Auto Fx / Smashed my drivers side back panel

My name is Ranay Shaw and on Saturday July 15th I brought my brand new Chevy Aveo vehicle to Auto Fx on 15th street in Panama City Florida, 32405 for window tinting I dropped it off around 2pm and returned to pick it up at 4:00 pm. to find the whole drivers side back panel smashed in. I was told by the owner they had no idea what happened to it, and that they are not responsible. They offered no sort of resolution, and mad me pay for the window tinting. The car had been parked by the owner in a place that the car would likely be hit, due to them closing off the exit of the parking lot, making it impossible for people to get out and turn around without hitting another vehicle. My insurance will cover the damage, but I believe they should pay my deductible especially since my insurance will go up after this incident.
If anyone has any input or knows if I have any rights here, please contact me.
Auto Fx phone number is [protected].

Ra

Comments

• Kp
      6th of Feb, 2009

If you were smart enough to take pictures, you've got a case. Take them to small claims court. Also, bring a few shots of the Auto before your visit to their shop. The photos don't have to be from the same day the incident occurred. Believe me, it's worth the 35 dollar court cost to give those Big-Headed jerks what they deserve. I think if it was a guy confronting them about damage to a car, they would'nt have been in such a hurry to dismiss the situation. They probably charged you an inflated price as well. Not only were you taken advantage of, you were discriminated against. It may sound a little harsh because at this earlystage, it's all allegations, but go with it. The burden of proof is not that extensive in Small Claims Court. They should have been kissing your butt to get your business, because Auto Safe & Sound is kicking theirs in Sales. Now we know why. Take it from someone who knows honey...a small lawsuit will deflate the biggest head :-)

K Pickett-Panama City Fl