Autonation — 2013 mercedes sl550
My name is Joe Foggia.
I had a wreck in my 2013 Mercedes SL550 and before I reported to USAA, I took it directly to Mercedes of Fort Lauderdale. I wanted them to do all repair work as I always take both our Mercedes (we have a 2007 S550) there. Mercedes of FTL performed all work and all seemed fine. However, shortly afterward, I discovered the side rear window black metal moldings were coming off. One was off and lost. The driver side was half on and I noticed it and took it off. Then the trunk lid started to not stay open. It would slowly start to fall. Both of these issues happened after the repair work was complete and I took the car.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Fort Lauderdale, FL
I reported this to the dealership and they say neither of these are covered and they want to charge me $1000... I say that is BS..
May I point out, that though I moved down here from Portland, Oregon where I purchased both vehicles, the SL550 brand new, I have always brought all my service to this dealership.
I will say that Michael Ferarro my service representative is very good and I will say that the auto body guys are good. But it appears their hands are tied...
This is a corporate thing.
Sine it appears to be corporate, I am sending this note here. If I don't get these items fixed at no cost to me ASAP, I certainly will re-consider my next purchase. My next purchase will be coming soon...
Joe F. Foggia
More Autonation Complaints & Reviews
- AutoNation.com - bad service 
- Autonation - vehicle protection plan 
- Autonation - gap insurance
- Autonation - the worst decision of my life
- Autonation - sales practice are close to fraudulent (to be continued)
- Autonation - bought a car from bmw of valencia in valencia california
- Autonation laurel Maryland - service department
- Autonation Ford-Sanford FL - extended warranty cancelled
- Autonation - service
- AutoNation Toyota Gulf Freeway - my 2014 toyota tundra purchase