AUSTIN PROPERTY TEAM / SCAMMER

1 114 West 7th Street , Austin, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: (512) 686-5454

PLEASE BEWARE of Austin Property Team, a husband and Wife owned property management company based in Austin Texas. They scams by doing fake maintenance visits then say the tenant won't let them in, and you then will get a letter in the mail saying they want $25. The chalk up a bunch of late fees that way then try and Evict you. The will retaliate if you report repairs not be made to the Code Enforcer and Talent Coil. On top of all that they are LEASING close to condem duplex's that they know needs major repairs then the first week you move in, they insist of doing major repair. The lower rent places they rent they Do Not even do a MAKE READY and say they will after the tenant moves in, but then ask them to pay. Please avoid this company Austin Property Team at all costs

THEY
Racial Profiling
Housing Discrimination
Retaliate

AUSTIN PROPERTY TEAM

Comments

• Rp
      23rd of Nov, 2010

This posting is nonsense! ABSOLUTE B***[censor]!
    The person who wrote this has no idea of what she is talking about.
    I own the property in question for the last three years. Brent and his partner Susan managed it for me. Their handling of said properties was excellent and far, far beyond any expectations I have had dealings with other managment companies. Austin Property Team are excellent for their service.
    They are meticulous in their record keepng, know what the job requires and demands, anticipates a problem in advance and have developed a network of similar professionals; one's that won't cheat you, lie to you or rip you off in any way.
    Simply put, HONEST PEOPLE doing the job BETTER than you could do it for yourself! If I owned a MEGA-complex of apartments/Condos/rental properties, I can assure you that Austin Property Team would be the property team I would employ.

• Sc
      12th of Jul, 2011

Yes they are scammers!!! We have had to deal with these ppl!!! We left the house we were leasing in far more than perfect condition. We have pictures to prove it. Then they say that we didn't clean. ALSO they entered the home without warning freaking out my child!!! Beware

• Ri
      2nd of Aug, 2011

This is absolutely truth! This couple are total scammers! I lived in a community managed by them. They racial profile, discriminate and retaliate by denying any repair requests or raising your rent. They don't ever return calls and they want to charge you for the repairs they do rarely perform. If you care about yourself, do stay away from them. They are arrogant SOBs and they like to look down on people as if they were worth nothing. They like to take over small cheap communities. The dumpster of the place where I lived was always overflowing with trash. Want to be happy? Stay away from any community they manage.

• Bb
      10th of Aug, 2011

The reason these tenants posted these complaints was because they were either evicted for non-payment of rent or didn't follow the guidelines of the lease agreement they signed. We are not "scammers" nor to we profile anyone based on their race. If you don't follow the lease agreement you sign there are consequences. I would challenge any tenant that has a problem with us and questions our methods to address them face to face and not through a complaint board.

8th of Nov, 2011

I have had very recent dealings with Austin Property Team and I completely agree they are scammers. I do now know about racial profiling but I can vouch for their terribe attitude and complete lack of professionalism. I am looking for a place to move into and feel in love with the location of one of their properties. I had some questions about the lease. Instead of answering the questions Brent gives a rude remark to my locator, then to myself. When I chose to ignore one rude instance and proceed I was met with "We'll call you back" but they never did. When I called back there was more rudeness. If I can't get good responses and I'm looking to give them money every month I wonder how reliable they will be when the place needs repair?

• Bb
      15th of Nov, 2011

The comment above was from a tenant whom we rejected. She knows nothing about our processes or our company for that matter. She was questioning our policy on breaking a lease which was the first question out of their mouth. I suggested if they are already thinking of breaking their lease perhaps they should look for a property that offers a shorter term lease. I'm not sure how this is rude and from my understanding this tenant's agent didn't think I was rude when I discussed it with him first. Thus, the comments above are from a discourage individual who seems to think everyone is out to get her.

15th of Nov, 2011

It is very interesting that you SEEM to think you know who is posting what. Thank you for proving to others on this board that you are rude and unprofessional. Furthermore, you should get your facts straight. I am not sure who you are thinking of but I was not rejected; you did tell the truth when I was told I should look elsewhere... and so I did and am very glad :-)

15th of Nov, 2011

And thank you for proving you have no problem expressing judgement on people you have never even met "the comments above are from a discourage individual who seems to think everyone is out to get her."

• Re
      15th of Nov, 2011

Wow bbockholt, I don't understand how you could be in any business that requires you to communicate with others. Take criticism like a man, own up to your mistakes and fix them. You seem like a child who lives in his own little cardboard box, so I will be recommending the people I know NOT to use your business as you can not communicate with others well and lack the education of property management.

• Ri
      21st of Mar, 2012

Austin Property Team are all the above. Scammers, discrimination, and more.. but they think they have got away with all the wrong they have done to their tenants. But God has a law also... and the court of law on earth will give us justice. they might think they won the battle but they have not won the war. ( so back to court we go)

• Ki
      27th of Feb, 2013

Ive rented from them for two years, and they do their jobs fairly.

25th of Apr, 2014

LOOOL! What? I've been living here for a few years in one of their properties and have not had any quarrels with them. If things need fixing they fix them. Sometimes they have to be replaced. What are some of you guys talking about? Some of these complaints from 2011 about rate hikes are not APT's retaliation. It had been all over the news that rates would go way up all over town because of so many people moving here, where the jobs are. It's called the law of supply and demand. Be glad they do not gouge you so much like other places do here. I sure am especially for what I get here. Also they do not accept Section 8 vouchers so maybe some people just have some butt hurt over that. A lot of places accept those. Some properties are in neighborhoods some would consider slightly rough around he edges but that is a good thing because they do their job well. Just common sense... pay your rent on time and be reasonably polite to maintenance crew when they come to fix or replace things

2nd of Aug, 2016

I now am quite sure "everything" worked the way is was supposed to especially after reading these postings. So WHY am I here to "gripe'? Because r for 2 years I have driven by these waiting for an opening. Aa I drive going to our family's best friend on the other side of Whisper Oaks. I always wanted to move imto one of those because they were so borgeous and thought WOW I can and get the hell out of the boondocks, right outside of GT city limits but GT. My daughter in the Middle school she and her parents want as well. The PLUS was a few doors down my very best friends and her kids whom I call my family (since both of us, our parents are deceased). I saw the duplex I immediately texted and told them HOW INTERESTED we were. We have more than enough to move-in. I was sent a "security" text and told the realtors how badly we wanted to move in. But we received an email stating which appt times were available. We discussed 8:00 am slot, not good for me but the later slot would be for him. We chose 3:30. Much later in the evening he said he might as well take the whole day off DUE TO TRUCK DRIVING and not knowing where he would be at that time of day. At 10:30 AM Monday morning I received "the Text" our Scheduled appt. was cancelled. I literally sat down and cried. My husband didn't work at all that day. I felt so defeated! I TOLD THEM WE WANTED THE DUPLEX VERY BADLY IN THE TEXT. You TWO have no idea how you affect ppl who've never met, you think about that WE were and ready to give you whatever amount of MONEY needed to move-in. I see no reason WHY you couldn't call or text me. Like others have in the past. I hope your brand new tenants that moved into OUR duplex puts the screw to you like you did us!