AUTO LOAN NETWORK / Internet is loaded with more scammers than stars in the sky

This supposed company called me several times, alledging that I had been approved for an auto loan. They claimed to be based in NY, which might have been true, but observing any 866, 877 area codes among several others, which can readily be identified by the BBB, I was very wary. First of all I did not apply for any auto loan with them, or anyone else for that matter! They asked for all kinds of personal info, especially my SSN and fortunately I told them 'NO!' Nevertheless they continued to hound and harrass me about my number. Eventually I hung up on them. This is the best thing you can do. And they got the message, because they did not call back! Also, even while on the phone, I was receiving another call from them, which made me even more suspicious. Leave these folks alone. If you see them coming in the distance, or any other company like them, just turn around immediately and go the other way! Do not take a chance. Sadly the Internet is loaded with more scammers than stars in the sky!

Ne

Comments

• Se
      Jul 26, 2011

I received a call from these guys, probably for the 10th time on the same day. I was really anoyed and asked him to remove my number from the system and stop calling me. This guy immdiately became rude and started yelling at me. He also threatened me that he has my SSN# and all the inforamtion about me and he is capable of leaking these info on the public sites.

This is getting out of control. In US is there any system that would protect us from these guys.