Aurora Financial Services / No refund

I had been trying to get a second mortgage on my house through various lending sites. I was contacted by Aurora Financial Services, I was told they would be able to loan me $30, 000.00. I was faxed the paperwork and returned it. I was told there was a processing fee. I wired the money as instructed and received nothing. When I called about the money I was told that they had made an error and I didn't qualify for the loan. My money would be refunded in the next few days. I haven't heard a word from them since. I've called several times (now their phone isn't working) and have e-mailed them several times also. I haven't received any returned messages or money. I would like to get my money refunded to me.

Ni

Comments

• Ed
      11th of Aug, 2011

Which Aurora Financial Services are you talking about? I have found companies by that name in Denver; Scottsbluff, NE; and Leesburg, VA. Evidently they are different companies; the one in Denver didn't know about the one in Virginia. If you had at least given the number of the phone that was disconnected, we could figure it out from the area code. As it is, you have tarnished the reputation of multiple companies by a carelessly unspecific post.

• Mi
      4th of Jul, 2013
    Aurora Financial Services - Wasted my time and money
    Aurora Financial
    Vienna
    Virginia

I have refinanced my mortgage quite a few times and been through a lot of closings and I have never experienced the pain and aggravation that this company's put me through. I made sure to give them everything that they asked in a timely manner. I paid $400 for an appraisal. I was told by my loan officer, Janet Johnson, several times that my loan had been approved, to later be told again to come up with more documents. At 4 pm, the day of one of the "supposed closings", my loan officer called me to let me know that my employer "wasn't cooperating" with providing them the "last and final" paper that the underwriter needed. She suggested that I contacted my employer to facilitate this. Being 4pm on a Friday, I was lucky to get the Human Resources secretary to rewrite this paperwork ONCE again and have her supervisor sign it in order to fulfill the underwriter's specifications. This was not an easy task being that they had been rewriting and submitting this paperwork several times that day and were really annoyed at the underwriter's blunt attitude. (Mind you I’ve been a tenured professor for more than 20 years and the underwriter wanted more reassurance that I will still be employed for another 3 years)

Finally, on another of the supposed closing dates, with the Title Company and notary public on board and ready, I am contacted to be told that my loan was denied because of “inconsistencies.” However, after asking them what those inconsistencies were, it became clear to me that they were intently misrepresenting my answers. First because they had never bothered asking me that question (the answers they alleged I had given them, were really in response to a totally different question and I have email exchanges to prove that) but also because what they were objecting to was something that a simple loan officer would have seen on my credit report on day one! (and something which would have saved me so much aggravation!)

I believe my loan was handled very unprofessionally. To have inexperienced loan officers and underwriters mishandled a loan and then look for an excuse which (was not even true) on the day of the closing to blame the customer is really unprofessional and dishonest. Please save yourself time and aggravation and go with a more experienced company.