atvdiscounter.com / POOR, POOR service

1 Ft Worth, TX, United States Review updated:

Because they will not provide a MSO for a title, I can't drive my new scooter so, I've been looking at a shiny piece of lawn art for the last three weeks. Except for the missing parts, it looks pretty nice. I have no idea if it runs worth a flip since I can't drive it without inspection and registration which can't be obtained without a title... which can't be obtained without a MSO. I've been trying to make contact for weeks to no avail but I'm guessing I'll finally be able to get a return phone call or email from them about the time the warranty runs out... Some people really have no business being in business, atvdiscounter.com is one of them.

Comments

• Le
      15th of Jun, 2008

Just an update for anyone checking on ATVdiscounter (ATV Discounter). Its now been over six weeks and I still have no paperwork for the scooter I ordered from this bunch of yahoos. I still do not have the reflector that was missing when it arrived not have I yet been able to even speak with anyone about it. To this day, no one has ever answered the phone in the parts department (and I call several times a day) and I've never received a return phone call or email from the parts department. I have, on the other hand, been told on three occasions that my paperwork was being shipped out that day... still don't have it though. Maybe someone with some legal knowledge can advise the good folks around here what our options might be?

19th of Jun, 2008

Latest update, I received a certificate of origin today (6/19/08)... for another scooter! Completely different make and model. Well, I guess we're are at least getting closer. Over seven weeks (I ordered my scooter on 4/28/08 and my credit card was charged on 4/29/08) and I still haven't got a usable product. I did finally start getting some return phone calls and emails although I have to say that rather than sort out the problems with their customer service, the folks at ATVDiscounter instead chose to chide me for complaining here and to the BBB. I received a letter from the BBB last week informing me that despite their efforts to make contact with ATVD, all calls, emails and postal mail were ignored. Good luck if you choose to do business with ATVDiscounter.

• Fr
      20th of Jun, 2008

I totally agree. Customer service at atvdiscounter is terrible. I at least have the satisfaction of knowing that I am not the only one. The first certificate of origin had so much information missing that the DOT in Wisconsin would not accept it. I did get to talk to a real person who convinced me to send the certificate that came with the scooter back to them. They were to fill it out properly and return it to me. After three weeks I still have no certificate. I will wait another week, then I will call BBB, Office of Consumer Protection, our district attorney and VISA. Someone should be able to wake up these people. Just think how much money they would make if they treated their customers with respect.
    If anyone has had a similar problem and has found a solution, I would like to hear about it.

20th of Jun, 2008

I think thats essentially the problem, people are still sending their money to these yahoos so they're making enough to not have to worry about running an honest business. I finally talked to someone in their Titling department today and was again told that she couldn't do anything to fix the situation. I filed a complaint with the BBB several weeks ago and received a letter back from them saying they could get no response. I downloaded the complaint forms for the Texas Attorney General's Office and the Texas Dept. of Transportation today and will fill those out this weekend. Good luck with your dealings and please post any updates.

11th of Jul, 2008

Eleven weeks... still no change. Lots of, "oh, we mailed that last week, etc." but still no Title for my scooter. I've got one person telling me they checked the tracking number and it should be getting to me soon yet when I ask for the tracking number so I can see for myself, they won't provide me with it. Then, I talk to another person who says the Title department "lost power today" so they can't check on anything. These people are the lowest form of cretins populating God's green earth. Surely there's a special place in Hell for such lieing, lowlife ###.

23rd of Jul, 2008

I bought an ATV-09, It took 21 days to deliver from Texas to Calif...Then I ordered an ATV-07 (110cc)for my Girl/f. Got it, but engine side cover has a hole in it (from shipping)..filed complaint a month ago along w/MSO REQUEST. Bought it as a 2008 as advert. .. Rec'd NO PART TO FIX, but I got a MSO for a 2006 125cc. It seems they just "Doctor" up mso's and mail them. Still trying to resolve.VERY UNHAPPY. My 2008 is actually a 2006.."2 YEARS OLDER" than ADVERT. This is not right or fair.

• Rg
      30th of Jul, 2008

Happened to me as well. Wrong scooter sent...broken, missing parts, wrong title. 2 months later I now have 2 titles, but still the wrong scooter. Credit Card company is putting funds on hold till they hear from ATV...my guess they will not respond and this heap of crap is mine for free...

