Auto Parts Warehouse / DISHONEST, LIES ABOUT STOCK, SHIPMENTS AND DISCOUNTS

United States Review updated:
AUTOPARTSWAREHOUSE IS NOT HONEST.

They lie about stock on their website, update your order so you believe the order is complete and shipping, and then give excuses about why the order is incomplete.

Don't bother with the 800 number, you may think it's better to have someone to talk to, but NOT when it's someone in India with a script, and a very annoying script at that. They'll promise you everything on the phone in the sales department, but none of it matches the customer service rap for AFTER sale support. I even asked about the return policy and had a sales guy telling me they never charge restocking fees, even as I was reading him the site's policy page. This policy page can't be easily found from any links on the site, I found it only by googling the site with some keywords like restocking fee

AUTOPARTSWAREHOUSE HAS THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE YOU COULD EXPECT.

Here's a run down of my order experience:
I ordered 4 items, rotors and pads for both front and rear axles. The rub was with the front pads. everything else arrived but the front pads, despite the website and MULTIPLE phone calls promising the order was completely filled and shipping. During this whole fiasco, the part showed as in stock on their website.

ITEM SHOWN AS IN STOCK DURING THE ORDER

ITEM SHOWN AS SHIPPED 1 DAY LATER

ORDER SHOWN AS COMPLETE

OPENED THE BOX AT THE BRAKE SHOP TO FIND NO FRONT PADS.

WAS LATER TOLD BY THE 1-800 INDIAN THAT ITEM WAS OUT OF STOCK

WHEN ASKED WHY IT SHOWED AS IN STOCK DURING MY ORDER THE 1-800 INDIAN SAID THERE WAS ONE IN STOCK AT TIME OF ORDER BUT IT WAS DAMAGED.

WHEN ASKED WHY I WAS NOT INFORMED OF THIS IN A TIMELY MANNER SO THAT I COULD MAKE ALTERNATE ARRANGEMENTS, THE THE 1-800 INDIAN FLAT OUT LIED AND SAID I HAD BEEN SENT AN EMAIL A DAY EARLIER(THE EMAIL ARRIVED 2 HOURS AFTER OUR CONVERSTATION).

WHEN ASKED WHY IT SHOWED AS IN STOCK DURING OUR PHONE CALL, THE 1-800 INDIAN SAID "I DON'T UNDERSTAND YOU," AND SOMEHOW, WE WERE DISCONNECTED.

TODAY, FIVE DAYS AFTER THEY SHORTED MY SHIPMENT, ITEM STILL SHOWS AS IN STOCK!

APW HAS A LOT TO LEARN ABOUT HONESTY AND CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Comments

Co
  12th of Dec, 2008
This company appears to be based in Trenton, NJ. Many seem to share the feeling it has been defrauding people for some time.

It scammed my son on a car part he ordered that never was shipped. I'm ordering elsewhere now, but my credit card company won't give me assurance it won't stick me with Auto Parts Warehouse's charge too in the end. Federal mail-order law requires delivery within 30 days or an order must be considered canceled and cash refunded within 7 days. The law requires credit card purchases to be credited back in the immediate next billing cycle.

I am filing a complaint with the New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs in the Office of the New Jersey Attorney General, who has the power to file an injunction to prevent this company from doing further business. I advise everyone here to do the same.

I'm including Barclay credit card in my complaint, because its representative, Margaret, would pursue this only as a temporary dispute, with no promise credit will be permanent despite records I have in hand showing Auto Parts Warehouse posted the charge Nov. 11 and as of Dec. 11 shows shipping status as "not shipped." I wonder if Barclay knows from other complaints thaht this is a sketchy company and hopes to fool me into thinking it has no power to credit the purchase, even if it's Barclay's loss.

Laws are meaningless if we don't hold feet to the fire to enforce them.

Go here to file a complaint: http://www.nj.gov/oag/ca/ocp/ocpform.htm
Co
UNITED STATES
800 859-0923
Mi
  20th of Apr, 2009
Autopartswarehouse.com sent me the incorrect part for the wrong year vehicle. Now they son't exchange it for the correct part b/c it's past it's 90-day return window. I'll have to ebay the part and they can kiss my rear of ever getting my business again. There are quite a few websites out there that all point back to the same seller. i wonder why they need so many websites...

autopartswarehouse.com - 1-800-859-0923 (I think this is the main site.)
autopartsauthority.com - 1-800-458-0036