Autonation2013 mercedes sl550

My name is Joe Foggia.

I had a wreck in my 2013 Mercedes SL550 and before I reported to USAA, I took it directly to Mercedes of Fort Lauderdale. I wanted them to do all repair work as I always take both our Mercedes (we have a 2007 S550) there. Mercedes of FTL performed all work and all seemed fine. However, shortly afterward, I discovered the side rear window black metal moldings were coming off. One was off and lost. The driver side was half on and I noticed it and took it off. Then the trunk lid started to not stay open. It would slowly start to fall. Both of these issues happened after the repair work was complete and I took the car.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I reported this to the dealership and they say neither of these are covered and they want to charge me $1000... I say that is BS..

May I point out, that though I moved down here from Portland, Oregon where I purchased both vehicles, the SL550 brand new, I have always brought all my service to this dealership.

I will say that Michael Ferarro my service representative is very good and I will say that the auto body guys are good. But it appears their hands are tied...

This is a corporate thing.

Sine it appears to be corporate, I am sending this note here. If I don't get these items fixed at no cost to me ASAP, I certainly will re-consider my next purchase. My next purchase will be coming soon...

Warm regards,
Joe F. Foggia
[protected]
[protected]@me.com

Jo
Jan 10, 2018

Comments

• Sh
      Jan 10, 2018

Hi Mr. Foggia. I'd like to be of assistance.

You've specified that you've worked through USAA to cover this cost. Is this your personal insurance provider or that of another driver?

Was all work related to this accident performed by Mercedes of Fort Lauderdale?

Jan 10, 2018

@Shaun R. USAA is my insurance. It was closed out after work performed. Seems this would almost be warranty of the auto body shop. Yes, all work (about $15, 000) was done by Mercedes Fort Lauderdale.

Jan 10, 2018

@JoeFoggia Hi Mr. Foggia.

Am I correct to understand that the accident was your fault and the damage was to the rear of your car?

After all this body work, what was the date you picked up the vehicle? What was the date you returned the car with said issues?

Jan 11, 2018

@Shaun R. The accident was my fault (a no fault collision) because other person left the scene. All issues were to right front which affected hood, front and side including very expensive headlight. Not sure if it affected electrically, other items in car...ie. trunk lifts? and did it jar the car enough cause convertible window moldings to separate?

I picked up car approx August 11... These items started happening in November. And I was going to address at next service when they could take care of all. However, the right headlight completely stopped working (which was supposed to be new) two weeks ago and I was stoped by a police officer and warned...So I took car in to get all addressed. They kept car and replaced light module (which looked used 2013?) and I addressed all else which they will not do...

Jan 11, 2018

@JoeFoggia Hi Mr. Foggia.

Leaving the scene infuriates me. That is what ultimately drives up no fault insurance.

I think I understand the problem a little more clearly now.

Ultimately, when damaged is caught after the initial estimate, the service manager fills out something called an addendum for the insurance company so that the additional problem(s) can be addressed. In this case, the problems are with a completely different area of the car and are discovered three (3) months after the service work has been completed. To speak frankly, I'm not aware of any insurance company that would approve such an addendum under these circumstances. I can't imagine any service provider even attempting to get such an addendum approved.

They were correct in taking care of the headlight. As something that was so recently replaced, that would be something that fell under warranty work.

Jan 14, 2018

@Shaun R. So where do I go from here????