atxpowersupplies.com / Restock Fee

1 LA, United States Review updated:

Purchased their recommended, upgraded computer power supply for my model PC. Received it then tried to install it but it would not fit properly. Plugged in all the power cables anyway and tried to boot up the PC and it would not boot up. Looked at the SATA power connector cable and it did not have the correct number of power lines to it.

Sent it back and they charged me a 15% restock fee for a PS that did not fit and did not work. Upon complaint they pointed me to their sales policy. Read their policy! Use BBB online to look at their complaint history.

Their policy says that if they send you the wrong PS and you return it there is a 15% restock fee. If they recommend the wrong PS and you return it 15% fee. If the recommended PS they send you does not fit and you return it 15% fee. If the PS they send you does not work 15% restock fee. So their business model is to make 15% on anything they sell you regardless of its fit, function or performance. As far as I know they could have a total of 100 non-functioning PS's in inventory and just repeatedly send them out and have them returned. They are guaranteed to make 15% every time.

jim

More atxpowersupplies.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

4th of May, 2010

If you think they are making money by charging you a 15% restocking fee you better think again. I own a company that charges restocking fees, and I can tell you that 15% don't cover it. If you have used the product you have made it non-merchantible. They also have to pay an employee to get your package, open it, see what's wrong, and carry out the task you have requested. Next, they have to pay credit card transaction fees when you buy the product and when you return the product.

Finally, I'm sure they had a policy that you had to agree to before you ever even purchased the product.

• Kb
      17th of Jan, 2012

"I ordered a power supply from them and it arrived DOA and a wire cut up. I have called and emailed and they will not reply. Bad customer service. Thanks for stealing from me."

• Ba
      13th of Aug, 2012

These guys are crooks. they stole $45 from me. Whats worse, is the time I wasted trying to reason with these criminals. They have bad feedback allover the Internet and if I had known this i never would have gotten involved. Please don't make the same mistake. I stopped trying to reason with these creeps when they had the nerve to tell me they would post negative comments about my business if i gave them bad reviews. My advice is find somewhere else to spend your money.

• Py
      19th of Feb, 2016

My experience with this company was a nightmare. I purchased a power supply from them on their website which stated it was compatible. They shipped it to me and it didnt fit, screws didnt line up, etc. I sent it back and they gave me a partial credit via Paypal. I sent them numerous emails asking why I didnt get my full refund and I got nothing but crickets. I then opened up a dispute with Paypal in regards to this vendor and a few days later I wont the dispute and got my full refund. Sending me the wrong part and advertising compatibility?. Service was horrible and I would not purchase another item from this company unless you like to gamble.

• Wi
    atxpowersupplies.com - Their product exploded in my room
    Atxpowersupplies.com
    atxpowersupplies.com

I ordered a power supply from ATX Power Supplies, and installed it. It worked beautifully for precisely 30 days (which says to me I installed it properly), which coincidentally is the period during which they will accept returns. After precisely 30 days (no kidding, 30 days exactly after I placed my order), it exploded. It didn't stop working, it exploded. Pop- Fire- Explosion. In my bedroom. I'm glad I was home at the time.

I was told I couldn't return it beyond the 30 day mark, but could exchange it, plus pay them a 20% restocking fee. This is not a valid option, as theres no way I'd buy another power supply from a company that sent me one that exploded. My previous power supply of the exact same model lasted 4 years and didn't explode when it died.

• De
      3rd of Jun, 2016

Funny how the reviewer blames the retailer when most likely what happened is that the computer wasn't protected by a UPS and experienced a power surge. What happened to the power supply before you bought this one? This isn't adding up. Go get a UPS and stop blaming others for problems that have been created by yourself.

• Cg
      3rd of Jun, 2016

Actually, I was using a UPS. The previous power supply just stopped turning on, it took awhile to die, sometimes starting after a few tries, eventually it stopped starting altogether. It was a few years old.

• Kb
      3rd of Jun, 2016

I got a power supply from them that was DOA and the wires were cut up.

• De
      3rd of Jun, 2016

I have had plenty of good dealings with them.

• Bl
    atxpowersupplies.com - Shipped wrong product; no customer service
    Atxpowersupplies.com
    atxpowersupplies.com

VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. Power supply came with screws stripped and very poor fit. Tried to contact Customer service several times and they will not respond. I wish I had read their return policy prior to purchase, it is obvious they do not care about the customer. They charge restocking fees, etc even when it is THEIR fault. Extremely dissatisfied!

• Go
    atxpowersupplies.com - Shipped wrong product; no customer service
    ATXpowersupplies.com

On 7/30/2012 I ordered a Bestec ATX-300-12ZCDR 300 power supply from ATXpowersupplies.com. Without asking for approval from me they shipped a 630watt model which barely fit in the ATX case and had the wrong cables. It was useless. ATXpowersupplies.com did not respond to email, they don't answer their business phone and the did not respond to a message left on their answering machine. I strongly suggest others beware of ordering from ATXpowersupplies.com I spent $64.15 with shipping (Order No. ATXPS71507) for this useless power supply.