Auto Assist Canada / Vehicle Fraud

1 BC, Canada Review updated:

This company phones me one evening asking me if I have sold my mid/luxury vehicle yet. Since I had not I assumed they could be a possible buyer. This company convinced me I had underpriced my vehicle by 2, 500 dollars and that they had high risk buyers lined up to purchase my vehicle. I paid them 200.00 dollars and never heard from them again. I have tried several times to contact them however, they don't answer phones at Auto Assist Canada. Car fraud, vehicle scams you name it I'm sure they do it. I paid via a money email transfer so I can't get my money back. I hope this save someone else. Autoassistcanada.com is a gimmick.

Auto Assist CanadaCanada's #1 Site for Used Autos - Yeah Right!!

Comments

9th of Apr, 2010

I fell into the exact same trap as you did! Left a gazillion voicemails and still, no call back. I hope these scammers get caught somehow and pay the price for their theft. I know I didnt lose much, (200$ via interac money transfer) but just imagine how many other people they've tricked into their scheme and maybe still will... DO NOT TRUST AUTO ASSIST CANADA!!!

5th of May, 2010

Same here. Posted on Kijiji last November after a few hours someone called back. I should have known that if it sounds too good to be true, it definitely is.

Paid and never got my money back. The ad was posted on their own website and then a few others that did not cost anything to post.

I hope the more we post the more people will know this scam. Matt from AutoAssist Canada, I hope you go to jail for even working for this awful company. I am SO happy that your children have such a great role model to learn from NOT!!!

Auto Marketing Group also called, but I hung up on them.

5th of May, 2010

Sorry made a mistake...gave it a thumbs down to the message...but it's supposed to be thumbs up.

5th of May, 2010

confused...ah whatever, thumbs up or thumbs down, they're a complete SCAM!

• Mg
      24th of Jul, 2010

I too received a call from Matt with Auto Assist Canada offering to sell my car for a single up-front cost of $200. The service was to be guaranteed or the fee would be refunded. Matt supposedly had interest in the car and expected it to sell very quickly based on his demand. Skeptical, I decided to entertain the offer anyway (I really don't have time to deal with this things like this), so I paid the money and never heard from him or anyone else from Auto Assist again. When the car did not sell in 90 days, I called several times and left several messages. No reply.

Their intent is to do minimal work (put up a few ads, thats it) and hope the car sells. If it does not sell, they most certainly will not refund your money. Consider it an expensive service to post a few ads. What they say on the phone is misleading, so saying that it is a scam is certainly justified. I would NOT recommend Auto Assist - not worth the $200 for a sub-standard service

• Ro
      6th of Aug, 2010

I cant believe these scumholes are still doing this and have not been stopped!!!. These scamooligans tried to get me to fall for this crap about 5 or 6 years ago and I cant believe I almost fell for it too!!. I guess the scammer detection side of me won the battle that day because I took the `` this has got to be a scam `` road!!. Any time something is offered to me I do some research and pretty much 10 times out of 10 it is a scam. I cannot believe the number of scams out there. Why isn`t the government doing anything about this kind of thing??????

• To