Auto Parts Warehouse / Terrible customer service!

Auto Parts Warehouse takes inept customer service to a new low. I attempted to place an order for a part for a 2006 vehicle and they were going to send me a part for a 2001-05 model year. I told the person taking the order over six times that there is a different body style for the 2006 model versus the earlier vehicle. The genius merely typed in 2006 tail lens assembly and was going to ship me the wrong part. It should be interesting to see how long it takes to receive a refund. If you are reading this prior to ordering your part from these idiots then do yourself a favor and don't walk... run!

Comments

• De
      13th of Dec, 2007
    Auto Parts Warehouse - Great job!
    Auto Parts Warehouse
    Massachusetts
    www.autopartswarehouse.com

I have long been a online customer and experienced a lot of frauds and scams from sites so I found it hard to trust any sites with my card. Reading the positive reviews of Auto Parts Warehouse, I thought I might give it a try. And I was never wrong with that decision. Good job for APW!

• Va
      18th of Jul, 2008
    Auto Parts Warehouse - They gave not what i needed
    Auto parts warehouse
    Carson
    California
    autopartswarehouse.com

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET A NUMBER.

FOR A WEEK NOW.

GIVING ME THE RUN AROUND.

NOT GIVING ME RETURN AUTHORIZATION NUMBER ON A PART I WANT TO RETURN.

THE PART IS NOT WHAT I NEED, IT IS NOT THE CORRECT PART FOR MY CAR.

• To
      3rd of Sep, 2008

This company is totally unorganized. I have been on the phone with 4 different people giving them the SAME INFORMATION about the parts that I wanted to return. I received two wrong parts and have not yet been given a "return authorization number." Why they need a return authorization number is beyond me. Most companies simply send a mailing label through email, no questions asked. This has taken me two weeks, and I have gotten nowhere. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!

• By
      13th of Nov, 2008

I JUST got off the phone with a customer service representative and it was the WORST experience ever! Ordered the wrong part from the website and now need to refund the merchandise. The part cost 87.22 from the start and they are charging me a 17.44 RESTOCKING fee to place the stupid part BACK on the shelf! Not only that I have to PAY for the shipping MYSELF! What a freaking joke these people are! I'm "generously" credited back 69.78, which will take (according to the RMA) approximately 4 weeks to get back.

Wait...it gets better...All the customer service agent could tell me while I explained to him how stupid and ###ed this all seemed was "Yes...we charge a re-stocking fee". After he said that repetitively like 4 STRAIGHT times I had to hang up on him, because it spounded like a human recording machine! And here's the kicker! I can not send the package back in the original box! LMAO! I have to find a box to send it back in or they will not accept my refund if it comes back in the original box. Some companies do not need to be in business, and if they keep up this practice then it won't be long before they fold.

DO NOT (I implore you) further finance this organization, because although I ordered another *correct* part from them (before returning this part), I haven't placed it on my car yet, and I'm PRAYING" this is the right part for my car. This is my first post ever about customer service and a company that's done me wrong, so I am REALLY upset about these clowns. Buyer beware...

• Tx
      4th of Jun, 2014

I am restoring a 2000 ford ranger after a pot smoker/junkie used it as his crack den, and I ordered a "custom carpet" which was described as an "Exact Fit" for the truck. Surprise, surprise it doesn't fit and I called Monday and got the return started. I was promised that I wasn't going to be charged a restocking fee and they would also send me a shipping label. As of this morning it still hadn't come in so I am calling them back. After I was unable to communicate to the call center in the Philippines I asked for customer service representatives in the United States and they don't have one! I am on the phone with them right now and they have me waiting for 15 minutes to speak with another manager that I probably won't be able to communicate with. I am calling to get the shipping labels emailed to me and when they sent the return confirmation they showed me as having a restocking fee!.. I don't mind jumping through their hoops of putting the part in another box, but I am not paying $30+ dollars in shipping and another $35 in restocking fee. I am only purchasing parts from the other company I have used 1aauto.com!