Audio Discounter / Audio-Discounters.com / Horrible customer service

Customer service horrible. I ordered and paid for 2 day shipping, and 3 days later still no package. I call and they say items on backorder, so I cancel the order. Then they go ahead and charge my credit card, refusing to refund my money, then decide to ship my package almost 3 weeks later. I had to dispute the charge with my credit card company and refuse shipment of their package. Customer service completely uncaring and uncooperative, they just want their money, don't care at all about the customer or retaining customers.

Va

Comments

• Va
      18th of May, 2008

They show product as available when they really don't have it in stock. Upon ordering audiodiscounters.com will charge your credit card immediately but will not ship the product for weeks on weeks provided they actually get the product in. Stay Away!

• Va
      18th of May, 2008

I live in Oklahoma, and during the worst ice strom of our history I ordered batteries, radio, flashlights from this company. (Due to over 250, 000 homes without electric and phone service) because all the stores were out of basic supplies including D batteries. I paid over $50.00 for shipping 2nd day air delivery on items that cost about $69.00 on December 12th. I sent the company an email on December 14 to find out the status of the package. They email me back letting me know that they shipped the items on December 14th (Friday) via FedEx. When I contacted FedEx they told me that the package would be delivered on December 18th (6 days after I placed the order) because they did not get the package until Friday and Saturday and Sunday are not considered "delivery days". It took me to be desperate to use this company and I never will again! Update. I emailed the company to request a credit for the six day delay in the 2nd day air package. They refused. After three days of emailing the company I did not receive a credit. I refused the package when it was delivered to my house and contacted my credit card to dispute the charges from audiodiscounters.com. I will NEVER use this company again. NEVER!

• Da
      8th of Aug, 2008

This company is bad news. Don't do business with them. I ordered an electronic device from them and received it close to 2 weeks later. The product didn't work well, so I decided to return it. I have been waiting 3 days on a RMA and they will not send one. I am probably going to have to get with my credit card company and dispute the charge as the company is terrible!

Stay away from this company no matter the price, no matter the product!

• Vi
      24th of Aug, 2008

Hello this is Vince Craine the owner of the Real Audiodiscounters.com.

I am in no-way affiliated with Audio-discounters. I have been receiving complaints for years about this company because
    I have a toll free # and they do not for customer service. (they hide behind their emails)

When you make a complaint make sure you put the HIPHON sign in between Audio and Discounters. I have spent over 10 years building my site end reputation on the web. I do not need people Slandering my site ( domain) because you are up set at this other site. Here is my site below and the other site you have problems with.

http://www.audiodiscounters.com ( my site - I run a very honest site and have been taken care of my customers for over 10 years )

http://www.audio-discounters - ( many many calls from irate customers because they think I am them and I have a toll free # )

• Km
      2nd of Feb, 2009

I was suspect why Audio-Discounters were the only vendor showing a new product in stock. Now I know. Looks like I've been saved a big headache. Thanks for the feedback.

• Pa
      27th of Apr, 2009

I agree with the above opinions, I bought an item listed as available
    and when I didn't receive after weeks of waiting I sent a series on
    e-mails cancelling my order ( with replies offering discounts) and
    only after I used the word FRAUD did I get a refund. And fast.
    STAY AWAY They are scammers.

• Ur
      18th of May, 2009

I waited 3 weeks without receiving my merchandise before finding my order had no status on the audio-discounters.com web site. I contacted customer service and "Sarah" replied she needed to check with the warehouse for my order. In the meantime I contacted my credit card company and learned my account had been charged 3 days after I made the purchase, so I put the charge in dispute. I replied to customer service that I would only authorize the charge when I received my merchandise. Customer service replied my merchandise was on back order, they would have it in 3 more weeks and they would discount the price because of the delay. I pointed out they had already improperly charged me full price for a back ordered item and that the product had been discontinued by the manufacturer. I requested that my order be canceled and my money refunded immediately. Audio-Discounters responded that it would take them three days to refund my money. The clock is ticking. (This site shows the "E-commerce by Yahoo" logo but Audio-Discounters cannot be found by searching the Yahoo merchants site.)

25th of Aug, 2009

Have had nothing but positive experieces with this company def recommend, got my orders with in 3 days each time

• Pj
      15th of Sep, 2009

I am trying to get any type of response from audio-discounters and have received nothing. I will fight this all the way until I am made whole. They are why internet sales are so scary.

