Aul Warranty / Won't pay

1 Napa, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-826-3207

I bought a used 2002 vw passat. Eight, eight days later, yes, eight it was towed to the vw mechanics where it sits now, 13 days later! Aul will pay $3, 000. 00. The mechanics say it will take $4, 500. 00 to fix it correctly. These mechanics are rated # 1 in my state (Mo) , have been in business for years, and they know what they are talking about. As a matter of fact they said they have never experienced anything like what aul is trying to do to me. They remain in constant contact with me. I wish i could say the say for aul. We need to email your state attourney and your state's consumer help folks and corbon copy in these aul crooks. This is the email i have for aul; [email protected]
We should not have to take this!!! And i intend not to!!!

Ka

Comments

• Do
      6th of Jan, 2011

BTW, I did read my contract, And I was not a "knob" on the phone. I have a very calm demeanor. My contract does not include an exclusion on rental coverage in the event repairs are covered by a manufactors warranty.

These folks above that have had positive experiences with AUL? How about attaching a document that backs up your claim that aul paid out $6500 for repairs on a 2000 lincoln. Come on pal. Lets see it!

• Li
      3rd of Feb, 2011

I also purchased a plan from AUL about 2 years ago, however i was explained to about the different levels of coverage and how the Estate plan was cheaper but not as comprehensive as the Reserve, i also read the service contract IN FULL and have also read the majority of the complaints listed here and most of them clearly state that the component is NOT covered in the Estate plan so i don’t think that a lot of these complaints are founded. In addition i have noticed that a lot of the complaints are from people that made a claim 2 WEEKS after they purchased the contract, so i am just supposed to believe that a company is supposed to cover a car with pre-existing conditions on it and lose money... come on people they are a business you can’t just buy a plan to cover the 5 grand in repairs you need done to your car. So i would suggest reading the contract before you buy ANYTHING!!! Also don’t buy something because it is cheaper and still expect the same coverage. Just in case you doubt the fact that it wasn’t clearly stated that it was NOT covered here’s a link to the full service contract i pulled from their website you can cross reference the complaints and literally find the items in the not covered section. http://www.factorywarrantydirect.com/documents/aul/vehicle_service_contract.pdf

• Li
      16th of Feb, 2011

why is that AUL's responsibulity you baught it 8 days ago isint that the selling dealers fault for selling you a LEMON!!! get real lady!!

• As
      7th of Mar, 2011

To "lizdabiz" who I'm assuming is also "lizdipity" (gee, what a coincidence), if a warranty company sells a warranty, preexisting condition or not, they are responsible for covering it. Why do you think life insurance companies won't sell to cancer patients? If the car has preexisting problems, they shouldn't offer a warranty, it's that simple.

10th of Mar, 2011

Well I must say...I have good news for all of you...I have some internal insight to AUL for you that may be helpful...specifically...CLAIMS...having worked for them for over 17 years i think im qualified to speak on behalf of every aspect. The complaints that i have read up to this point are very common both with AUL and other warranty companies. The bottom line here is that they work off of "Loss Ratio's"...simply put...if the dealer or car lot that you bought your car from has poor loss ratios(more claims that contracts sold) then the chances of getting what would normally be considered a covered claim taken care of are less.

10th of Mar, 2011

Pre-existing conditions happen on cars for only a couple of reasons...(1) the dealer or lot did NOT do any recondition before putting it on the lot and selling it.( Most of the time these used cars come from either a trade in where the vehicle history wasn't known or from a Auction.) (2) or the dealer knew there was pre-existing conditions and decided to put a warranty on it in hopes that the warranty company would buy it!!! Ive seen where some dealers and/or lots have actually told there customers to wait a few weeks before calling in any claims. I know that some warranty companies now have "DAY ONE" coverage. Really its about how you call in your claim. My advise to anyone buying a service contract is to be certain that you pay for "wear and tear coverage" and that you have "Day One coverage"...

• Au
      21st of Apr, 2011

AUL is a scam as all "service contract companies" They sent an untrained inspector to take a look at the issues with my car at the dealer and refused to pay. I called and talked to their manager and he told me to get a second look at the car. he was very prompt in calling me and answering all of my questions. I took it to 3 companies and none of them would take an 3rd party payment from AUL (because they don't pay). I spoke with the manager from AUL and he said if the same issues were found at another mechanic that I could pay out of pocket and he would reimburse me directly. long story short over 3 weeks ago i paid #1700 and AUL has not returned one message that I have left for them. They talk good game but when it comes time to back it up with payment they are no place to be found. DO NOT BUY INTO THIS BS!

