Auto Portfolio Services / no contact

1 Farmington, NM, United States Review updated:

I had a car loan with Peak5 and to my surprise when i went to make my payment this month i found out they were out of business. I have been trying to get ahold of the new company Auto Portfoliio Service with no luck. The phone number just rings and rings and the website is no longer any good. If someone has a clue how to contact these people i'm listening.

Wj

Comments

• Pe
      7th of Aug, 2009

We are in the same boat!!! We have been trying to contact Peak5, Centrix and Flatiron regarding payment on our account. No LUCK... I went to their site here recently and was advised that I had to contact another # due to the fact that they are no longer in business...No NOTICE GIVEN AT ALL...I am highly upset, I have numerously tried contacting the # that was provided on their site, no luck either busy-800# or the # just rings. I finally received a invoice for payment stating I was over 1500.00 past due from a company name APS, we are in outrage I contacted the company and they are telling me I have to research payment that I paid. I have not received an invoice in 2 months from Peak5 however they have been getting my money. I am not sure of this company APS I will be doing some research I am not so sure of this company, r they FLATIRON, CENTRIX, PEAK5 as you meantioned above there are no other method of payments. On my statement I received today in the mail, the statement is showing due date 05/06/2009. Is there anything we can report regarding this issue and to whom? I will be contacting the BBB. If any information please email us at own2u2003@yahoo.com.

• 0 Votes

Last payment I made was for June . It was when July Peak 5 went under. I guess because website said will no longer accept payments. Finally I got a call from Crystal auto portfolio services. I said I will not just give a payment over the phone. I need to see the actual statement from the company. I just got it few days ago. TODAY I CANT EVEN GET THROUGH 1877-761-3111. Does anybody know whats going on. Joy 702 204 8864

• El
      10th of Aug, 2009

Your best bet is to make a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission as I did today. I work too damn hard to be sending off money to some fly by night company, and yes these are all the same companies. Don't be fooled. The FTC will investigate further if there are enough complaints.
    They're contact number is 877-382-4357. Don't bother with anyone else, like the Sec. of State, Attorney General, Banking & Finance ect. I have already called them and they all said I needed to file a complaint with the FTC. And not only that APS, Peak 5, Flatiron, and Centrix most likely never had a license or permission to collect money from you in your state, as they weren't in the state I reside in. I think my next step is to contact a class action attorney...I'm sick of playing these cat and mouse games.

11th of Aug, 2009

I think several of us are in the same boat. I made my June payment and never received a July statement. To my surprise I went online to find out the company went out of business. I never received a July statement and a couple of days ago I received a statement in the mail from Auto Portfolio Services asking for two payments. To add to this there is no balance of what I owe on the statement, nor did it reflect my June payment. I think we all need to ensure we do our part with contacting the Federal Trade Commission with our complaints. I will not send any money to anyone until I have a legal binding documents that proves this company is legally able to collect my money and provide proof of my title.

• Rb
      12th of Aug, 2009

Folks I am right there with you... and with 4 payments to go... Not to mention the last one that I sent in that this new company is saying was never added to my account...

I am filing with the Better Business Burea

• Rb
      12th of Aug, 2009

Folks, I did find a website at: http://www.autoportfolioservices.com.

I sent an email there as well.

• Jh
      8th of Sep, 2009

i agree this is ridiculous, i havent been able to contact anyone and really am in fear of the fact that because they are not able to take care of business do i run the risk of my car being repossesed, this is my wifes transportation and because they are not doing what they are suppose to do is putting us all in a bad situation, times are to hard to just give money away with no proof of where its going . has anyone ever paid off a car with these people and received a clear title ?

• Ca
      8th of Mar, 2010

I am in the same boat, my payments were on time or just ahead with Peak5, then in august of 09 I recieved a invoice for 2 payments and I paid them. but every invoice shows that I owe 2 payment, now I sent feb payment in and it is now march and they are still calling me for that payment, they have not cashed the check, but the march payment is due. It is also not showing on my credit report that I have a car loan.

• Ty
      13th of Jan, 2011

IM'M NOT SURE IF PEOPLE ARE STILL COMPLAINING ABOUT THIS BUSINESS, BUT I GOT BEHIND IN MY CAR PAYMENT DUE TO A FINANCIAL CRISIS. MY ACCOUNT WAS PUT INTO COLLECTIONS BUT THEN I PAID IT CURRENT. THE SAD PART ABOUT IT IS THAT IM STILL IN COLLECTIONS. EVERYTIME I CALL THEY PUT INTO COLLECTION VOICE MAIL. I LEAVE A MESSAGE AND NO ONE CALLS BACK! THE ONE TIME THAT I DID SPEAK TO "JUSTIN" HE DIDNT EVEN HAVE MY PAYMENT DATE RIGHT STILL SAYING I OWE MONEY! WHAT IS THIS COMPANY REALLY ABOUT?

2nd of Feb, 2011

They are saying that you still owe money because they do not hold liens on these autos and they know that when you pay it off, they will not have a title to give you. You need to demand proof of a title and pay no more money!!!

• Am
      8th of Feb, 2011

Centrix, Flatiron, Peak5, and Autoportfolio services do not report to the credit bureaus either, but soon after autoportfolio services received my account I paid it off and yes I did receive my title a month later.

• Lo
      17th of Oct, 2011

I originally had a loan with Centrix then sold to FlatIron. Never heard of Peak 5. Apparently they all went out of business. I have been paying to a company called the Professional Bureau of Collections located in Englewood, CO. Checked my credit report and this Auto Portfolio Service is on my TransUnion only for the original amount of the car loan but it just appeared/reported in Feb. 2011. Has anyone had a resolution? I don't want to give anyone payments anymore. It seems as though they are all scams.