Auto Vantage / Unauthorized charge!

United States Review updated:

This company is a scam. They charged my Macy"s account (119.99) for a membership that I never had. I have no account number and when I called to have it removed I was told by Theresa that it was a renewal Fee. Renewal for WHAT!!!! I never purchased anything. Read all charges on your bill because its a company like this one "Auto Vantage " that will try to scam you and hope that you do not see it. I am in the process of closing my Macy's account because they also are guilty of fraud., in allowing some random company to access my account.

When I asked Auto Vantage to have a copy of the agreement they said I agreed to , Auto Vantage, said "not possible."... I wonder why... Theresa said she would remove the charge.

BEWARE!!!

Comments

Lz
  10th of Mar, 2008
I had the same thing happen to me. I was finally able to get a good phone no. for AutoVantage. They actually answered the phone and gave me a cancellation no. for the program and they said they would issue a credit to my acct. I'm not sure how they accessed my account at Macy's.

After further contact with Macy's they are telling me that when I signed up for the Macy's acct 26 years ago, I agreed to take the insurance program and have been paying the $119 periodically over the years. That was the strangest thing I ever heard. I've since cancelled my Macy's acct.
Le
  9th of May, 2008
I just had the same thing happen to me just 2 days ago.Auto Vantage charged me $89.99 on my credit card.I had never heard of this company until now.I was highly upset once I reached my credit card company due to the push this push that game.THEY actually switched me over to Auto Vantage as if they were part of the scam team! Auto Vantage wanted to explain the benefits first before they would cancell this unauthorized payment!.They promised to unbill my account as soon as possible.

I love everyone but I could not have a reasonable conversation with the rep because of the strong dialect.I hope someone will stop these practices and I hope their employees know exactly what their doing to consumers!

Act quickly and BEWARE also!!
Je
  15th of Aug, 2008
I stayed in a Super Eight hotel in 2000 and the gave my credit card number to Autovantage/customer service center. They in turn charged my credit card for services I did not request and did not autherize. They have been charging my account annually ever since and I did not catch it until this year, 2008. They claim they are not responsible and refuse to refund my account. Do not do buisness with this company or any company that the would give your credit card information out to crooks like Autovantage
La
  29th of Dec, 2008
I just caught a $119 charge on my Nov. Visa statement from AutoVantage. I had never heard of this company or used their service. After some research I discovered I had been charged an annual fee of $119 every Nov. since 2001. I talked to a AutoVantage rep who said that I had returned a mass mailing in 2001 and signed up for the service and provided my credit card # (absolutely not true!). I called back and was tgiven a different story. This time I was told they got my credit card # from Super Eight Motel that I stayed at in 2001. Stay away from this company!
Ma
  4th of Feb, 2009
OKAY WHY DON'T YOU DUMB PEOPLE STOP CASHING THOSE CHECKS WTF DO YOU THINK FREE MONEY IS JUST COMING TO YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE THAT DAMN GREAT? WHO IN THE WORLD THINKS YOU ARE JUST GONNA WAKE UP ONE DAY AND GET FREE MONEY!!! GROW UP AND REALIZE THERE ARE CATCHES TO EVERYTHING YOU GREEDY CRYBABIES!!!QUITE FRANKLY YOU DESERVE TO BE CHARGED IF YOU CASH THOSE CHECKS!!!

Auto Vantage Logo Auto Vantage