Automotix.com / Very deceptive and unethical company practices

Within 10 minutes after I discovered an error in the order, I called the company service dept and requested cancellation. They couldn't find the order number on their computer system. Their excuse was the computer could be 3 hours late to show current order. I completed the customer form on the website. About 1 week later, I got a reply and said the e-mail system was down for last 2 days. That is why I didn't get a response until 7 days later.
I got the shipment and called the customer services to return the item in 5 separate occasions. They transferred me from one department to another to Return Department. Each transfer took about 30 minutes for someone to pick up the phone. They said an authorization number would be sent to me by e-mail within 2 days. Nothing came to my e-maiil from their company. I called a few more times and waited for half hours on the phone each time for the return department to pick up the phone. I gave up and returned item anyway by fedex and dispute the charge on my credit card.

Ia

More Automotix.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• La
      24th of Feb, 2010

I searched the internet for a grille for my truck. Two of their sites Automotix.com and carbodyparts.net had it for $153.36. When I called in I got a price of $227. I hung up and called back and got a price of $318. I asked for a supervisor and was told they are all busy. When I told them that both of their websites carbodyparts.net had the grille for $153, she said she would price match it but shipping was another $67. She did not want to put a supervisor on the phone for me to talk to. I told them they were nothing but a buncy of ripoff companies and hung up. DO NOT BUY FROM EITHER OF THESE COMPANIES or any company that uses 1-888-251-1209. They are all the same company.

• Bl
      29th of Nov, 2010

I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT AUTOMOTIX HAS DEALERS THAT ARE FINANCIALLY UNSTABLE!! i PUT A SEARCH FOR A HEAD FOR MY VEHICLE THRU AUTOMOTIX ABOUT 2 MOS. AGO, AND HAD MR. TAYLOR MOORE AT COMSTOCK PARTS CONTACT ME. LONG STORY SHORT, TO DATE, I HAVE NOT RECEIVED MY MOTOR (OR MY $), I WAS CHEATED OUT OF $1800.00, AND HAVE FILED A CIVIL SUIT AGAINST COMSTOCK PARTS, INC. - GAVIN, ONE OF THE CEO'S AT AUTOMOTIX, SAID HE WAS GOING TO HELP ME RETRIEVE MY MONEY, BUT GUESS WHAT? HAVE NOT HEARD FROM HIM EITHER. SO, BOTTOM LINE, YOU HAD BETTER DO YOUR HOMEWORK IF A DEALER QUOTES YOU THRU AUTOMOTIX, OR YOU TOO WILL BE DEFRAUDED.

• Mi
      15th of Dec, 2010

I too have been taken by Comstock and Taylor. The motor i purchased was for a 2003 Landrover Freelander for $3638. After contacting and filing reports with my local Sheriffs Dept, Duval County Sheriffs Dept (that is where Comstock and Taylor were located), and the Better Business Bereau i have had no luck. Duval county sent a deputy out to the business address but the building was vacant. My husband lost his job the same week his motor blew, we had to take money from his retirement (which we needed to live on) to purchase this motor so he could get another job. I purchased the motor August 17, 2010 and i still have no motor and no refund. I am located in Florida and am interested in joining your suit if at all possible, as i said i have had no luck on my own thus far.

• Ro
      31st of Dec, 2010

I purchased a engine block from comstock parts in 6/19/10 for $375.00. Lauren White said the block was not available and that my money would be refunded. No refund or engine block. I'm in joining your civilsuit. my email is dtownwb@yahoo.com

31st of Jan, 2011

I deal with only one company it's Automeds - Cleveland Ohio. Prefect in all the deals what they make, best in service. Price according to the quality of the part. exact time frame to deliver the part. Good experience and i am happy i have some people to help me with the auto-parts . Automeds are the best. Automeds - 216 769 4793.