• Dc
    Fort Worth
    Texas
    Phone: 817-717-7001
    atvdiscounter.com

All though I have to admit that ATVDiscounters.com, which is a front company for Frontier Imports of Texas, has nice prices they are definitely not worth the aggravation they will cause you. In my 39 years I have never experienced such an extreme level of POOR Customer Service, I believe that an IRS audit would be a less frustrating experience. Due to this companies' irresponsibility and inability to perform even basic follow-up or contact it's customer, I recommend that you shop with any other product provider regardless of cost!
    It all started with what appeared to be the lowest price on having a SUNL Moped. This was only the lowest price because shipping to "Nearest Terminal" was included in at no additional charge. The problem is that they failed to contact me to confirm shipment and never identified the terminal. The only reason I even knew my vehicle shipped was when the receiving terminal called me with a next day pickup demand...the problem is that they sent it 3 towns away (2hr one way), instead of delivering to a terminal in my city. Even when I called, getting hung up on 3 times by their unqualified phone users, I could not get anyone to return phone calls.
    Finally, after 2 days and refusing to be put on hold I had it redirected to my home, at a hidden additional cost...of course. The delivery company told me they would redirect to my location for $40 if Frontier would just contact them…of course Frontier would only do this if I paid them an additional $99…(always glad to pay to correct what should have never happened if they bothered to take care of customers!!!)
    Once the vehicle arrived we discovered that Frontier Imports had place a damaged battery kit in storage compartment. It was obvious the damage was not due to shipping, but caused by someone dropping the battery kit and then putting it into the compartment. The result was Sulfuric Acid Solution leaking all over the compartment and other accessories. This solution also got on the skin of me and my children, who assisted with unpacking, forcing emergency actions to prevent permanent injury or damage. When I contacted Frontier, yet another 2 days of NO CALL BACKs, they didn’t even have the courtesy of an apology. Instead they told me, we cant help you unless you fill out the web based service request, so I did. The response was that they will not give me a new battery that I paid for, but will only repair the one they broke if I spend more money sending it to them.
    With such a ridiculous response I called and left messages for warranty to call me. Which they never did and after waiting 24hrs and being disconnected twice more, I had to call sales to get a human and demanded to speak with Customer Service Manager. I stressed that it is not legal for me to ship leaking acid via mail, which I refuse to pay more for their continued mistakes!!! I stated that I would be more than happy to return the faulty one at their expense. After I threatened to stop payment, she agreed with me and I later received a very curt message, via email, from warranty stating they will send a battery.
    7 days later, still not battery…so I spend another 2 days trying to someone to tell me the status…with no response or call backs. So I left a very angry message that in 1 day I stop payment. With that message I get an unprofessional email, with no contact information, from their warranty department telling once again that they will do nothing if I don’t send it. With this I left a screaming voice mail & email stating my obvious anger due to their FAILING TO DELIVERY A WORKING PRODUCT, NOT CORRECTING THEIR MISTAKES, & NEVER FOLLOWING UP ON ISSUES. Only with yet another stop payment threat did they finally send me a tracking number for what I presume is the battery. Of course they sent it the slowest shipping method possible, because why would they want to help a customer after all.
    In conclusion, it is my recommendation that none of you ever do business with ATVDiscounters.com / Frontier Imports of any other name they decide to use. They are dishonest in action and tell lies (when you can get them to contact you!), and are not worth your trouble.

• Pe
      7th of Aug, 2008

I ordered a 150cc scooter, that I had to eventually sell around March 08, and everything went A+ okay. I see all the negetive FB for them on the web, but it was excellent for me.

This is how it went.

I called, gave them my credit card number and what model number I wanted.
    Very nice, I got my tracking number in about 3 days.
    Track the package, I miss the day I'm supposed to get it, so it comes the next day.
    He called a day ahead too, but it was my mistake.
    He gave me free liftgate, and the scooter was the only box left on the truck. Being that this was my first time ordering anything like this on the internet I was VERY skeptical. Anyways, I unravel it and the scooter was amazing.

Everything went smooth, and the scooter ran very fast, and reliable. I never had any trouble. I hooked up the battery, gassed it up, it took about 15 min for the gas to circulate I guess, ? and then it was on from there. You can email me if youd like I honestly will help you because I felt real lucky.

• Da
      13th of Aug, 2008

Totally agree with the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER! They wouldn't even ship anything to me. On 7/25/08 I ordered an ATV-58 using a credit card and on 7/31 I asked them to follow up on the order. They had they money at this point of course. I was told to hold on for 10 - 14 days. Of course, the published shipping policy states 10 business days.

Well here I am after 15 business days and my order is still listed as "Shipment Prepared" just like it was on 7/25. I called to cancel yesterday but it's still ready to ship. I called to talk to Doug Dahle, my sales rep, and he's unavailable. I called to talk to Richard, his manager, and he's unavailable. The Shipping department and the wait is over an hour.

If you are thinking of ordering from www.ATVDiscounter.com buyer beware! If you are wondering about the quality of the product that you will receive, read the other posts here. The phone support is the worst I've ever experienced. The on time delivery in horrible, and the personal touch is completely missing. If you continue your order with them and have a good experience then more power to you. You should probably buy a lottery ticket also with that sort of luck.

