didn't buy for obvious reasons. But let me tell you they called my home, my cell, my business trying to convince me to buy the car and they would make the proper repairs.
    Do yourself a favour shop elsewhere. Tell your friends to shop elsewhere. This is not a reputable dealership no matter how big it is.

• Er
      5th of Jan, 2011

I purchased a vehicle from Autopark recently and I was treated like Gold...I would recommend my family and friends to this Dealership. I"m pretty certain the above comments made were from competitive dealerships in the area...Think about it :) Thank you Autopark for helping me...

• De
      1st of Mar, 2011

Autopark... well you all want the TRUTH... here it is! the company advertises its vehicles at the lowest price, 90% of the retail vehicles have been in a COLLISION so therefore the purchase through the auction is approx. $2000 less than a "CLEAN" car hence "LOWEST PRICE" EVERYTHING SAID ABOVE IS CORRECT and "Eflike" financed, rustproofed, health ins, job loss, ex warr., thats why you were treated like gold! The company is garbage and will eventually be shut down by OMVIC.. if you leave a deposit at a dealership...DO IT BY CREDIT CARD...if they hassle you in anyway contact OMVIC they kill cockroaches..and they will run when they hear that name OMVIC OMVIC OMVIC

4th of Jun, 2011

Autopark is a great company, I have bought numerous cars from them. Always treated well and with respect... The above complaints are made by uneducated buyers who have made mistakes and blame the car dealer for it. Im sure you blame DuMaurier for causing lung cancer too right? As for the comment, by an obvious dealer who is outsold by them regularly, about OMVIC shutting them down. You are incorrect, from what I have seen they are the most ethical and honest dealer that I have purchased a car from ever. I recommend people to do some research on the product they are buying and stop blaming the dealer, but rather yourself for making poor decisions.

• 09
      16th of Sep, 2011

boyfriend purchased a car from autopark last year and have had NOTHING but problems since. When he was first testing the car, it wouldnt start on the first try- salesperson stated it was because it was sitting so long. Okay, fair enough. The finance person was very unethical as well and gave false information-pretty sure she didnt know what she was talking about or she was just trying to make herself some extra commission-i work in a bank and I know she was incorrect on many things. For the first little while of having the car it was having problems starting still, and called the dealership, was told the same thing, it is just because it has been sitting so long on the lot, give it a few days and call back. So, that we did, and called back a few days later and told them we changed our mind about the car and the starting is not getting any better..we were told we are ONE day too late. Ever since there have been problems with the cars engine, motor etc. also little things we were promised like a paint stick to fix some minor scratches were never followed through on, when we asked about it we were told to go buy our own at canadian tire. 6 months after having the car we had to spend over 2000 to fix a problem that they must have known the car had taht was causing the bad starting. Our mechanic suggested we go through OMVIC. autopark gave us recuced labor to 'fix' the problem-which may i add, still is not fixed. SO unhappy witht his dealership asthis is who our families use- NOT anymore.

• Ly
      21st of Sep, 2011

They lied about the safety! Had issues with the saab when I came home. The bumper even fell off... This is a 2007 saab suv. The guys went underneath and found it was being held up by a zip tie??? Reported the issues, also reported the tires. The tires should never have passed safety. Fake safety. Spent an extra 3000 dollars on the vehicle to bring it up to standards.

Watch out for these guys, very dishonest!

• Go
      13th of Jan, 2012

I have recently purchased a vehicle from Autopark Burlington, and was treated very well by one of their salesman Kim Manos. He new his products, and offered advice. Both my Wife and I are very satisfied with our purchase and were given a very fair price for our Trade-in. Kim promised us a second remote entry fob which he had to order in, and program, which was done within 48 hours. A small problem I had with a Airbag warning light was dealt with immediately on my return to the premises. I have been driving for 55 years and have had numerous car purchases both in England and Canada, and was impressed with the service given.
    I guess, as in any trade it is impossible to please everyone !!?? But I would have no hesitation in recomending Autopark to my friends and family (in fact i have already). Thanks Kim
    Gord
    Smithville, Ontario

• Cr
      9th of Feb, 2013
    AutoPark Burlington - Good SERVICE
    Ontario
    Canada

GREAT EXPERIENCE, SMOOTH TRANSACTION, HANDLED VERY PROFESSIONALLY AND EVERYTHING WAS ON TIME WITH NO SURPRISES EVEN WHEN I EXCHANGED THE VEHICLE WITHIN THEIR TIME LIMIT.THANKS TO JIM, KITCH AND GEOFF, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK WILL BE BACK AND DEFINATELY REFER ANYONE I KNOW .

• Ke
      15th of Sep, 2013

In June 2011 I purchased a used vehicle with a premium warranty. December 2011 my vehicle needed a major repair..(covered by my warranty) Auto Park, the dealership i purchased my vehicle did the repairs. Minutes before Christmas holiday closures, my vehicle was ready. My friend came with me to pick up my vehicle so i could return my rental, that WAS ALSO COVERED BY MY WARRANTY. I now still after almost a year of foot work find myself in the credit bureau for the cost of the rental, Nappa Auto Park billed my warranty but failed to pay rental company, as a customer of ..Nappa, Auto Park, discount rentals and Coverage one warranty, no one will help or admit their mistake, my credit is now ruined, I am a single mom with four kids and no father support and i managed to maintain excellent credit. I am to small to be heard.

• Tr
      1st of Feb, 2014

In January of 2013 I purchased Ford Fusion from Burlington Autopark Superstore. I also purchased an extended bumper to bumper warranty for 2672.00 dollars. Had no real issues with car until I noticed an oil leak in the drive line which in June 2013 I took to there Nappa Repair shop that is part of there store to have it checked. They said they would get back to me in couple of weeks, never heard from them again but continued to monitor oil leak. I eventually called First Canadian Insurance Company to check on where I could have repair done. Much to my surprise no warranty had ever been registered in my name or vin # of vehicle. I called the manager of dealership and told him of situation with warranty and he assured me that it was valid and that insurance company was in error to which I responded I received a faxed document stating that no policy existed in my name or vehicle vin #. He then changed his story and said one of his staff had forgot to activate and that he would have it corrected immediately. I then told him about my visit to his repair shop about issue with car and that I had never heard back from them about issue and perhaps that was due to no warranty being in place.
    He immediately offered to refund the full cost of warranty plus interest and I received cheque in 3 days. I advise all customers to make sure your warranty is in fact valid and active before its too late. They would have made an extra 2672.00 on me if I had not had issue with car. Cost me $770.00 to do all repairs to vehicle so I see it as I am up $1902.00 by having problem with my car. Pretty good scam.

• Ji
      23rd of Apr, 2015

I Worked at autopark for 4 months. Unfortunately everything said above is about accurate. numerous times we'd be told to hide facts about cars that the purchasers were supposed to be aware of. their car facts are a fraud and every vehicle on that lot has at least a 4000 dollar repair. The two homosexual daddy ###ers that owned it drove it into the ground buy spending the company money at their own will. the managers were less than qualified. Adam was one of them and there couldn't have been a more arrogant, under achieiving knob gobbler than him as a manager. the 32 year old highschool drop out would frequently get into costumers faces and got into two show room fights while I was working there. hands down the most unprofessional place of business ever. The same management is working in their new location. look out!!