Auto One Warranty Specialists / Refund

1 310 Commerce, 92602Irvine, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 18889787709

I recieved a phone call from this company and recieved a flyer in the mail promising car auto warrenty for a low monthly rate. They talked to me it sounded reasonable but, then they asked me for a check told me they couldn't call back or wait. I being in a hurry gave one ck for $200!!

I later found out they were setting my account up to be deducted monthly for this amount and I relize realistically I couldn't afford it. I called thier company spoke with a woman who said they could issue me a full refund all I had to do was write a note my name and the reason why I wanted to cancel this was the very next day after I spoke with them. I did as she instructed me to do faxed it to her. Called the next day and spoke with a man name Ryan he kept insisting that I should recieve my check within 4-8 wks. 8wks go by I call back he says Oh, well your warrenty is through America and we are just the calling center . We will send it to you it might take longer cause the checking department is in charge of that. I say ok. WAit, wait, wait.
Now, today is December 31, 2008, I got the phone call in May.

I called the superviseor or the Manger in charge of their customer service Brad Coleman [protected] ext 323 He told me he would take care of it.

Funny I can't get anyone to send me any evidence what so ever that they are sending me a check . This guy is Ryans Boss so he is more responsible .

I believe there should be a lawsuite and I should get my $200 back because they scammed me made empty promises and Never gave me anything for my money.

I called today and yesterday keep getting Brad's voice mail.

I believe this company should be found out and put OUT OF BUsiness Especially make it illegal for them to call out of state and scam people and get away with it . The Goverment needs to make state laws for Businesses and they should have to abide by them or have major Tickets to pay.

Comments

• Ou
      7th of Jan, 2009

My husband and I are going through the same thing with Auto One Warranty. We cancelled our policy in April of 2008, and are still waiting for our refund check!!! Ryan is a good at giving us the run around. Excuses are his specialty. I've found many reports about this company's practice and complaints about Ryan here and at [redacted].com. Please people.. NEVER NEVER deal with this company!!! We have filed a complaint against them with LA BBB and are planning to file a complaint with the Attorney General's office in California. We are entitled to our refund.. I don't know what their problem is..

8th of Jan, 2009

I cancelled my policy Sept 30 2008 and have made numerous attempts to reach someone at Auto One Warranty. I spoke with someone who transferred me to Ryan's voice mail. I called again in late November to follow up and again, the representative stated that my refund would be coming to me before Jan 2009. I called today and after many attempts of reaching their customer service department, finally spoke with an Anthony, who I feel was playing around and was not as pleasant a person to speak with about such matters. He made some smart remark about "doing what I got to do" and then he stated that he would give me his address if I wanted to take matters further. When I began to ask, he then smarted out some remark about not getting my money back. So at this point, if anyone wants to file suit against Auto One Warranty, let me know!!

• Ka
      20th of Jan, 2009

I purchased an extended warranty for my vehicle. I told them I was a college student, and could not afford big monthly payments. A representative named Greg said not to worry that I could put down a small down payment and cancel at any time. He said I could call him if I had any questions or concerns.

I was never able to contact him again. He left me a voicemail after I paid the deposit reassuring me again.

I went into a repair facility this morning. My car has been very shaky and is leaking. I called Auto one warranty to verify that I would be covered. I was not!!

I called today to cancel my policy and they said I would receive a prorated rate. I can't believe after spending $1, 290.87. I am just going to maybe receive some of it back in 12 weeks, but first I have to mail in a letter confirming my cancellation. How ridiculous!!! I canceled over the phone isn't that enough.

Please beware!! Don't purchase a warranty for this company. I would like to file a Class Action Suit. How can I get started?

• Pi
      22nd of Jan, 2009

WOW ... I wish I had seen this thread before I went ahead and accepted the policy that Auto One Warranty had extended to me ... My story is very similar in circumstance to the post above about me being a full time college student and me not wanting large monthly payments ... well the representative "Carmen Edwards" was amazingly nice over the phone and set me up with what I thought was a really good deal ... well it's been about 3 months since I signed up for my warranty and I hadn't received anything in the mail as far as correspondence or a warranty card or anything ... So I called and was also given to this "Anthony" who is by far one of the worst customer service representatives that I have ever had to deal with ... He made comments mocking my speech during our conversation and insisted that it was too late to get a refund, even though the company had never done anything for me thus far ... after feeling like I was going to get nowhere with him I asked to speak to a manager and was transferred to Ryan's voicemail ... so I called back and talked to Anthony yet again and was told to put everything in writing and send it in to cancel my policy ... just when I thought "it couldn't happen to me" it does ...