16th of Aug, 2008

yes hi i got a bike from atv Discounter i need my mos paperwork it has been 4 weeks now so will i get them lol. did you ever get your mos paperwork thanks james

• Je
      22nd of Aug, 2008

ATVdiscounter, Frontier, whatever name they go by, there are many titles that fit, LIAR, THIEF, CROOK, SHYSTER, ###S, DISHONEST JERKS ...dont EVER order their junk, do yourself a huge favor and go to a reputable dealer in your area. Spend a little more and be ALOT happier. I am in contact with my credit card Co. and the ATTY. GENERALS OFFICE in both PA and TEXAS. These people will steal any amount they can from you if you let them. DONT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THESE LYING THIEVES

• Al
      29th of Aug, 2008

I HAD A SCOOTER DELIVERED DAMAGED ON 7-21-08 FROM ATVDISCOUNTER IN TX AND HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET SOMEBODY TO RESPOND EVERY SINCE. PHONE DISCONNECTED, NO ANSWER TO E-MAILS. BODY DAMAGE AND UNABLE TO RIDE. ANY IDEAS AS TO HOW I COULD GET THEM TO GIVE REFUND AND TAKE THIS PIECE OF JUNK BACK?

ALICE

• Sh
      22nd of Sep, 2008

Absolutely the worst customer service... I have tried to get a hold of someone over there for over 2 months now. I opened a "ticket" like they told me to and no one has called me back in over 2 MONTHS! They recommended this bike to me and they knew my height and weight and said it would be fine. They said the scooter would go 65mph and get 80mpg. I'm lucky to hit 50mph and I get about 65mpg. 50mph is a little dangerous in Illinois if you know what I mean. I've opened up 3 tickets and made dozens of calls and they never get back to me. I wish I could stop the payment on the credit card but its probably too late.

• Ro
      24th of Sep, 2008

I agree with everyone. ATV Discounter should be put out of business by the Texas Attorney Generals Office. I ordered a dual sport dirt bike. When I received my order, there were wires broken in the wiring harness. Then my speedometer cable was broken. I had problems getting a license plate in PA for this bike. After 20 emails and several phone calls, I spoke to Trisha Barling, she said she would send parts for repairs. I still do not have them to this day. I make another mistake by ordering an ATV off of them for my daughter. After two weeks of waiting, they have my money and still never sent a tracking number. I have had enough of this company. I then canceled my order and is still waiting for my refund. Lets get together to put this company out of business! Please email at mastplumb@msn.com so we can file the proper complaints and save someone else from getting ripped off! ATV DISCOUNTER SUCKS AND IS THE WORSE COMPANY IN AMERICA! DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!
    Bob Csaszar
    Pittsburgh PA

• Rg
      29th of Sep, 2008

ATVDISCOUNTER.COM is a JOKE.
    I HAVE A FREE SCOOTER AS WELL WITH 2 YES 2 TITLES.
    HAS YET TO BE DRIVEN AND HAS BEEN SEVERAL MONTHS SINCE PURCHASED.
    OH YEAH< ALSO ARRIVED DAMAGED BADLY
    CHEERS

• Lu
      9th of Oct, 2008

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN THIS COMPANY DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THE CUSTOMERS. HOW MAY I HELP YOU DEAL WITH YOUR PROBLEM AND HOW CAN WE GET THEM OUT OF BUISNESS. THEY ARE NOT HELPING ANYBODY. PLEASE CALL ME AT 972-201-7229 I WANT TO HELP EVERYBODY WHO NEED INFORMATION TO GET THEM OUT OF BUISNESS.

• Lu
      9th of Oct, 2008

I USED TO WORK FOR THEM LUIS RAMIREZ. POSTED MESSAGE PRIOR

• Ro
      13th of Oct, 2008

I was charged on last month's credit card statement for a rear rim for a Loncin 125 dirt bike. I received a front rim so I sent it back. Now no one answers excepT a guy named Brian who told me two weeks ago the right one was one its way. This is a joke and it's on me because my credit card has been billed $159.00 and I don't know where to turn.

• Da
      2nd of Nov, 2008

Well, this sounds the same as me. I purchased a scooter on 17 May 08 over the phone with Steve Berry did not get it until 23 June 2008. Requested the MSO and a new turn signal bulb. They said the bulb was not covered under warranty. Well, the bulb was a factory see I did not drive at all before it was broken. Additionally, I did not receive a warranty, sales slip or any other information required by Texas law.

The MSO I received was for another unit, probably the one for someone on this page. When I asked for the new MSO, they said they would send it to me when I pay the taxes for the unit...hell I already have it in my Garage for two months at this point. They simply do not how to conduct business

At the point I have a complaint with the Attorney General in Texas. They are about to take them to court over my complaints...BTW this does not help me, but will fine the holy living [censored] out of ATVdiscounter.com. My plans are to take them to small claims court. If you would like any information on this, please email me at bigbaduglydude69@yahoo.com