11th of Mar, 2011

Automeds or now known as automedz is a rip-off. They called me within hours of my posting a need for turn signals for a 1977 ranchero - they promised they would not charge myy cc until they shipped. Well I am now disputing the charge because they did not ship a part and are not answering the phone when I call Jdmc

13th of Apr, 2011

I ordered a Camry bumper from Automotix last week. Their service was wonderful. Great choice and services. My best exprience ever buying auto parts online. They have a huge collection in that store!!

11th of May, 2011

I had good experience with the service at Automotix. My shipment was delivered on time and the customer service representative was great. Thanks

• Ra
      12th of May, 2011

I had my order all filled in, and just before I clicked, "Complete My Order", I noticed the total just didn't seem right. I HAD seen that the shipping was $8.53, and for two parts that totalled 12 bucks, that would normally be a deal breaker for me, but the savings at Automotix seemed to make up for it. The Problem, that I Hadn't noticed was that they were ALSO adding on $14.17 for HANDLING! What? More than $23.00 for shipping and "Handling" for two dinky parts totalling $12.00? No Way.

Be Careful Here!!!

16th of Jun, 2011

Without a doubt this has to be the biggest RIP OFF company in the whole UNITED STATES of AMERICA!!!
    Order one part get another and the RETURN POLICY, IT DOES NOT EXIST !!!
    Please People save yourself alot of turmoil and money by not using this deceitful company!!!
    Website says there in KS.when they are CA. They WILL NOT SHIP BACK, at your loss and your cost !!!

• Do
      23rd of Nov, 2011

I'm not sure if I got lucky, but I ordered a door mirror, got the tracking number in a few days, tracked to my home town, delivered the correct part and installed it. Now if they bill me correctly, I would have to give them a big thumbs up.

25th of Nov, 2011

Just an update on my original posy about getting ripped off on the 77 Ranchero part - finally my CC company reversed the charge after I had to dispute a second time. Automedz had the gall to try and charge half the cost for re-stocking on a part they never shipped. STAY AWAY FROM THESES IDIOTS !!! JMCP.

• Lu
      22nd of Mar, 2012

I purchased a used glovebox for my chevy for $93, which they said was in very good condition. It was missing a bearing and the handle was partially broken. I will never buy from Automotix.com again. A total rip-off.

23rd of Mar, 2012

stay away from these jerks.!!!

23rd of Mar, 2012

I bought an alternator last month from automotix and I was having some trouble as I'm not a big computer guy so i called customer service. They walked me through everything and made it all a lot easier! I got my part in great condition and for a good price! I have to give these guys a thumbs up!

26th of Mar, 2012

I just purchased a new quarter panel for my Nissan Altima and this site was great! I found exactly what i wanted in my price range in a matter of minutes! I got my part quickly with no problems! Great job automotix

• Pe
      26th of Mar, 2012

I recently ordered a new set of tires for the car i am trying to salvage from automotix. They saved me a lot of money and time! I didn't have any issues and i just wish i had known about these guys earlier!

27th of Mar, 2012

hey anybody who has had an issue like I did starting to wonder if these new posts are legit??? how come these people get alerted when there is a complaint about automedz if they did not have a problem with them before?? Makes me wonder if they are monitoring the complaints board and sending out false "godd reviews" HMMMMM ?????

• Ad
      17th of Apr, 2012

Automotix: sent me the radio I ordered but it arrived in an open, torn box with no packaging, no receipt, no invoice, no tape having closed it. A thick steel bracket was bent~this could've been avoided if the shipper had done some packaging. I called them: I was on hold for ONE HOUR before someone HUNG UP the line on me. Call try #2: I waited 45 minutes until they answered. I was asked repeatedly for an ID number and who my customer service rep was, neither of which had been given to me when ordering by phone, no receipt by email, or in paper with the product. Their product service is terrible. Their customer service is the worst ever. Making a customer wait extremely long times on the phone is the first major tip-off of a rip-off. Never again, Automotix.

• Ra
      4th of May, 2012

I used Automotix and they tried to charge me almost double than what we discussed theese guys are a scam and Gavin that works there is a jerk and has no customer service skills at all