STAY AWAY FROM AUTO ONE WARRANTY !!!

SCAM !!!

• Fr
      31st of Jan, 2009
    Auto One Warranty Specialists - Fraud and cheating
    Auto One Warranty Specialists
    autoonewarranty.com

My report on this company is similar to the ones that are already filed. There are a couple additional things they did that ticked me off.

When I bought the warranty I was tricked into believing that there was a one time 300$ discount that I would get on the policy if I OKed it then over the phone. I was also told that if i received the warranty agreement and did not like what I saw that I could call that day and cancel and the money would be credited to my account.
    I tried to cancel that way and got voice mail and no return call. I read the fine print on the contract and realized I had to get a notarized millage report and mail it to them stating I wanted to cancel the warranty and that I had not made any claims on it. I was then informed of the ten week processing period by mail. After twelve weeks I was also promised return calls that never came. I was also told my refund was in processing and I couldn't talk to them. After this I must have been put on a caller I.D. no answer list. I knew this because when I talked to the administrator he new my name without me telling him.

They finally stopped answering my calls all together. I had to use my wife's cell phone to even get anyone to answer. When I got through I made sure 'George' new that it was my money, not there's and that they would hear from the attorney general. He said smartly 'do what you got to do'.

25th of Feb, 2009

Hey Frank,
    Why would you buy something that you would have to think of possibly canceling later that day?? Wouldn't it have been smarter to have just not made the purchase?
    Would you go to a dealership to purchase a vehicle with the thoughts of maybe returning it later?
    It seems to be a common sense type of thought process. I know for sure I wouldn't ever be duped into purchasing something like this without first thinking it through and seeing/reading the contract.

• Pa
      12th of Mar, 2009
    Auto One Warranty Specialists - Fraud, fraud, fraud
    Auto One Warranty Specialists
    autoonewarranty.com

After reading so many of the other complaints. Mine is very close to the others except, I paid my warranty in full over $2000 and then I sold my vehicle before the warranty was expired so my husband and I requested a refund. I played by the rules, I paid my payment on time every single month. When I canceled the warranty, I again played by the rules, I wrote a letter explaining everything and now I am playing the waiting game. I canceled my warranty in July of 2008, I received my letter of acknowledgment from Auto One Warranty that I was canceling my policy and that I will receive my refund of over $800 in 10 weeks!! 10 WEEKS, I think they meant to say 10 Years. I waited the ten weeks and I am still waiting. I call and speak to Ryan almost every Friday because he said that is when they process checks, and every week it is always something different. At first Ryan would say that the processing department was backed up and that the department was out to lunch at that time so he could not check with them but he would take down my name and number and he would call me back. Ryan has NEVER called me or my husband back. I can actually call in and ask to speak to Ryan, if he gets on the phone, he does not even ask for my name anymore, he nows who I am. He gives me the same run around every time I call in. I feel that I paid the monthly payments as per the terms on my contract. I fulfilled my end of the deal, now they need to do theirs and reimburse me my credit that I have coming to me. My next step is to file a claim with the BBB. This company has to be stopped!!

14th of Apr, 2009

people stay away from this company, luckily i only got scammed out of 195.00 . they will not give you a refund, dont fall for it, and this ryan guy, he is a joke .
    im not giving up on getting my 195.00 back, but i know ill never see it again. this is a big scam to take your hard earned money.

• Mi
      20th of Apr, 2009

I agree with everyone that is mad right now. Is this what we all have come to people that have no life just to sit there and sam people left and right their should be something that can be done it has to be. Because their is to much stealing is just not the way to go their are other ways to make money AND THAT 'S DOING THINGS THE RIGHT WAY THEY MAY THINK THEY GOT A WAY WITH THIS BUT GOD IS WATCHING FOR ONE THING GOD IS NOT SLEEPING.

