AuctionMonster 866-897-0662 CO / Fraud & cheating!

1 Australia Review updated:

What is this - DRI*AuctionMonster [protected] CO??? I have had three debits hit my credit card in the space of two months for about $150. Yet i have no idea what it is for, or how they got my details!

Any idea how i can get these reversed?? Plz advise smb!

Comments

Bo
  1st of Sep, 2007

Hey,

I am having the same problem. I recently went online looking to start an online business trying to make some extra cash on the side. thats when i came upon a page called "my dollar shop.com". It said that it was free and that you would only have to pay for shipping and handling which was $2.06 for me. With that price i figured what was there to lose. little did i know it was a 14 day trial .

When i signed up for "my dollar shop" i automatically got charged for DRI*auction monster for $1.97. First i didn't really cared because it was only a small amount. Several days later i was charged $64.60, and a monthly $39.95 from "my dollar shop".

Je
  4th of Sep, 2007

Hi, Same here. But cannot find an email address or phone no to be able to cancel it. Anyone have any ideas?

Rt
  5th of Sep, 2007

First of all, you should contact your bank or credit card company to dispute the charges. Secondly, anytime anyone on the internet says something is free, you better read the "terms of service" agreement. It is likely that buried in that terms of service, is the disclosure that you are receiving a "free trial period", and that you will automatically get billed monthly after the trial period is over. By clicking send, you are agreeing to these terms. You should also be able to find the phone number to call, to cancel services in this same terms of service agreement. It may also include other "services" that they will start billing you for as well.

Thirdly, there is no such thing as "easy" money, so beware of any offers promising such, they are likely less than truthful, if not an outright scam.

Good luck to you all.

Bg
  12th of Sep, 2007

To all of the people who do not know how to cancel their 14 day free trial from the dollarshop.com, the phone number is 1-800-231-8664, it is listed in a column on the far right of the webpage. Also, I have typed a section of what is listed in their terms and conditions, which tells me that they can charge you at anytime, for any fees, without first letting you know. In that same column that gave the phone number, it said in tiny print that it was a free 14 day trial and that's where I got the number from. I hope this helps someone out. The following is the paragraph from their website's terms and conditions:

Fees and Pricing
Membership Fees associated with the Program are monthly. This means you will be billed a monthly fee of $39.95 for your online membership in the Program.
Customers who join as Members through this Program will be deemed customers of MyDollarShop.com and its parent/sister organizations, affiliates, partners or associates. Accordingly, all MyDollarShop.com rules, policies, operating procedures, customer service, and sales will apply to those customers. We may change our policies and operating procedures at any time. Product prices and availability may vary from time to time. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to present accurate information, but we cannot guarantee the availability or price of any particular product.

Co
  20th of Sep, 2007

I've had the same experience and am in the process of cancelling the credit card. I called them and was told that the charge would be removed and that they would remove me as a member. However, I just got a recent bank statement with a charge which is double the other charges. I am irate and will be contacting the attorney general in the state of Ohio as well as my own attorney. I appreciate all the info from this site.

Su
  17th of Oct, 2007

Same here. I spoke with someone on Oct, 1,2007 and signed up for 1 day and called back and canceled. No problem they said. Today Oct. 17th they took out 39.95 out of my act. We need to report this to Google. They will shut them down.

We
  27th of Oct, 2007

I did not subscribe to this service but have been charged through my credit card for the past three months. I have contacted my credit card company and they have registered my problem as a "dispute". They told me to get in touch with AuctionMonster myself and cancel any further payments, which I am trying to do. I am glad I have found this page and hope it helps.

Ga
  26th of Jan, 2008

I did not subscribe and have been debited $70 australian 6 times my bank said they cannot stop it i have to contact auction monster but i cannot find any details at all ill try that number above but it hasnt worked for others what did you do.

The bank said they will just debit my other accounts what do i have to do close all of them and move my investments. Scary.

Br
  13th of Mar, 2008

I have had the same problem as well... I have never signed up for anything and I'd never heard of mydolloarshop.com until now. I have had four transactions on my Mastercard each one $75. I have no idea how to contact AuctionMonster to cancel the payments. I think I will probably have to cancel my card.

Da
  12th of Jul, 2008

I have the Monster Auction DVD and They did cheat on my credit account tooking money every month without my knowledge! So I cut my credit off and it too late to stopped them, because they use someone else brand names and confused us! On my credit account it didnt says Monster Auction, nothing looks like someone else, I called the bank credit service who is this coming from? The Eletric bank told me, it comes from Monster Auction when I cancel the Monster Auction 6 months ago...I am given them a code red files to hunt them down!

Mo
  9th of Dec, 2011

To the person above posting the complaint about Monster Auction. You should correct the name to Auction-Monster because Monster Auction, LLC is getting complaints and bad rep when we have absolutely nothing to do with Auction-Monster it is a totally different business and you should associate your complaint to the correct business! Your misrepresentation of Monster Auction is damaging and I would appreciate it if you corrected the problem, thank you.