• Ed
      13th of May, 2011

Wow i was a dealer rep for Aul and here is what i have to say about all these complaints first take a mechanic or get a certification from a center that repairs cars 2#spend the money to get a 21point inspection 3rd ron is a tool after we sold many warranties thease a ---h------les blamed us for not follwing policy, because they apply policy as they see fit ! but in there defense they did not sell you the crappy cars that your buying from these second hand dealers even new car dealers, dont blame the warranty company for crappy cars is it their fault that you did not protect yourself whos the idot now and the guy that said that aul paid him more than tha care was worth is full of s--t ok and ins company will not pay you more than your car is worth as well maintance or warrantie compinies will not pay you eighther so blame yourself for not doing your homework or for trying to be slick and buying a car thinking that you can fix it with their money it will not happend with any warranty company dont be a tool be smart and you can only blame yourself ok! so sorry that you have had to deal with this company because they are a bunch of stools, and i mean stools call the president his name is luis good guy he will listen and probaly get further than the pit bulls that are running the company!

• Th
      28th of Jun, 2011

I am a reputable auto dealer and have sold AUL warranties for many years and can tell you that ANY extended warranty you purchase will assign an adjuster to your claim, whose sole job is to do this...SETTLE YOUR CLAIM FOR THE LEAST AMOUNT OF MONEY POSSIBLE!! You should ALWAYS refer your claims to the dealership where you purchased the warranty. If they are a reputable dealer they will ultimately have the resources to make sure a legitimate claim is covered. Unfortunately, many dealers and internet warranties will sell you a warranty on a car that already has pre-exhisting problems. The best advice I can give is to buy a car from a reputable dealer and make THEM deal with the warranty you purchased from them and hold THEM accountable for a claim that should be covered. All warranties have "weasel" clauses that will create a "grey area" for virtually ANY claim to be denied. Most dealers will consult with their warranty representative to make sure the "proper" language is used to make sure a questionable claim gets covered.

• Na
      18th of Jul, 2011

I bought a used vehichle with no warranty so bought the AUL warranty. Within a month my power sterring pump went out. AUL at firsttried to not cover it stating it was not in original condition. I told them it was in the condition in which I purchased it and they eventually did pay it but I still had to pay 76$ out of pocket. I am now having another issue and I hope they do not give me hassles with the repair.

• Na
      19th of Jul, 2011

Nope AUL is worthless. My main computer is out on my van. My warranty specifically is supposed to cover all major mechanical and electrical issues. They say since compuer is not specifically listed as a part to replace in the warranty that they wont cover it. Im filing a BBB.org report.

• Un
      3rd of Aug, 2011

I bought a 2001 Isuzu Trooper 5 months ago. Nearly FOUR weeks ago the engine blew. The machanics at the shop say that the rings were warped which caused the engine to burn oil and seize. I have been calling, and calling, and calling AUL for FOUR weeks now and NO ONE calls back. I have faxed them all of my service reports, One of which was a full tune-up i paid $750 dollars for not more than 6 weeks ago (two weeks before the engine blew). They are trying to say they wont pay the claim because the oil was low. Well no ### the oil was low that what the shop said: The rings blew which cause the engine to seize and burn up oil. If i blew a tire would they say they can't help me because there was no air in the tire? what is this? they expect me to pay $5200 to replace the engine, plus the cost for the shop to break the engine down (thanks for the additional costs AUL). I am a college student who is moving out of state in less than one week and i still don't have my car back.

For all those people saying AUL is a great company, I say: Take your AUL uniform off, step back into the light that is REAL LIFE, and look at it from a buyers point of veiw. your company is crap, and full of a bunch of bald face liers and swindlers. I just want the services i PAID for. If your not going to uphold the contracts you give out, then why offer them? people like you make me sick and i am embarrased to call you fellow Americans. Peice of advice: get a lenght of rope, walk out to your back yard, throw the rope over a branch and hang yourself. You would be doing the world a favor.

