Auto Vantage / Fraudulent charge!

My Name is Olga and my husband and myself recently returned from a deployment to Iraq. Much to my dismay I returned home to a bill of $99.99 on my Orchard Bank Card. I called them only to be redirected to calling the vendor, to find out why this charge was on my account and who this company was. Of course the company was closed at the hour that I phoned. I decided that this was a matter that Orchard Bank needed to settle considering where my husband and I have just returned from. I called them back... As I was sitting on hold, I got nosey and typed in the phone # of this vedor on a Yahoo search and and to my surprise, found multiple complaints on multiple websites. I decided to email you to find out if there is any possible help or advice that can be given to me to fight the fraudulent charges posted by these abusers. I am saddened that Soldiers should serve their Country and still be victimized in this manner. The fact that ANYONE is victimized by their own credit card company is an OUTRAGE! I ask for someone to please reply to my plea. If there is someone that can call me and talk to me about this matter, my phone # is 316-727-9sss.

Thank You for your time and help.

Olga.

Ol

Comments

29th of Oct, 2006

This is a rip off/scam. You can't reach them by phone, you can't cancel, they never provided a service, and I only remember searching their site and never "signed up" for anything. I've sent a letter to the Better Business Bureau and the US Attoreny General's office. My bank isn't much help at the moment, but I have no attention of giving up. The transactions are not authorized and they should not be able to deduct money.

• De
      10th of Jul, 2007

I never accepted the service.

• Cl
      24th of Nov, 2007

THIS IS A SCAM. A charge of $89.99 from Auto Vantage appeared on my Nov 07 Amazon.com Visa statement. I had no knowledge of this company and certainly did not do business with them. Googling the company name turns up a long list of complaints such as those posted on this board. Although Amazon.com Visa would not comment on Auto Vantage charges, the card issuer had no problem in immediately removing the charge from my account. Kudos to Amazon... Krudos to Auto Vantage. Hope somebody locks this outfit up for good.

• Pa
      8th of Mar, 2008

I have never contacted or searched the site until now AFTER a bill appears on my credit card

• Zo
      1st of Aug, 2008

I just received a letter in the mail today explaining my membership to a place I have never heard of called AutoVantage. I don't have any form of transportation, nor do I have the money to pay for these "services" (despite their claims, they offer very little), so I called to cancel my membership. No matter what I said, they wouldn't cancel it for me. All they would do is extend my trial! Thankfully, they haven't taken any of my money [yet], but this is an outrage. Save yourself some time and just call your credit card issuer directly and have them put a block on any charges from this company.

• Li
      24th of Oct, 2008

Bank of AMERICA, my bank :( is promoting this company. One more mark to shame America`s name eh !!! This is pasted from their secure website incase anyone needs to know how to contact this COmpany in the future GOOD LUCK. Thought m this bank woukd have researched this alot better. Of course, unexpected charges result in more fee`s DAH !!!
    "Accepting this offer will result in a charge or debit to your account in the amount of $11.99 per month for a membership in AutoVantage unless you cancel within the 30-day Trial Offer period. To cancel, you must call Trilegiant, the provider of AutoVantage, at 1.888.245.0361 within 30 days of the date you receive your Membership Fulfillment Materials. Trilegiant will not have to ask you for "

1st of Dec, 2008

I recently made a purchase from FragranceNet.com for a couple of bottles of perfume for my wife and daughter for Christmas. Three days later I received a $5.00 check in the mail from FragranceNet.com. No reason for the check, just "CHECK ENCLOSED" on the cover. The front of the check is drawn on JP Morgan Chase and it is a real negotiable device - I could cash it if I chose to. The kicker is the endorsement statement on the back. If I were to sign the check and cash it, I would be liable for a membership in the Auto Vantage Club for $149.99 annually unless I were to cancel during the 30 trial membership period. This could be one way that you unknowingly registed with Auto Vantage for their program. It may not have been FragranceNet.com, but another vendor helping in this scam.

