AUSTAR / NO HELP WITH TECH ISSUE

1 Tailem Bend, South Australia, Australia Review updated:

BEWARE OF AUSTAR SUBSCRIPTION TV I COMPLAINED ABOUT A TECHNICAL ISSUE SEVERAL TIMES VIA MESSAGE BOARD ON THE AUSTAR SITE, OVER A SIX MONTHS PERIOD. AUSTAR JUST IGNORED MY COMPLAINTS BECAUSE THERE CUSTOMER SUPPORT (RESPONDED TO MY FIRST COMPLAINT) COULDNT FIX IT SO I REFUSED TO PAY UNTIL FIXED.THEY DISCONNECTED MY SERVICE AFTER I DIDN'T PAY A FINAL NOTICE THEN A "KEVIN" IN THERE COMPLAINTS DEPARTMENT SENT ME AN EMAIL AFTER MY COMPLAINTS SUSPICIOUSLY WENT MISSING " TRANSLATED" IT SAID PAY OR PISS OFF. WHEN I FINALLY GOT ONTO SOMEONE IN HIGHER POSITION THE COMPLAINTS DEPARTMENT HAD DELETED ALL MY COMPLAINTS SO IT COULDN'T BE VERIFIED IF THAT THEY WERE RECEIVED (THEY LIED!!!). I HAVE BEEN WITH THEM OVER TEN YEARS AND PAID THEM OVER TEN GRAND !! THEY HAVE AN ARROGANT BACKSTABBING STAFF THAT THINK PEOPLE IN RURAL AREAS HAVE NO OTHER ALTERNATIVE THAN AUSTAR . SO DON'T BOTHER WITH THEM, THERE'S OTHER ALTERNATIVES NOW. THEIR NOT GETTING MY MONEY ANY MORE DONT GIVE THEM YOURS.IM TRYING TO GET EVERYONE IN MY AREA TO GET RID OF THEM (RURAL AREA OF AROUND 1000 PEOPLE EQUATES TO AROUND 5 MILLION DOLLARS ). DON'T GIVE THEM YOUR BUSINESS !!! WHY DOES AUSTRALIA HAVE ONE OF WORST CUSTOMER SUPPORT IN THE WORLD ? IS IT BECAUSE AUSTRALIA IS SUCH A GREAT PLACE TO LIVE, EVERY ONE HAS A STRONG SENSE OF EQUALITY, SO A COMPLAINT IS DEFENDED LIKE A PERSONAL ATTACK ?? OR CANT AUSTRALIANS FEEL ANY EMPATHY UNLESS ITS HAPPENED TO THEM ?? COMPANIES LIKE AUSTAR, TELSTRA AND BANKS ETC. CAN BE DEFEATED BY EVERYONE STICKING TOGETHER, START TAKING THEIR MONEY AWAY AND THEIR GREEDY LITTLE EARS WILL ### UP AND START LISTENING. CHEERS STEVE.

St

More AUSTAR Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Li
      4th of Oct, 2010

Thanks for that, I have been trying to connect to Austar but there installer just doesn't turn up. It seem I should thank him for that. My view is that if it is so damn hard to get connected what about when you get problems????. Thanks for highlighting it

Cheers

Lindsay Whiteway

• Kr
      4th of Mar, 2011

I subscribed by phone with Austar to the nationally televised special with free installation, $21 per month for the first 6 months then $42 per month for the next 6 months with the second tv connection included in this price. The installer then decided it couldnt go on the roof and charged me $150 for sticking the satellite on a pole in the ground and they then proceeeded to take $75 per month out of my Visa Card each month! I rang to tell them this was not what they agreed to and they said they would listen to the recording and get back to me with their version of the verbal agreement. They did not ...and took another $75 out of my account even though they were clearly told they did not have my authority to do so. They have refused to give me a recording of the verbal agreement and have not credited my account as requested. I will now have to put a block on my Visa Card as they obviously think they are a law unto themselves!!! BEWARE - DO NOT MAKE VERBAL CONTRACTS OVER THE PHONE - I have rung about 5 different government departments trying to get some help with this and got nowhere - CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THE CORRECT CONTACT DETAILS TO LODGE A COMPLAINT AGAINST AUSTAR ...PLEASE!!!

8th of Mar, 2011

i have been paying over $100.00 per month for 3 years and contacted austar about all programs being repeated over and over cannot get any satisfactory reply. its a bloody big rip off someones making plenty out of this.. who does one contact to have this investigated...ivan.?

• Va
      30th of May, 2011

i agree with all of you

• Ba
      10th of May, 2014

We live in a resort complex on Sunshine Coast and our austar channels keep pixelating more often than not, my husband loves to watch the NRL games and sure enough that's when it will start..tried calling but no answer as yet..any one else have this problem ..

• Re
      13th of Jul, 2014

My complaint is probably considered to be petty a one and I thought it may seem ridiculous if I did complain but then also thought I pay for it I'm entitled to have a say. My complaint is about the channels. There are far too many ads shown and not enough music being played. A few years ago ads were hardly shown but now they're on all of the time. Two songs will play then another ad pops up which makes it seem pointless to have music channels. If it is at all possible could u please reduce the amount of ads . Thanks for taking the time to read through my complaint I appreciate it greatly. Yours sincerely Bec Andrews

• Pe
      3rd of Dec, 2014

I have stopped watching my favourite shows because you have introduced new shows and triple the ads.
    I watch House early in the morning but not only the time, it's the ads…ads. To many! I can't watch it any more. I pay to watch you give me your promos. NOT GOOD FOR ME AND YOU.
    Peta and Grant.
    You have stuffed up big time.