Australia Post / Bad service
I made a purchase online and received a prompt delivery from the sender who claimed their packing was professional. Hearing a rattling sound inside the parcel when collecting from the Post, I opened it at the Post Office only to find the item was damaged. Due to a series of conflicting advice given by the Post staff at various levels, I ended up on a 2-month journey claiming for compensation, and was eventually told the packing was insufficient. To make it worse, even the Postal Ombudsman can do nothing to help.
My points are:
1. As it is, the Australia Post is playing a Catch-22 trick, according to which, "All damaged items are deemed insufficiently packed, otherwise they cannot be damaged.
2. The Postal Ombudzman is virtually doing nothing other than condoning or encouraging the rough handing of the Post by allowing an unfair, irrational system to exist.
3. The Australia Post will thrive by damaging any so-called insufficiently packed items, and they will double their business as the damaged items will be posted again NOT Free of Charge.
4. The quality of service will deteriorate because there is no penality and incentive for the post to improve. Indeed they benefit from damaging posted items.
5. Changes desperately needed to improve practice to prevent more and more consumers from falling into this catch-22