4th of Dec, 2008

I made several purchases from FragranceNet. They sent an offer to ALL the people I bought gifts for, saying those people could cash the $5 check, but the credit card on file (mine) would be charged the $149 annually.

FragranceNet says It's not their problem, and I'm supposed to find all 50 to 100 people I bought gifts for, and tell them don't cash the $5 check.

This "offer" is being run by AutoVantage 866 584 2456

The contact at Fragrancenet is pkapla@fragrancenet.com

• Sh
      19th of May, 2009

I just got a charge of 12.99 from Auto vantage on my account after my bank sent me a debit card that I never signed up for, and thought I couldn't get one cause my credit is shot with them.

I don't have any money in the account and due to overdraft fees it has caused a 48.04 overage. I'm broke I can't afford this.

Bank:
    Charter One

• Cr
      25th of Aug, 2009

I found a charge for $160 on my credit card for Autovantage - a company I had never heard of. I called. After being disconnected by membership the first time, I was able to talk to someone. I learned that I had "signed up" by cashing a check from Miles Kimball - a company I have done business with for years. I cashed the check as I had a refund from them earlier in the year and assumed it was related to that - BIG MISTAKE. Evidently there was fine print on the back saying that if I cashed the check, I was signing up for Autovantage. Interesting how Autovantage signed me up but didn't send me membership information telling me of their wonderful service. I certainly have a problem with a company who has to gain members by deceit - and I have a problem with what I thought was a trustworthy company who has become part of the scam. When I called Miles Kimball the girls told me she would "put my complaint out there" whatever that means! I am not usually taken in by these scams. As I said, if I had not returned an item to them in January, I would not have been taken in this time!

• Of
      30th of Oct, 2009

Huge scam. I called my CC fraud department and asked officially disputed the charge. I also had my CC carrier cancel the card that was scammed and had them reissue a new card with a new number.
    Hope this helps.

• Pe
      21st of Mar, 2010

I joined AutoVantage over a year ago, and have tried numerous times to get a legitimate discount at auto venders such a tires, auto service centers, brakes, alignment, collision centers...all for naught. In each case the vender tried to get AutoVantage on the phone prior to or at the time of the auto service, however in each case the AutoVantage customer service representative gave the vender the "run around" and stated for that specific service the customer would need to keep all receipts, pay the full bill and send in a letter to AutoVantage for their review and "possible review" and rebate on the service.

A complete ripoff...and they are charging me $89.99 every six months...for no service. I will try to cancel the membership and get a refund of the money paid !!!

• Br
      8th of Jun, 2010

this is not a scam you have to read the offers its not there fault humans are dumb and don't read the complete term and services of the offers and the services are available and they are great and people just dont read the check offers and the gift card offers bc you guys ARE STUPID READ THEN IT WONT WONT BE FRAUD!!!

22nd of Jun, 2010

I received information about AutoVantage with the promo that if I signed up with them I would receive two (2) Wal-Mart gift cards totaling $40 and could cancel my subscription with them at any time.

I received the gift cards and immediately called and cancelled as I had not received anything else of any sort from them. A couple of days ago I came to the realization that it has been a year now from when I cancelled the "account" I had with them. I note that, as I also recently came to the realization that there was a "Point of Purchase Sale" that was taking $14.99 from my checking account each and every month. I only became aware of this when it caused an overdraft to my account which then also caused a $35 overdraft fee.

