Auto Repair Warranty, Auto Repair Group / Best warranty co i've dealt with

United States, Ohio, Fairview Park Review updated:
Auto Repair Warranty inc
Fairview Park
i found auto repair warranty online and i found they are based close to my town. i purchased warranties for myself and my son. we both have jeeps and the price and coverage was exactly what i was shopping for. My sont used his warranty before i did and let me tell you, i've never dealt w such down to earth people. something with his 4 wheel drive stopped working. we got it towed and early the next morning we got it authorized and he got his jeep back the next day. we've dealt w other warranty companies from the internet and by far auto repair warranty is 5 star. i'd recommend this company to anyone!

D  22nd of Apr, 2009 by
Bigest rip off ever!
They have held my car up for & days now! Won't purchase the dealer part because it is "too expensive" so they result to a junk yard. Parts comes to the shop and it is cracked! Now another junk yard part is purchased.
D  8th of May, 2009 by
I also have a warranty with Auto Repair Group aka Auto Repair Warranty, Inc. and i've never in a million years had any kind of problems with the company, owners, or employees. I've been with them for 3 years so far and i have another 3 years to go. I've made a handful of claims and sure sometimes not everything is covered but what was listed on my contract was fully covered and followed thru with on a timely basis. They arent an INSURANCE company.. I had a similiar problem with the "used parts" and its not always used.. they do get OEM parts that the dealer gets at a much cheaper price. You have to remember who the enemy is here.. the auto shop!! Ultimately by them actually getting the part i saved around $400 on the total bill. Just be careful what you read, disgruntled customers are surely to bad mouth something when they didnt get their way! Recommend this company to anyone!
D  2nd of Jul, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
ooooo please! wat a crock of ...--- never yet has there been anything timely about this company except taking my money for the warranty which has been a joke! If a part isn't covered...too bad, never mind that it is a main connector or part of what is covered and that is the problem...stated in there own written policy. And how nice they are to talk to you in the beginning. Well my theory is I hope they rot! You bet I will use there roadside assistance...they can tow me all the way from Oregon to South Carolina!!!

Disagree Disagree Disagree Disagree Disagree Disagree Disagree Disagree
A  16th of Jul, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
ARW is a scam. I know someone who has an arbitration judgment against them and they won't pay. Now they just refuse arbitration. They are thieves!
A  13th of Aug, 2009 by
DON'T BUY THEIR AUTO REPAIR WARRANTY!!! On their web site under "about us" they promote that they will pay a claim directly to the repair facility. NOT... Before my car even had any work done Auto Repair Warranty LLC. had to send an inspector out to verify that I truly did need my transmission fixed. They never delt with the repair facility directly never returned any of their calls. In all the car set at the repair facility for a week before the work could be started. Auto Repair Warranty said that they would provide a rebuilt transmission for much lower price than my repair facility was going to charge (that's ok but I had no idea where this transmission was coming from or where it had been setting) or that they would pay for the lower amount and I would pay the difference. I took this option because I new that my transmission was being rebuilt and that my repair facility would provide me an additional 50K 3 year warranty on it. Thinking that they would honor my opening sentence above. They didn't they said that I would have to pay the entire amount up front and that they would send me a check for their amount. Well after many, many excuses from the Michael Petruziello the president of this company on why I haven't received my check I finally received a check from the company 6 weeks later. Great news you say, well you would think so. I deposited the check on a Friday and by the following Wednesday the check bounced and my bank charged me a fee for the bounced check. So now I'm still out the amount from Auto Repair Warranty LLC and the fee that I had to pay. At the time of me writing this note the president of the company has assured me that the funds plus the fee would be wired into my checking account today. I won't hold my breath... If you don't believe me check them out at the Better Business Bureau and you will see why their company has a rating of D. Don't make the same mistake that I did read the report and stay far away, stay very far away.

