Auto Extended Warranty / will not cover valid items

1 51 Mill StreetHanover, MA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-871-0467

2005 Ford F150 - paid $1800 for extended warranty to 100, 000 miles - salesman gave me the impression that it was a Ford warranty - the warranty company is Warranty Activation Company - the insurance underwriter is Marathon Financial Insurance

60, 000 miles need alternater, took it to Ford dealer for repair on a Saturday - repaired vehicle - reported to Royal on Monday - they denied because I did not call them before the repair was done

78, 000 miles transmission failure - (I have a lift kit on this truck) Ford dealer says that it was parts failure lift kit has nothing to do with it - Ford deal sends statement to Royal - says I bought truck new, Ford dealer installed lift kit, it should be covered by warranty - Royal denies claim

also filed claim for inoperative window switch - Royal denies claim due to lift kit

When I bought the warranty the lift kit was installed - I was not asked about alterations to standard - I paid for a warranty that was already voided.

I want my thgem to pay fior repairs or refund my money.

Comments

• Ca
      9th of Sep, 2008
    Auto Extended Warranty - unsolicited calls for extending warranty on car
    unknown
    unknown
    Clearwater
    Florida
    Phone: 908-475-2364

The automated calls come in to our cell phones repeatedly, day after day. We've told the person that eventually comes on the line (when we push the # they say to talk to a representative) that we are not interested in the extended warranty and to take our numbers off of their list. They just hang up. How can we report these people to someone who can stop them from harassing us. They have nothing to do with the dealers we bought the cars from.

• Db
      16th of Sep, 2008

First, I recommend registering to the National Do Not Call registry. (https://www.donotcall.gov/)

Second, when they call again, try to get as much information as possible, you may have to feign interest to get this, then report them to the FTC. (https://www.donotcall.gov/complaint/complaintcheck.aspx)

Good luck,
    DB

• Bi
      14th of Jul, 2009

I purchased an extended warranty for my Volvo XC90 On Jan 2007, I had some issues with the car and whenever I bring it to my local Volvo Dealer, the warranty work ends up being delayed and not fully covered for one reason or the other.

I visited the shop about three times between 2007 and 2008; I had to arrange for alternative transportation every time I needed repair work done. This warranty company takes 24 to 48 to inform the dealer of part / work they will cover.

During my last trip in winter of 2009, the service department agent told me directly and I quote: "we deal with all kind of warranty companies out there, yours is the WORST one, They are very hard to deal with"

I finally had enough, the repairs started to cost me money, because the Royal [There is nothing royal about them] refuse to pay for most of the work and I was always digging for my wallet to pay for work done and alternative transportation.

But wait, it gets better! I had a 4 year term or 100K miles, I got sick of the whole thing that I bought a new sedan and wanted to cancel the warranty to get the unused portion or 2 years premium refunded as I was promised by the car dealer during my purchase. Not so Fast!

I called Royal Admin and they asked me to put it in writing, which I did that same day just to get a letter in the mail telling me that I was out of luck!
    When I inquired they told me that their secret calculator showed that they do not owe me anything because they paid for claims on my account and that the balance paid exceeds certain magical benchmarks and referred me to their policy.

Well, that was not nice and was not fair! I paid for 4 years, I used 2 year and any five year old will agree that they owe me the difference. I filed a complaint with the A/G and the BBB and got their response in form of copy of policy that was 5 pages long that I never saw! The dealer had me sign the last page when I was picking up my car in a hurry thinking that it was a policy confirmation. I was not giving the run down but I remembered clearly that when I asked about termination, the dealer was adamant that it was eligible for retro credit: "you only pay for the portion used" That was the answer I received.

This is deceptive, unethical, highway robbery! Buyer be aware!