Authorhouse / addressing complaints

1 IN, United States Review updated:

I've read the postings about royalites and invite any author who would like more information about their royalties or number of books sold through AuthorHouse or iUniverse to contact me directly at kgray at authorsolutions dot com.
We can provide you with a books printed report which will show how many of your books have been printed. Sales through retail channels, other than through the iUniverse or AuthorHouse Web sites, can take several months to be reported; but they are all reported.
We have no interest in "keeping" royalties from our authors. Our interest as well as our authors' interests are best served when they are satisfied with their publishing experience. We certainly would not sacrifice this satisfaction for a few dollars.
I would caution anyone from putting too much stock in complaints submitted by posters with anonymous or false surnames. We will investigate any issue from a author who submits their name, publisher (AuthorHouse or iUniverse), title of book and specific issue. Thank you.

Best,
Kevin A. Gray
PR Manager, Author Solutions, Inc.
kgray at authorsolutions dot com

Comments

• We
      13th of Jun, 2010

Mr. Kevin Grey, I strongly disagree with your crappy statement. It's not the authors responsibility to contact your lazy behind. With request or not, your company should send monthly book sale reports to an author via his/her email or mail. What kind of company is this? You have several subdivisions, why? This company is not even a member of the BBB! You totally turn me off from making any business with you. If you want authorhouse, iuniverse, worldclay and the other crappy worthless sites to stay in business, you need to learn a thing or two about honesty. Stop stuffing your stealing mouth with donouts and do your job right at least once! I like to give rebellious companies a second chance, so change or get out! LOL!

14th of Nov, 2010

My name is Artice D. Upchurch and I published a book with Authorhouse in 2007. About 2 years later I was abled to invest into marketing packages with Authorhouse. I spent almost $2, 000 with Authorhouse, but have not sold 1 book from the marketing packages. Kevin, I really would like to know how many books have been sold. Contact me please: adu@adupchurchbooks.com

14th of Nov, 2010

By the way, the name of my book is called Cypher Key.

10th of Mar, 2011

You know what; I also purchased a press release package from authorhouse. They sent that press release to quite a few newspapers, tv shows and other media outlets. I even have the list of the companies they sent my press release to. But guess what, none of those companies got in contact with me. I called authorhouse about it and they told me to check with those companies to see if they received my press release...why should I have to do that, when all of that work was paid for?
    But I did it anyway, and coming to find out...quite a few newspapers doesn't deal with outsiders; meaning they do not deal with individuals from outside their range.
    No tv station has ever contacted me. To be honest, I don't really have money for any advertising--I am on a fixed income, receiving $800 a month. I have starved for misc months to save money to advertise, and when I was abled to advertise, no book was sold. I wanted to curse out the marketing consultant one day cause he kept pressuring me to advertise even more. I tried to explain my situation to him about not one book being sold prior, but its like he didnt care; he had a bogus story about me not picking the right marketing plan, but i previously spoke to him about what would be the best marketing plan or strategy to use, so what he said was total crap. I want all of my money back, but I still want the book to be with authorhouse, because I like my book being displayed on the internet.

• Vy
      15th of Mar, 2011

I HAVE BEEN DUPED BY AUTHORHOUSE IN LAST THREE MONTHS. THEY TOOK ALL MONEY(ABOUT 900 USD), MY MANUSCRIPT ETC. EVERY WEEK I WRITE MAILS TO THEM ENQUIRING THE STATUS OF BOOK, AND TO MY DESPAIR, THERE IS NO RESPONSE. I HAVE WRITTEN TO ALL CONCERNED PEOPLE. MY BOOK IS ON AMMONIA, AND MAY NAME IS VYANKATESH. I HAD A RESPECT IN MY MIND AFTER READING WEBSITES EARLIER, BUT NOW IT IS NO MORE. I AM COMPELLED TO STATE THAT AUTHORHOUSE IS A SCAM PUBLICATION.

VYANKATESH
    vc_bela@rediffmail.com

• Vy
      15th of Mar, 2011

hi, my name is vyankatesh.i have spoken from my heart as above.
    regards