Auto Repair Group, LLC
(888) 645-5040
21300 Lorain Road, Suite 2
Fairview Park, OH 44126
A  21st of Oct, 2009 by
I made the huge mistake of purchasing a warranty from Auto Repair Warranty and am doing everything in my power to warn others not to make the same mistake. It can take days before a claim is approved or denied (and usually its the latter). In the rare cases where they do approve claims they take for ever to send the check. My mechanic told me that of all the car repair warranty companies that he deals with ARW is by far the hardest to work with and the slowest to pay up. It took him 3 weeks to get a reimbursement for $45. I really feel sorry for the guy above whose check from ARW bounced. My guess is that their profit margins are probably really tight and the economic meltdown of 2008 probably did significant damage to their portfolio. Thus it will probably even be less likely that they'll honor claims, although I don't know if they could get much worse. The way their claims deptartment personnel treat you makes me think this company might actually be a front for the mob. Fairfiew Park is a suburb of the mob stronghold of Cleveland, so this isn't really too far fetched.

To be fair, I will say that they did pay for a roadside service claim I made. But even then the whole process of getting help was comical. When I called the 800 number I got a voicemail and left a message. A nice gentlemen called me back within 15 minutes and after I described my situation he proceeded to tell me that he would begin calling tow truck companies in my area to find out "who was the most affordable" and then he would arrange payment and call me back. Excuse me? I'm stranded on the freeway with my 2 small children and you're telling that you need to find a tow truck that won't break the bank? I just paid you guys $1600 dollars for my policy and I'm calling in a $100 tow truck claim, but you want to search around first to save $20??? Is this a joke?
A  5th of Jan, 2010 by
Wow, Auto Repair Group fixed, "something wrong in the 4 wheel drive" that is unsurpassed service from a company like that! Not mention a "D" rating with the BBB which is not an "F" so they can't be all that bad...OK, laughing aside, they got my money too, left me stranded (at least not with two kids) and kept my car in the shop for 6 WEEKS before repairing the vehicle!
N  17th of Jan, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
POS company. Owner is a ###.
N  20th of Jan, 2010 by
Auto Repair Group are ripoffs. Try calling them today.. All phone numbers disconnected or no longer in service. Left me hanging with a $500+ bill to get my car back after they issued a Repair Auth number.
A  22nd of Jan, 2010 by
I'm out $300 on a claim they haven't paid. Can't reach them by telephone or email. Although, their webiste is still sending out auto replies for quotes.
A  27th of Jan, 2010 by
Auto Repair Group is a company that should have never been established in the first place. I had a break down where my starter was dragging and the ck engine light was staying on. I took the car into the dealership and it needed a starter. Ford call the company and told them the car would not start and it needed a starter. Auto RepairGroup refused to fix the car. I ended up buying a starter and getting it installed myself. They stated that the car needed to be stopped on the road and not being able to drive into the dealersship. This was a poor excuse for a company. Then to just up and close the doors without a word.What about my warranty I thought I had on my car for 5 years 60, 000. miles. I paid 1500.00 for. This is just terrible. no refund.? I just paid it out.
A  27th of Jan, 2010 by
I'm out my warranty money, I just signed up a few months ago, they should be bonded, has anyone checked that out, I tried to get the Attorney General for Ohio, but was on the phone for 20 minutes and still couldn't get anyone, if anyone finds out anything, please contact me at junodale@gmail.com
Dale Wakefield
N  29th of Jan, 2010 by
UPDATE: I was further researching ARW on /link removed/ and came across an attorney in Seattle Washington that is looking to talk to anyone who purchased and aftermarket repair warranty from Auto Repair Warranty or Group. He is presently investigating if there are any assets to go after in a possible class action suit. If you are interested he is Bill Sherman of Sherman Leary PLLC bill@shermanleary.com or shermanleary.com

