auto warranty department / scam

Houston, TX, United States Review updated:
Calls from several different area codes, most recent [protected], stating 2nd notice your warranty is about to expire. This is not a legitimate company. They Phish for info. or try to get your credit card info. They call my work cell and business phone regularly. I can't figure out how to get rid of them or turn them in.
Ci

Comments

Ma
  17th of Nov, 2008
Received same call (offer for taking care of expiring waranty) multiple times. Do not answer. It is a scam.
Do
  16th of Mar, 2009
Just talked to them earlier today. I couldn't go to sleep and I got on the web and found this information about the scam. Glad this is available to us.
Cw
  9th of Sep, 2013
They called me twice today from 210-892-0547 (Texas). They really try to make you think it is the warranty dept from the manufacturer. Not too swift though. They were asking about my Honda, which I have a lifetime warranty on already. They first rep hung up when I called her out and the 2nd guy tried to tell me "there's no reason to get irate" when I told him I'd already said stop calling. I reported them to the local Fox affiliate consumer reporter because they might be able to trick uneducated or elderly people. If you call the number back, you can be put on do not call list (supposedly). We'll see if that works. If they call again I think I might string them along for a while just to have fun!