Autolaptopstands.com Aka Policelaptopstands.com Aka Autolaptoplinkinc / Never Shipped, Threatening phone call

321 Raupp BlvdBuffalo Grove, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 847-459-9033

My wife ordered Oct. 9th, the site says all orders shipped within 24 -48 hours. We requested tracking # thru website several times. After no response, I called Oct. 20th and left voicemail. Mary called later that day and apologized; said we would get shipping notification that day, and it would be delivered no later than Wed. Oct. 22nd.

On Oct. 22nd received a UPS ship notification, (paid for USPS Priority) The estimated ship date was Oct. 23; however, UPS has not recieved the package to date. We started a dispute thru our credit card company, and filed a complaint with UPS, also filed a fraud complaint thru USPS. I sent an email to autolaptoplinkinc letting them know what we were doing and asking them to "contact me ASAP to correct this".

Sunday morning, Oct. 26, I recieved a phone call from Ray. He was not happy and called me stupid several times. He said he cancelled my order, and that "UPS made a mistake". I asked for a refund to the credit card, he said not until we send back the laptop stand. Ray proceeded to tell me that his corporate attorneys would be handling this and he was going to get me for fraud.
St

Comments

Br
  12th of Nov, 2008
Ordered my laptop stand on Oct 24. waited a week and no stand had arrived. Called and left numerous message with no response. Finally called and tallked to a sales person, was told would upgrade and ship that day and I should recieve in 2 days. Didn't happen!!!
Later that week they sent me a UPS tracking number. but when I tracked it it had not shipped yet. Besides I asked to have it sent Fed-ex and that option was ignored obviously. I E-mail and told them that if I didn't recieve asap I would take all legal actions available to me, cause I felt ripped off!
Yes i finaly got my stand and all the parts to mount were not there and didn't look like the mounting picture. I didn't send back I just handled myself!!!
  23rd of Nov, 2008
Bummer autolaptopstands got me too. I've been hopeful that they are just too busy to get my order shipped out but I know now that I got taken! I can't believe the effort that goes into a scam like this. Anyone willing to work this hard could easily succeed in a real job or have a career. Amazing what people will do.

I chose autolaptopstands.com because they had something that would work in my Subaru. Any suggestions where I can find a compact laptop stand like those (I ordered the Platinum) that autolaptoplinkinc / autolaptopstands is falsley advertising?

I too spoke with the owner, he was sure I would get mine now that he had been involved. His extension is #5 but that doesn't matter, he doesn't return calls. You can only get someone by calling Sales, because they are so actively taking calls and credit cards that they answer the Sales line.
  25th of Nov, 2008
Today I bought a new laptop mount from jotto.com close to $300 after shipping. Excited to know that jotto is for real, I received an email and the tracking number shows it's in UPS hands, I clicked the old autolaptopslink UPS tracking email and to my surprise, yep, it's on the way too. So now I've really done it, I got 2 of 'em. I'm headed to NAPA for a universal solenoid switch for my "house" battery, the laptop will run off a sealed gel deep cycle battery secured behind the driver seat via 6v laptop charger and the cars engine will charge this battery when the car is running. The solenoid prevents any draw on the car battery, keeping you from being stranded while using electronics remotely with car off. I'm looking for a good meter to keep an eye on the gel battery. Don't want to draw more than my 50% from it at any one stretch.
  2nd of Dec, 2008
Ok, the verdict is in. I have a Jotto Desk and a autolaptoplinkinc desk.

No comparison, Jotto is built stong. Autolaptop has a flimsy connection between top and base - does not stay connected.

The autolaptoplinkinc laptop desk is a prototype at best. The plexiglass top does not remain connected to the base. It's held together with one hex nut pressed into a larger hex nut (half way) with the lower half of the larger hex nut screwing onto the base. Very much a prototype, not capable of holding the weight of a laptop. The base is sturdy but the connection with base and plexiglass is NOT well thought out.

I have emailed autolaptoplinkinc requesting help with a return. I cannot use a produce of this low quality to mount my laptop.