/URL removed/

Hope this helps... Steve LaBranche
N  30th of Jan, 2010 by
Please read the following, I found some information regarding Auto Repair Warranty. This may be of help to some of you. Just some background info... I put in a claim for the first time ever since owning this warranty (2006). I called on 1/16/10 and for a week they have disconnected their phones. No email responses, I sent a fax, and certified letters. NOTHING, in the way of a response. I have two warranties with them (I just purchased the second in September 2009), over $4000 purchased and I have yet to receive service. I'm in the process of going through my credit card company which I used for payment, to try and get a refund of both warranties. I have read other posts and realize that these people are CHEATS and Thieves! The people who run this company should be thrown in jail for theft! I advise anyone who is in this situation (and I'm sure more and more people will soon realize their warranties are worth nada, including the one's who had positive experiences), to take action against Auto Repair Warranty. Even if the warranty was purchased a while back as was the case with my first warranty purchase in 2006, if it was purchased through a credit card, you may have some recourse at getting a portion of a refund. Because services are not rendered for a warranty that is still in effect. Again, I advise anyone who used this Fraudulent company to take action! FILE WITH THE BBB, FTC, OHIO STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL, CONSUMER COMPLAINTS, AND IF POSSIBLE GET A LAWYER. AS OF A COUPLE DAYS AGO, THEY ARE NOW OPERATING UNDER DIFFERENT COMPANIES (YES, THERE'S MULTIPLE COMPANIES ATTACHED TO THE NAME MICHAEL PETRUZIELLO ALL DEALING WITH AUTO WARRANTY COMPANIES AND ALL APPARANTLY STILL OPERATING), SAME PRESIDENT MICHAEL PETRUZIELLO IN OHIO. THE AUTO REPAIR WARRANTY WEBSITE HAS BEEN CHANGED, BUT STILL USING THE SAME WEB ADDRESS!!! CHECK AND YOU WILL SEE. ALSO GO CHECK OUT THE CLEVELAND BBB TYPE IN AUTO REPAIR WARRANTY & TRAVELERS AUTO WARRANTY AND VEHICLE SUPPORT THEY ARE ALL CONNECTED, JUST CHECK THE BBB. ALSO DO A SEARCH ON MICHAEL PETRUZIELLO (BOTH FATHER AND SON DIFFERENT MIDDLE INITIAL) THERE ARE LEGAL ISSUES WITH THESE CROOKS FOR SELLING IN THE STATE OF WASHINGTON, WHICH IS FORBIDDEN. THEY ARE SCAMMING PEOPLE! I WAS FORTUNATE TO GET A CONTACT NUMBER FOR MICHAEL R. PETRUZIELLO (THE SON) LAST WEEK HE ANSWERED THE PHONE BY SAYING "TRAVELERS AUTO WARRANTY" HE THEN PROCEEDED TO YELL AT ME (MIND YOU HE FIRST DENIED HAVING ANY KNOWLEDGE OF AUTO REPAIR WARRANTY, BUT THEN QUICKLY CHANGED HIS TUNE) AND THEN TOLD ME TO STOP WASTING MY TIME & MONEY AND THAT I HAVE NO CASE. I TOLD HIM TO GET A LAWYER!
A  3rd of Feb, 2010 by
Auto Repair Group,
Don't look here they are no where to be found. I filed complaints with BBB and Attorney Generals office. The Attorney Generals Office seems to care less. Maybe the District Attorney office there would be interested in arresting them all based on, Mail Fraud, theft by deception, Fraud by wire (mail and telephone) . Seems may complaints but nothing to make them pay for warranty work authorized. Should have know that "PAUL" was a big BULL ### ARTIST" when quote, my re-imbursement check was suppose to come and didn't he replied " Oh, I see it went to the wrong zip code" LOL Like it wouldn't get there. followed by "I will reissue a check today". Of what day, year univerise don't know NEVER RECEIVED IT. So arrest them and seize there assets until all are paid. Wake up ATTORNEY GENERAL, protect teh people you serve and go after them. John New York
N  17th of Feb, 2010 by
Another warranty holder here to find out that there is no security in any agreement that you sign & no protection from our government either.
A  23rd of Feb, 2010 by
I too have been dupped, i have contacted my cc company in hopes of recouping my funds as i purchased this "warranty", as i use the term loosely last july. i called the number today only to discover that the number was out of service. i attempted to do a claim a month or so ago and was told that the same b.s as everyone else, they do not cover the part. well needless to say today was the last straw, i want my money all $1800 of it. disgusted in dallas
D  3rd of May, 2010 by
Worst Warranty Company in the world!! Maybe they'll finally get theirs. Check this out... http://www.shermanleary.com/AutoRepairWarranty
D  24th of Jan, 2012 by
Don't buy anything from these piece of ### father and son businesses. Total rip off
FYI: Do a predator search for Michael F. Petruziello or Michael R. Petruziello in the Ohio area. No shocker with the results that come back.