• Bl
      20th of Apr, 2009

Wow
    I bought a new policy after they cancelled my first policy after they received 11 payments they said my my bank refused payment. I gave 125.00 down payment and monthly payment of 74 dollars .
    I cancelled after a week cause i felt something was wrong. They asked me to fax my reason for cancelling and that i would get a refund. Well so far they went ahead and took the monthly payment when it wasn't authorized, i had not set up automatic payments. I spoke with Anthony and it was a joke, he was rude and i couldn't get a straight answer regarding my refund and since then i can't even get a hold of anybody. All i can say is Auto one is a scam and they should be held accountable. Interested in class action!

• Pe
      28th of Apr, 2009

I was taken by this scam. Promised a copy of the contract for review which never arrived. When I called to cancel and request a refund, i was told to fax the request and wait 3 months for a refund.

I called my bank to file a fraud case for items/services promised and they (Chase) were able to help recover my funds.

• Bi
      6th of May, 2009

Good luck getting anything from this company. They are all a bunch of theives, and I have heard the owner is an informant for the FBI after being arrested for money laundering years ago. They pay off attorney generals in many states and basically are a model for a corrupt company. I was employed by them for a short while, you can reach them at (949) 475-9500. or directly to their sales floor at (714) 361-6585. Btw, the owners name is DAVE TABB

6th of May, 2009

Have you filed a complaint with the BBB? I've seen several hundred complaints resolved through the BBB regarding the predatory practices at Auto One.

• Sp
      14th of May, 2009

It is difficult for me to believe that this company is still in business. I purchased an auto warranty 11/10/08 and cancelled within a month after realizing this was not a service that I needed. I have sent 4 letters requesting a refund of the amount I paid for the warranty prior to cancelling which was $349.61. Based on the wording of the vehicle service contract, I should receive a refund. But to date I have received NOTHING...This company should be shut down.

• Va
      19th of May, 2009

Call these people and harass them like they do us. 949-475-9500. Call your state attorney generals office about these people.

• Va
      19th of May, 2009

Send your names and numbers to my email. I am filing a class action claim. prism1980@yahoo.com

• Kc
      27th of May, 2009

Does anyone have a copy of the service contract? I need one for the Department of Licenseing and Regulation for Texas. I must have trown mine out. I'm going through the same thing with them. I ordered one in October of 08 canceled it in November of 08 and it's almost June and still haven't recieved a refund. kcoonstx@yahoo.com. please email me if you have a copy.

2nd of Jun, 2009

I gave auto one money for there coverage. THEN I GOT TO THINKING THAT COULD NOT BE RIGHT. CALLED THEM BACK TO GET A REFUND. THEY TOLD ME IT WOULD TAKE 30DAY TO REFUND MONEY. I TRIED TO CALL 10 TIMES . GOT SOME ONE ON THE LINE . THEN HE TOLD ME 30 TO 45 DAYS. NO ONE THERE WILL SAY THE SAME THING. THEY ARE A PUT ON

• Lo
      2nd of Jun, 2009

I took my car into a kia dealership for some repairs on my a/c I gave the dealership my warranty card and they called these people and was told that I had no contract with them, Well I do . I have a warranty card and a Contract# on it and I payed down $300.00 and they have been drafting $101.68 from my checking account for 5 months. What should I do now

Louranna Cox
    Oklahoma

7th of Jun, 2009

WE TOOK OUT A POLICY IN MAY O9. WE CALLED OUR MECHANIC, HE TOLD US THAT THIS COMPANY WILL NOT PAY OUT. WE TRIED TO CANCEL THE POLICY, WERE TOLD THAT THEY PAY WITH A COMPANY CREDIT CARD. HAD TO CALL BACK TO CANCEL. WE HAVE TRIED SINCE THEN TO GET REFUND. CANNOT GET ANYONE TO ANSWER THE PHONES. THIS COMPANY IS A FRAUD. THEY TAKE ADVANTAGE OF PEOPLE. THIS COMPANY IS FULL OF LIARS. THEY DO NOT DO WHAT THEY SAY. THE PEOPLE THAT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES FOR KNOWING THAT AS THEY TALK PEOPLE INTO A POLICY THEY ARE LYING. PEOPLE HAVE A HARD TIME COMING UP WITH MONEY THIS DAY AND TIME. AND TO HAVE A COMPANY OUT AND OUT CON PEOPLE OUT OF THEIR MONEY IS SHAMEFUL.