• Au
      20th of Sep, 2011

I purchased a 2006 Ford F-350 with the Estate warranty from AUL. While driving in the mountains the truck died and wouldn't start. After being towed to a repair facility the mechanic told me it was an STC connector between the oil pump and heads. What may also be involved is a branch tube. Neither part is particularly expensive but it does require 37 hours of labor. The mechanic called AUL and told them that the cost of repairs after calling them yesterday which they recieved approval and told them that the cost would be $5000. AUL refused to pay any of it although it was well within their coverage parameters. I will be suing AUL and the dealership for not only a full refund but also the cost of repairs. As a side note Chase Bank who financed the truck lowered my interest rate by 2% if I purchased the warranty so I'm getting them involved too. I've bought an extended warranty in the past because of this type of behaviour and did it because of scare tactics, the dealership and the bank. AUL is a scam outfit. Period. I'll report back to see if they decide to pay.

• Oz
      27th of Mar, 2012

Today 3-27-12 I spoke with RYAN (888) 285-2567 EXT.302. He asked me to send my receipts for repairing the engine on my vehicle. He said the claim was denied because I lacked proof of maintanence records! I told him you never asked for proof of maintenance records you only asked to see the invoices for repairs? He then said, well denied because the claim was withing the 3 month window waiting period!! What the hell! I told him AUL is a joke and they are liars!! They lie just to not pay any repairs!! AUL never returns calls either!

31st of Mar, 2012

ypo

31st of Mar, 2012

hey ozkar im in the same boat as you they are crooks its like the adjuster works for the company i have an rx8 and the engine lost compression so they asked for maitnace logs with 4 oil changes they denied my claim cuz of aftermarket rims lol and lack of maintnance spoke to a aul rep and asked why i had lack of maintnance she didnt no lol so she sent me to ryans voicemail which i freuquently get cuz hes always convinetly out to lunch or gone for the day and left him SIX voicemails with contract number and cell number finally after alot of headaches and fighting and arguing i got the oil reciepts accepted and aftermarket rims thrown out. now they wanted the dealership to tear down the engine... find out apex seal went bad...they still dont want to pay i got to speak to ryan for once and he said they want more info before repairs cuz they want to know more info...week later they say seals went bad due to excess carbon build up and warranty excludes this i will fight this cuz does not say in my warranty about that and want to sue!!

16th of Apr, 2012

If you take AUL to small Claims court...you will WIN!!! They will do all they can to settle out of court!!!

17th of Apr, 2012

YES i agree just don't take No for an answer they will pay like i said earlier they denied me six times they sent me to Ryan's voicemail because he was always conveniently at lunch or in a meeting they said they would promise me he would call me never received a call back...don't loose hope i tried stay as professional as i can which was hard because i wanted to tell Ryan every name in the book but that wouldn't help it any better...i hope no one has to go through this try to reason with them and not loose your cool it took me a month and they saw that no matter how much time passed i wasn't going to go away! like i said if you have any questions on how i got my engine replaced on my Rx8 email me at [email protected]

• Fr
      3rd of Jun, 2012

I purchased a 2004 Volvo through a small local business which had purchased an AUL warranty for 3m/3000mi. I recently contacted AUL in an attempt to buy an extended warranty *still under warranty* and also asked about when I would receive my refund for a repaired brake caliper. They maintained that it was no longer under warranty; after speaking with the dealership they called on my behalf (half-a$$ed as they were about being pushy) and they then began to tell the dealer I must not have properly handled the vehicle! Obviously I didn't follow through with the warranty extension at this point because this sleazy business will come up with excuses to not pay.

I do NOT understand how this business is still around. I have filed a complaint with the BBB (which the AUL website claims to be certified by) and will be following up on this. It's ridiculous and I HIGHLY recommend you reconsider buying a car that is "warrantied" by them.

19th of Jun, 2012

I bought the 3 year 36, 000 mile warranty through AUL, which will be up here in about 3 months. My transmission blew on my Ford Windstar (very common for these and AUL knows it). I had it towed to the mechanics and they said they've never dealt with a worse warranty company. They won't pay the claim because of some fine print thing about not getting proper maintenance on the vehicle's power train at 120, 000 miles. It now has 126, 000. I called the dealer who said he's never heard of this happening. I even called the Utah state sales rep who said she's never heard of this. Why should I know about something that your sales rep doesn't know about? They have been condescending and completely unwilling to work with us. They won't pay a dime of the at least $2, 000 cost of having this done. This is after having paid over $1, 000 for the warranty. This all came after the mechanic said that neglect had nothing to do with the transmission failure. We are so dissatisfied with AUL that we'll never buy another warranty from anyone as long as we live. We have such a sour taste in our mouths for them and their claims supervisor Ryan. These people are trained to not pay out claims even though their ridiculous rhetoric says they're there to help you. DO NOT PURCHASE A WARRANTY FROM AUL!