Audible — unauthorised subscription fee after cancellation
I signed up for 30 free trial of audible and cancelled well under 30 days. I got the confirmation email from audible of successful cancellation. When I looked at my bank statement following month, I found that audible has taken out monthly subscription fee. As I'm based in London, their is currency exchange fee also applied by my bank to convert British Pound to American Dollars. I complained to audible and they literally argue about the subscription not cancelled. For over 30 mins I tried to convince that I cancelled the subscription well under 30 days and that I have a confirmation email. No apologies from audible and they said that they will "cancel" the subscription (again!!) and refund. But the refund would be in American Dollars, so no refund of currency exchange charges. I asked to speak with their manager. To that I was informed that a manager will call me back. No one called me back. Frustrating!!
All this seems like a "fraud" to me that their systems don't cancel the subscription when they should if a customer has requested it and got the confirmation and company keep on withdrawing money from customers account, if a customer won't check his bank account.
Don't know who to raise this complaint officially against this company, get refund, compensation and an apology!!
More Audible Complaints & Reviews
- Audible - monthly charges on cc $14.95 
- Audible Adbl.CO/Bill NJ - unauthorized debit charge from audible adbl.co/bill nj 
- Audible.com - fraud 
- Audible Adbl.CO/Bill NJ - audible books for kindle fire 
- Audible.com - won't let me cancel - keeps billing
- Audible - illegal charges
- Audible - charges to credit card
- Audible - unauthorized credit card charges
- Audible - unauthorized charge on credit card
- Audible Adbl.CO/Bill NJ - being charged for a service I never ordered nor used!