Auto Loan / Rip-off Loan

1 GA, United States Review updated:

I gave my car title in order to obtain a loan. I payed every month the amount due plus an additional 11.00 a day if late, never paying into the loan. They have a repayment plan, but do not tell you if this repayment plan is not followed the loan will never be payed until the total plus other fees are payed in full. This is the biggest rip off of the century. I am hoping that everyone who got a title loan will report this unfair act and hopefully will in return recover money lost.And I know they will not survive due to the new law requlating these types of businesses. Just happy I got my title back and hope that I will never have to give it up again.

Comments

• Vi
      18th of Dec, 2008
    Auto Loan - Repssession after payoff!
    Chase Auto Finance
    Colorado

Chase repossessed my car after I paid off my loan IN PERSON IN CASH at one of their branches in Boulder!!!
    THEY harassed me for the life of the loan even when my check was only 2 or 3 days late.
    NEVER GET A LOAN (AUTO< HOME OR OTHER) with this company. NEVER!

• Bi
      20th of Aug, 2009

absolutely!!! i have a home mortgage with chase.. they reported a 30 day late even though i was not late.. even after i proved to them i was not 30 days late they refused to remove this from the credit bureaus report stating that " its a federal law that we cannot remove it" lol... same here on the phone calls... some times they start calling BEFORE the due date!!! i will never, never use chase for anything even if it were my only option... Do yourself a favor folks... RUN!!!11

• Me
      1st of Nov, 2010
    Auto Loan - CPS
    Consumer Portfolio Services
    Lyons
    Michigan

We have been dealing with a auto finance company for 3 yrs, we ended up voluntary surrendering vehicle due to their constant hounding us, even if one day late they would call every phone we had sometimes 2-3 times daily and even call relatives and friends stating they were "CPS calling" they are consumer portfolio services. We set up arrangements of $50 mth they said it costs US $12 extra for them to process, due each mth on the 15th, they start calling us as early as the 5th of each mth every single day threats if we do not call back and "confirm" payment on the 15th. I really wish their were a lawyer with honesty that would be willing to take this company on as a class action law suit. They need to be stopped, I agree they are "Loan Sharks" Makes me wonder if they are run by the mob.?

• Si
      11th of Apr, 2011
    Auto Loan - Harassment
    Consumer Portfolio Services
    Virginia

Consumer Portfolio Services customer service representatives are rude, nasty, and they don't care what they say to you. My loan payment was 7 day late and they called me every day harassing me about when I was going to send it. I was even told by one of them that if I pay my other bills on time that I could pay them. I told that representative that I didn't owe her nothing and that my agreement was with the bank. I have never miss a payment, it's only been late. I have asked them not to call me anymore, but that does not seem to deter them. There ought to be a way to file legal actions against them for harassment, because that's just what they are doing.

• Pr
      26th of Apr, 2011

Call and speak to Cindy Springstein.
    She is a Manager for CPS.
    (800)955-4193
    She seems to be a VERY helpful person
    Otherwise, everytime you call. get the persons name who you spoke with and inform them that you are recording the conversation

• Pr
      29th of Apr, 2011

That's where you are wrong Brenda.
    Although their job is to collect payment that were agreed upon, they also have the responsibility of being courteous & respectful.
    They do NOT have the right to be rude, nasty or undermining.
    If you read the complaints from others concerning this company you will see that over 90% of the complaints result from them being rude and nasty and NOT because they were calling to collect a payment.

• Tr
    Smyrna
    Georgia
    Phone: 770-799-1810
    unitedacceptance.com

hone in today got an agent Phillip. I explained the reason for calling. Asking about pay off amount for my account. I was informed that amount was but if I keep making payments it will be 962.00. I advised the agent that not right. He said because if the interest on my SUV. I asked to speak with manager and agent put another agent on the phone. Never talked with a manager just agents playing on phone. My loan was sold to this company and really is trying to finish my business with them. This company applied late and interest that I was not aware of. Please advise on this matter.

• Ra
      3rd of Jun, 2016
    Auto Loan - Bankrupcty
    Fifth third Bank
    Ohio

Unfortunately My wife and I had to file for Bankruptcy in July of 09 and before we did our lawyer told us that if we did not want our auto loan to be involved we would have to call Fifth Third and do a LOSS MITIGATION. So on April 7, 2017 I called and talked to the branch the loan was through and they connected me to a Kim at the bankruptcy department and was told that the loan was REAFFIRMED. She told us all the amounts and at what the interest rate would be and the pay-off date. Now at the time of Christmas we get a call from Fifth Third and they told me that the loan was in default. After making all the payments on time since we have had the van, now they want more money that we do not have. I'm on disability and my wife is on workers comp. I have to pay for all my scripts and my health coverage. I'm relay piss est off and do not know what to do. I'm sick of explaining over and over again to someone you cannot understand what they our saying.