Auto Vantage / charges that are not authorized

United States Review updated:
charges were billed to my acct without my authorization. I had to call 10 times to get thru as they had no representative available.

Comments

Ta
  15th of May, 2009
The same thing has happened to my Dad who is a senior citizen and lives on a fixed income. Recently our Mom pasted away and I took over paying his bills. He had a Fingerhut bill that I paid off so he would have extra money during the month. I paid his account off in October 2008. In Dec 2008 this Auto Vantage Company which I never heard of charged his account for 59.99. Since I knew nothing about this, I didn't think anymore about it, thinking he was squared away on this account. So the mail he received from Fingerhut he thought was advertisements and threw them away. Today May 15th, 2009 I got the mail and wondered why a yellow letter from Fingerhut was in there so I opened it. It showed a balance of 109.34 and his account was seriouly past due. So I called Fingerhut to see what was going on and they told me the account had been paid off but the charge for Auto Vantage was causing him to have late fees on top of their charge. She gave me the number to call and cancel the account. I was confused because I had never heard of this before now. I called Auto Vantage, which I felt stupid because I really didn't even know who I was calling. When he told me what services they provided I knew my father never signed up for any thing like that. He had no need for those services. When they told me it was a service that was added to his account and then if he didn't want it he would have to canel it and that he never did. So, that gave them the right to keep charging away, I was furious. He never even knew he had it tacked on let alone know he was suppose to cancel it. I think this is wrong to do anyone like this, how dare them! How many people have they ripped off doing this. Something ought to be done. No wonder this country is in such terrible shape. It's companies like this that are taking advantage of hard working people and unsuspecting senior citizens. I'm not saying what they do isn't a good service, it's the way they are doing it.
The blame is not all Auto Vantage's I feel Fingerhut should protect their customer from this type of dirty dealings.

Auto Vantage Logo Auto Vantage