When I called AutoVantage to complain, I was asked when it was that I had cancelled and what the CONFIRMATION NUMBER was for the cancellation. HAS ANYBODY ELSE EVER HEARD OF A CONFIRMATION NUMBER FOR A CANCELLATION??!!?? Within 5 minutes of asking me for that, "Darryl" asked for it again...obviously attempting to handle the call by using the traditional flow-chart cookie-cutter responses to my call. Before FINALLY cancelling the "account", however, he had the nerve to try to send me "$80 in 'bill buster' certificates that could be used on my choice of utility bills over the next year." He said he would send them to me within 7-10 business days...my reaction was to laugh scoffingly as all I'd ever received were the Wal-Mart gift cards...no "membership packet", no "membership card", not even the "account renewal notice". How was I to expect the bill-buster certificates if I got nothing else but anywhere from $14.99 to nearly $50 taken from my checking account by them each and every month???

• Po
      12th of Oct, 2010

I have the same problem, I called them at 888-245-0361, got a "cancellation" number and was told by a supervisor that I would receive 4 months worth of membership dues back. Problem is, I paid for 12 months of a service I never received a "membership packet" for nor the supposed Wal Mart gift cards! I'm currently on hold with Bank of America, as I want all monies previously paid back. The a**holes!

• Up
      6th of Dec, 2010

I got a check in the mail of what i thought at the time was for redeeming my points from my credit card. I did not notice a charge until almost a year later becuase i was just trying to pay off my credit card, and i noticed that one month that the balance did not go down... It is a scam between the cc companies and auto vantage... i'm sure the cc companies get compensated in some way but risking customers loyalty... my cc co is House Hold Bank... Very upset customer.. :/

• Ro
      18th of Jan, 2011

Bank of america sends me offers for autovantage all the time. You sign up and get 2 $20 visa gift cards (used to be 2 walmart gift cards). I sign up every now and then and make sure I cancel before the trial period is over. I've never had problems contacting them or canceling. Even if I forget to cancel - and the charge shows up on my BofA card, I just call and ask to cancel and remove the charge. I always get my $40 too! :-)

• Nn
      10th of Feb, 2011

AutoVantage: what a scam marketing come-on! In the initial promo offer, there is language similar to "Remember, all this (program's benefits) plus, 10, 000 Wyndham points BONUS after you send in for the 30 day trial..." Well, after signing up for the trial, I learned that the 10, 000 points bonus is ONLY after you have paid for two months active membership. My, my, aren't AutoVantage writers clever! I IMMEDIATELY cancelled. If the company is this dishonest and misleading with the original offer (to get you to sign up) then, I can just imagine how the clever AutoVantage language con-artists are snaking other facets of the program. WHAT A SCAM!

13th of Apr, 2011

Horrible company. Misrepresentation. Bait n Switch. I was persuaded to go with this company over AAA and did so after confirming that the service would be ready to use IF I enrolled online. I was told "yes", so I did. I then called the road assistance number to arrange for a tow (the reason i joined today) and discovered how sneaky this company really was. I ultimately spent a cumulative 4 hours back and forth with reps, customer service in my attempts to have my tow "approved". Even though I had immediately received a confirmation email which included a membership number and language that said that my online enrollment was successful and "now active" I was told repeatedly that i would need to wait 24-72 hours BEFORE i could use this thing. Tech support and one supervisor seemed to be the only ones actually able to view my a/c in THEIR system. Had they simply said at any point BEFORE i joined OR when i received my welcoming email that there was a wait period involved it perhaps would not have been so vexing. It took an additional hour to get the anyone and right party on the line to cancel the account. But that may have only happened once i compared their practices to Vonage and threatened a call to the FCC and delivery of h ee double hockeysticks to their doors.

• Fi
      17th of Apr, 2011

I signed with AutoVantage after my bank Bank of America send me promotion for it service. I canceled it during the try time. And now after 1 month that I cancel they charged me $14.95.
    What I am going to do and advise everybody, file a Small Claim Court for damages against AutoVantage and Bank Of America.
    To find out where to sent Small Court paper log on on your State page and find which Law Firm represent it. Small Claim Court will also help to find where to sent paper.
    It is work, I won cases against Bank of America, Wells Fargo Bank. They even settle before going to court and pay all court expenses and damage which I sued them