auto brokers of america / car purchase

1 2201 plaza dr. suite 500c rocklin 95765Rocklin, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 916-253-3917, 916-289-3355

my fiance and i purchased a 1992 lexus es300 from cliff hughey jr. on 7-15-08 and it is now 10-16-08 and we still haven't received anythig from the dmv and the 90 day permit he put on the car is now expired. i have been trying to contact him but he will not return my calls. i have left several messages! before we bought the car, my first question was, "will the car pass smog?" he said, sure, as a matter of fact the car is already smogged. we smogged it at our shop. and he said it was a dependable car. well, these were all lies!! the car check enginge light came on when we were driving it home, do i called him. he said, it's no problem, these cars do this all the time. i took it to a shop and they told me it would not pass smog and they told me what i had to fix. well, i fixed what they told me to fix and it still didn't pass. not to mention numerous other repairs (shocks, leaks power steering fluid, no rear window motor but he said that was just a fuse.

Comments

• Ke
      23rd of Jan, 2009
    auto brokers of america - Company phone is disconnected
    Auto Brokers of America
    Rocklin
    California
    autobofa.com

I got a car from this company back in 2006 and they called me from a blocked # quite a few months ago to let me know that i still owed $900.00 (which is un-true) but i wanted to clear this up and pay them so i could get the title to the car and i have been unable to contact them all the numbers that are listed are disconnected and the website is no longer up, so i have a car that technically does not belong to me and the company that own it has just vanished...i dont know what to do????

• Ro
      28th of Oct, 2014

I just saw this! I bought a car from Cliff Hughey Jr in August 2009. He lied to me too! After a week of owning the car it began to smoke and then it spewed smoke out the tail pipe. I call cliff and he said it was just bad gas and the car had been sitting a while. He provided me with a certification report that said the car was in great condition. No problems etc. a week later, I put fresh gas in and a fuel treatment. Problem was same and then engine light came on. To make it worse I got a ticket for too much smoke. cliff Hughey Jr stopped returning my calls and would not answer when I called. I was very angry and felt ripped off. I returned to the car lot withy the car. Cliff Hughey Jr told me it had been 30 days so he cannot take car back and it was my problem. I demanded he fix this. He threatened to call the police on me and have me arrested for trespassing. He told me he knew the cops and I would be locked up. 2700$. Down the toilet. That is a summary. CLIFF HUGHEY JR. IS A LIAR AND A THIEF AND A FRAUD!!