17th of Dec, 2009

This place is ###ed up

• Pa
      17th of Dec, 2009

This company (the one WITH the hyphen) has terrible (practically non-existent), customer service. The one thing they DID do was charge my credit card quickly. They did not, however, ship the items I ordered in the time promised. E-mail them with a question and they might answer you and they might not. What kind of company doesn't have a phone number? I didn't notice that until after i ordered and started having problems. I have now filed a dispute with my credit card company over the charge. Stay away from audio-discounters.com

28th of Dec, 2009

I agree, ordered an item on Nov 27, today is 28 Dec and nothing. I received an email from "Sarah" stating the item had shipped 2 weeks ago but still no item...Lesson learned if I do not receive anything within the next couple days I will contact my credit card company to dispute the charges. THIS COMPANY SUCKS, I WILL BE CONTACTING THE OHIO BBB TO LODGE MY COMPLAINT

• Co
      3rd of Jan, 2010

Ordered An Item from this site, after paying for 2 day shipping, a week later I emailed the company asking were is my item, they emailed me back saying there was a 7-10 day hold due to internal audits, emailed them the next day asking for them to cancel my order, haven't heard back from them since. I feel like they just took my money, and will seek further action.

6th of Jan, 2010

This company is legit, more people will post negative situations than positive. I have ordered with them for years and they have always gotten my orders out in time and have great prices! I would recommend them to anyone!

13th of Jul, 2010

Placed an order with this web-site (www.audio-discounters.com) and it wasn't until after the order has been confirmed that you learn what the shipping charges are. I was under the impression that shipping was going to be free due to this fact. Immediately cancelled the order and requested a refund.

13th of Jul, 2010

Follow up to my previous reply. (dated: 20100713) - It took me to send THREE e-mails to cancel my order with this company. After each of my first two e-mails, they replied timely each time basically stating was I sure that I really wanted to cancel my order? Upon my third time telling them "please cancel my order" (2nd request to cancel: 32 minutes after my initial cancellation request; 3rd request to cancel: 1 hour and 41 minutes after my initial request) here was their reply: "We have informed the warehouse to cancel the order and will send you a confirmation email once this has been done. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. If for any reason this did ship, we will not be able to cancel and will let you know immediately." Mind you, my first e-mail to them to cancel it was placed EIGHT MINUTES after I initially placed my order. Obviously, this company requires this many cancellations as a stall tatic so they can try and ship the item to you if you are not following up timely to their replies. Very shabby business practice to say the least.

• Tu
      26th of Oct, 2010

I ordered an entertainment stand on 10/21/10 (Thurs). Supposedly two in stock. On Saturday, I emailed them via their website asking if it was indeed in stock as my "order status" was still blank. I advised them that I did not want this item if on backorder as theirs was the third company I had ordered from that supposedly had stock. On Tuesday, I received a reply email indicating that they would look into the status of my order. I emailed them again via their website stating that I wanted the order cancelled because I needed the product soon and clearly the customer service staff was incompetent. Repeatedly, I searched for a phone number on their site. NO PHONE #??!! I called my bank to prevent their charge from going through only to find that they had already posted a charge the day after my order. I felt compelled to file a claim against this transaction. Though because I did not order it expedited freight I understand that the bank cannot credit me until 15 days after the claim was filed if I did not receive the item. The bank gave me their phone number which I called to confirm my cancellation. I was told that the order would be cancelled pending their check with the warehouse to see if it had been shipped and that I would then be refunded after three days. Back to the "order status"...still blank. I then wrote an email from my internet explorer (therefore showing it as a "sent" item) to further indicate that I wanted the order cancelled and to let them know that I had filed a claim on the purchase with my bank. My new tv arrived today and yet I'll probably have to fight with this company for the next two weeks and then place a new order with a company of less despicable reputation.

• Kl
      27th of Jan, 2012

Thank you so much for the reviews. I believe that you all just saved me a big headache and a lot of trouble.

• Gr
      5th of May, 2012

Audio Discounter's have always been punctual in the past for me. I've used their website 1/2 dozen times before. I've posted "neutral" at this point. I placed an order in late Jan 2012. In late Feb order hadn't arrived, and there was no communication from them. Wrote an email to them at that time. Return email basically said some items were out of stock/back ordered. Would be shipped when all items were available to ship. Now, nearly 3-1/2 months later, still no shipment. And needless to say, no communication either. I emailed them again just prior to writing this entry. I'll see what happens at this point. However, if this turns out to be the nightmare that some folks have mentioned in this blog. It'll be my "last" dealings with Audio-Discounters.com. I'll keep you all posted...Greg